Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2004, 01:40 PM   #1
poohlover
DIS Veteran

Ebay question about Non Paying Bidder

I am hoping all you ebayers can help me out here. I've never had this situation...guess I was lucky till now.

I had an auction for some boys clothes end on 11/4 for only $3.00...the buyer send me an eamil saying she'll pay by check/money order...OK

2 days later I get another eamil from the buyer saying Husband forgot to mail the money order/check, can the auction be cancled?? Before I can repaly I get another email sayign that her babysitter bid on this with out her knowledge, she is being evicted & has to cancel the auction.

I am now angry with so many different stories...sounds like she is someone who NEVER had any intention of bidding. I send off an angry email...but it is returned...I can NOT get any communication out of the buyer. I even tried calling, but the phone number given to ebay is missing one number!!!

I have put in a non paying buyer dispute??if that's what it is called. She now says she sent it...the money order company says my husbands name in on the money order...she took a picture of it...maybe it got sent to my neighbors...

Is this going to go anywhere??? What do I do next to get my fees returned. I told her I will accept her payment still...but I have NOT recieved it nor has MY DH!! I checked her feedback...0...but one person listed 2 neturals that she was a non paying bidder...I just emailed her & she said this person gave her ALL kinds of stories too!!

What can I do next??? This isn't fair to let her keep doing this to more people.
poohlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:08 PM   #2
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Send her an email and tell her you will return her money order (if you ever really receive it of course) as it has been over 30 days now since the auction ended and you will be leaving neg feedback. That you've been more than patient trying to work with her, etc. but still have had not response. Since you haven't had any communication for the past few weeks I would DEFINITELY NEG her so that other sellers know she's a risk.

Click on "Unpaid Item Disputes" in MY EBAY and it should show you the status of this dispute. I think you have to check it off or something like that. Just keep in mind you won't be able to get a credit on the listing fee (which is probably more than the FVF). You can relist of course and if it sells then you wouldn't be charged a list fee again. Seems like a lot of trouble you've gone through for a $3 auction. Sorry about that, I know it happens. Sounds to me like she's just blowing it off.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: