DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2004, 11:08 AM   #1
phyllisnnj
Mouseketeer

New Park Tickets Announced for 2005 - "Magic Your Way"

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...urWayIndexPage

Also see...
http://mousesavers.com/wdwticketprices.html#myw
phyllisnnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:18 AM   #2
scootert
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for posting this. This is great news -- we can't take advantage of the AP discounts so I'm very glad to see some great options on other tickets.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2004, 11:23 AM   #3
DaveO
Mouseketeer

Thumbs down Hate It - Price Increase in disguise

Wow - This is going to take 1/2 hour to explain to guests at checkin and at the ticket booths. This is way to complicated.

Thanks for the info.

Dave O.
DaveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:31 AM   #4
scootert
DIS Veteran

I did a comparison on the 7 day options ... if you do the premium plus with no expiration, price is comparable to an advance purchase 7 day hopper plus.

I think the biggest change is in the expiration -- most of us are used to hopper passes that don't expire. People will have to be careful and be sure to add the "no expiration" feature if that's what they want....
Old 12-02-2004, 11:35 AM   #5
poohj80
Got Hunny?

This does sound like a good option for non DVC members or to squeeze in an extra trip once we've used all this year's points. ;-)

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:36 AM   #6
phyllisnnj
Mouseketeer

From the Disney website

Magic Your Way Ticket Prices:http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...terPassesPopUp

Magic Your Way vacations make it more affordable than ever to take a Walt Disney World® Resort vacation. Now, you can select how many days you want tickets for; keeping in mind that the per-day price gets lower the longer you play. Your average price per day for a 7-day Magic Your Way Base Ticket is less than half the price of the same single-day ticket. And, when you purchase select tickets in advance of your arrival, you can
save even more!*

Number of Days
With Magic Your Way vacations, you can select how many days you want tickets for, keeping in mind that the per-day price gets lower the longer you play.

Your average price per day for a 7-day Magic Your Way Base Ticket is less than half the price of the same single-day ticket. It's like saving over 50%!*
Now you can enjoy the ultimate value: The ability to experience ALL the magic at your own pace.

Park Hopper® Option
Adding the Park Hopper option gives you the ultimate flexibility during your vacation. Whereas your Magic Your Way Base Ticket allows you admission to only one Theme Park per day, adding the Park Hopper option lets you:

Come and go as you please through multiple Theme Parks on the same day for the entire length of your ticket.
With the Park Hopper Option, no matter where you begin your day, you can go from park to park to enjoy the evening Extra Magic Hours.
Enjoy the freedom to be more spontaneous and relaxed with your daily vacation plans.

Magic Plus Pack Option
Add even more magic to your Walt Disney World® Resort vacation with admission** to your choice of other Walt Disney World® Resort attractions:

Choose from two fabulous Water Parks, DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park, the 8 live entertainment venues at Pleasure Island, or Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex.†
With so much fun to be had, you won't want to miss out on any of it - and now you won't have to.

No Expiration Option
Let the magic live forever! Our Magic Your Way Base Tickets expire 14 days from their first use. However, when you add the No Expiration Option to your ticket, you're able to come back and take advantage of unused days at any time in the future.

Relax in the knowledge that any unused days will be available for your next visit.

*Theme Park admission is valid for 14 days from first use, unless the No Expiration Option is also purchased.
**This option provides a certain number of Plus visits based on the length of the ticket purchased. For each Plus visit, you can choose to visit one of the attractions listed. visit, you can choose to visit one of the attractions listed.
phyllisnnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:42 AM   #7
ErinC
DIS Veteran

And we thought check in already took a long time, just wait until this new ticket system goes in to effect! How confusing!UUUGGGGHHHH!
ErinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:50 AM   #8
LIFERBABE
DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV

Last Day To Purchase Park Hopper Plus Passes!!!!!!!!

JANUARY 1, 05!!!!

No wonder they are making us wait for the AP discount! I dont even want to do the math! I think most members will just throw their hands up and take the PAP!

My head hurts

"Mama I want go see Mittey Mouse"
MAY 1998 Apopka/JUNE 2002 Highland Rsrv./JUNE 2003 Wind. PalmsMAY 2004 SSR DVC Member Homecoming/JUNE 2004 SOG & BCV 2B2Q/OCT 2004 BWV 1B & SSR H-Jeanne/ DEC 2004 VWL & SSR/MAY to JUNE 2005 MONTH VISIT TO BCV AND SSR/SEPT 05 DVC MEMBER CRUISE DCL Wonder/DEC 05 BCV & SSR/MAY-June 2006 SSR/Sept 2006 7 Day DCL Double Castaway Cay/Oct 2006 DVC Member Cruise 2006/Dec 2006-Jan 2007 Christmas @ BCV & NYE @ SSR/March 2007 Girls trip to BWV & SSR/June 2007 Family Reunion @ SSR/July 2007 First Trip to AKV Sav.View!/Oct 2007 BCV F&WF/Dec-Jan 2008 AKV Concierge and SSR/JUNE 08 BCV/SSR/AUG-SEP 08TOAL EB REPO/OCT 08 F&WF BCV concierge/DEC 08 SSR/AKV/HHI/JUNE 09 DCL/DEC 09 THV/.........
LIFERBABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #9
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

I'm confused already. Is this an option only if you are buying a package thru Disney? We're DVC members, I was planning on buying 6 day HP, with no pluses. So where's the deal for me and what should I do?

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:55 AM   #10
goldilocks_63
OKW+BCV+SSR+AKV
No time like the present!

Talking Question

Sorry, been out of the loop for a few days....

SO does this mean that the old type of park tickets that don't ever expire, are going to be replaced by this magic ticket.

Or is the magic ticket just in addition.

Thanks, Goldi
Spring Break - Vero Beach - Ahhhh - relaxing
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:59 AM   #11
Lisa F
is a very wise woman
BWV/VWL Member
You need a degree in math to eat m&m's with me!
I personally could eat turkey every day of the week

It's really not that complicated once you understand it. You can get a basic ticket that is just like 1 park 1 day for however long you want it, then you can add on parkhopping capability or plus options or pay a little extra so that your days never expire. I think having an option that allows 7 days of park admission for only $200 is a really fabulous option! It does throw a kink in the "break even" point of an AP though even with the discount.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:05 PM   #12
lenshanem

DIS Veteran / DVC Member

I can't believe this! What a MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like the hopper or expiration thing at all. My goodness!

You will have to TOTALLY plan out everything in advance and if something happens while on your trip - OH, WELL!!!

If it boggles my mind, I don't know how first time visitors are gonna figure this out. They are really setting themselves up on this one!

EGADS!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 12:08 PM   #13
Lisa F
is a very wise woman
BWV/VWL Member
You need a degree in math to eat m&m's with me!
I personally could eat turkey every day of the week

That's not true. You can basically build your own parkhopper plus to create an "old style" one where the days never expire. It costs about the same as the old parkhopper plus too. It IS a little more complex but if you go to mousesavers it explains the whole thing. I think the added complexity is worth it in order to give a no frills ticket option that allows greater flexibility to people on a serious budget... 7 days for $199 is a great deal! If you give up the ability to park hop you get 7 days for the price of an old 4 day parkhopper.

<a href="http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwticketprices.html#hopperplus">explanation of the new ticket system</a>
Old 12-02-2004, 12:10 PM   #14
LIFERBABE
DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV

Quote:
I think having an option that allows 7 days of park admission for only $200 is a really fabulous option!
Agreed! Disney is really fighting back! US/IOA must have really put a dent in their business. This does give families more WDW ticket options that are affordable. The 7 day option for $199 plus tax (no hopping, expires 14 days after activation, no Waterparks, DQ or PI) breaks down to $28.57 plus tax a day!

That puts us at 10 days to break even on the AP.

It will be confusing at first, but having planned trips for others, most have sticker shock when their only pass options are $300 or more a piece!

"Mama I want go see Mittey Mouse"
MAY 1998 Apopka/JUNE 2002 Highland Rsrv./JUNE 2003 Wind. PalmsMAY 2004 SSR DVC Member Homecoming/JUNE 2004 SOG & BCV 2B2Q/OCT 2004 BWV 1B & SSR H-Jeanne/ DEC 2004 VWL & SSR/MAY to JUNE 2005 MONTH VISIT TO BCV AND SSR/SEPT 05 DVC MEMBER CRUISE DCL Wonder/DEC 05 BCV & SSR/MAY-June 2006 SSR/Sept 2006 7 Day DCL Double Castaway Cay/Oct 2006 DVC Member Cruise 2006/Dec 2006-Jan 2007 Christmas @ BCV & NYE @ SSR/March 2007 Girls trip to BWV & SSR/June 2007 Family Reunion @ SSR/July 2007 First Trip to AKV Sav.View!/Oct 2007 BCV F&WF/Dec-Jan 2008 AKV Concierge and SSR/JUNE 08 BCV/SSR/AUG-SEP 08TOAL EB REPO/OCT 08 F&WF BCV concierge/DEC 08 SSR/AKV/HHI/JUNE 09 DCL/DEC 09 THV/.........
LIFERBABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:15 PM   #15
jctwizzer
DIS Veteran

Cool

' What a MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
"I don't like the hopper or expiration thing at all. My goodness! "

Looks like if you don't like them, you can skip them and save money. With all the flexibility, what's not to like?? Its not rocket science.
jctwizzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: