Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2004, 09:52 AM   #1
Hillbeans
If you're bored, please read a book or watch TV...TFs are scared of eyebrowless people
Pulled an "Agony of Defeat" at the mall
"I told them that I liked Michael Bolton!"

"Magic your way" tickets for 2005

Has anyone else seen this? Not sure if I'm allowed to link this, but I will because it's spelled out here:

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwticketprices.html#myw

I don't like the extra cost to use the tickets after 14 days. It just seems like they're taking away the "plusses" that you got in the cost of the tickets from before. Maybe someone who really understands the comparison between the old and the new can better judge what is the best deal - to get the tickets before the new year under the old way, or get the new ones.

The new ones seem a lot more expensive.
1977 - 1st Trip, 1982, 2nd Trip & EPCOT, 2003 - AKL, 2004 2 trips - Marriott World and POFQ, July 2005 - Grand Gathering - Emerald Isle - Coronado, Beach Club Villas, Dolphin - Mar/Apr 2007 - Mom's meet June '08, Grand Gathering # 2 - July '08 - Bought DVC July '08- First DVC trip to BWV June '09 - AKV Jambo Poly 2010, BCV June 2011, Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise 11/2012, Disney Magic 11/2/14

Last edited by Hillbeans; 12-02-2004 at 10:00 AM.
Hillbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:58 AM   #2
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I'm surprised it wasn't explained better on mousesavers.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2004, 10:08 AM   #3
bananiem
It's like Annie Bananie only it's just Bananie M.
I admit I LOVE good jewelry
I am not his dear or deer, for that matter

Oh, that sounds horrid! They're going to charge us for things that used to be part of the deal and they KNOW people will pay extra for...like being able to park hop, the no expiration thing, etc.
bananiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:09 AM   #4
Annette_VA
DIS Veteran

Oh, that's way too confusing...
Old 12-02-2004, 10:14 AM   #5
Miss Jasmine
Time for something new!
I didn't realize that luvflorida has funny buns!

Yes it seems confusing. It also looks like you are almost penalized for a shorter vacation. Disney must really be pushing for longer stays. However when you add the stuff up it really isn't that far off from the price of things now.

For those in Florida, there is also a discount involved. :D
Miss Jasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:40 AM   #6
Laurajean1014
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Therefore, I have no other input!
Sit back, relax and enjoy the adventure
The looty booty was the best beginning

I must be missing something, but I do not think the prices are high or confusing. (!) We were going to by PAP's but now will opt for the Magic My Way tickets. It saves us money when only going to WDW once a year.

Thanks, L
Is equal to the love you make.
Laurajean1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:49 AM   #7
Hillbeans
If you're bored, please read a book or watch TV...TFs are scared of eyebrowless people

Ok, lets see if I do this right.

If I buy a 5 day hopper pass with plusses, it would today cost me $300.33 at the gate. If I wait until 1/2/05, this same ticket costs me 193 base plus 35 to make it a hopper, plus 45 to add the plusses and $45 to make it good after 14 days. That now costs me $318.

They are penalizing you really on the "14 day" rule as I see it.
1977 - 1st Trip, 1982, 2nd Trip & EPCOT, 2003 - AKL, 2004 2 trips - Marriott World and POFQ, July 2005 - Grand Gathering - Emerald Isle - Coronado, Beach Club Villas, Dolphin - Mar/Apr 2007 - Mom's meet June '08, Grand Gathering # 2 - July '08 - Bought DVC July '08- First DVC trip to BWV June '09 - AKV Jambo Poly 2010, BCV June 2011, Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise 11/2012, Disney Magic 11/2/14
Old 12-02-2004, 10:52 AM   #8
tkyes
DIS Earth Angel! :)
Wants a vacation now!
TF sprinkles PD on tkyes
The TF is saving the outrageous stuff for later

Interesting. I can see this causing a lot of problems. There might be a lot of people who buy the base and don't realize they can not park hop with it, resulting in some waits at the gates while people figure things out.
tkyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:55 AM   #9
snoopy
This space for rent
I run on Judi time
Got carded (we won't go into details ;) ).
Sunshine_On my shoulders_ Makes Me Happeeee.

Geez, how confusing. Every year I'm liking Universal (and the ability to get a deal every so often!) more and more.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:23 AM   #10
always quiet
Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the hydrant
Please pass the tylenol........heck, pass something stronger if you got it!!

I just called Disney to ask some questions about this. The CM on the phone kept telling me that yes, they were changing the tickets but the information was not released yet. I told him yes it was!! He actually had to go onto the internet to find out what we all are looking at.

Aside from looking at the expiration thing, the ticket prices really are not that different. There is only a couple dollars difference between the current 5 day plus hopper and the new ticket with the option to do the water parks and to hop. One thing he did say, though, which makes this new one a little better value is that the new 5 day tickets will have 3 extra visits when you choose that feature instead of the 2 options that they now have.
always quiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:31 AM   #11
ladycollector
UCF Knights!

I understand the tickets. But can someone show me the fl discount thingy. We usually do passes, but if this is cheaper maybe we will do this..
Old 12-02-2004, 11:35 AM   #12
HughJackman'n'me
Ya Ya Sista
I wanna pat the "Bear's NOSE"!

I guess I SHOULD....

...read the link first, but let me get this straight: If you want to park-hop, you must pay EXTRA per ticket??? Am I geting this right??!?!? We have ressies for Prez Week (2/19 - 2/26). Should I purchase my tix NOW, or wait??
Old 12-02-2004, 11:48 AM   #13
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkyes
Interesting. I can see this causing a lot of problems. There might be a lot of people who buy the base and don't realize they can not park hop with it, resulting in some waits at the gates while people figure things out.

I was thinking the same thing.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:52 PM   #14
Disneyland_emily
I soo need to get that
I *knew* there was a reason I still had faith in people
I can't sleep unless I say goodnight to Drew

I don't think its that bad of a change. Then again I am used to the DL system where ALL tickets expire 7-14 days after the first use so the idea of paying a little extra now to guarentee them good for awhile is good if its something that works for the family.

Is it confusing? a little esp with the whole park hopping idea being extra. Personally I would just have added it in and had the rest as is. Wonder if it would be possible to say buy the one park ticket then if you decide you want the park hopping thing later to add it in. Ie if you knew say days 1,2,3,4 you were going to just do 1 park but days 5,6 and 7 you wanted to park hop then could you add it for only those days...

Itll be curious to see if DL adopts the system as well.. -em
Old 12-02-2004, 12:53 PM   #15
Hillbeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJackman'n'me
...read the link first, but let me get this straight: If you want to park-hop, you must pay EXTRA per ticket??? Am I geting this right??!?!? We have ressies for Prez Week (2/19 - 2/26). Should I purchase my tix NOW, or wait??

I think in this case the tickets will be close to the same price. I see the most difference in the price if you don't use them in 14 days, where they can charge you up to $55 extra.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: