Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2004, 10:43 AM   #1
djm99

If lovin' Disneyworld is Childish... I never want to grow up
Me Me Me Me Me Me!

Disney's New "Magic your Way tickets" and 2005 Packages

Check out Disney's New Packages and Tickets Available Jan 2nd

New for 2005 - Magic Your Way Tickets

The Walt Disney World Resort will switch to Magic Your Way Tickets – available to all guests, whether or not they stay at a Disney resort hotel – beginning January 2, 2005.

With the Magic Your Way Tickets, guests first choose the number of days they want on a base ticket that allows them to enter one theme park each day. Then, they can decide which options they want to add, paying for only those features they want, such as the ability to visit multiple Disney theme parks each day or to visit Disney water parks, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island or other exciting venues.

When I have prices, I will post them here.

Add-on purchases to the base ticket include:

Park Hopper Option - Adding the Park-Hopper Option lets you come and go as you please through all four Disney theme parks on the same day or every day for each day of your pass. Extra cost to the base-price ticket: $35 – or just $5 per day on a seven-day ticket.

Magic Plus Pack - This option provides the choice of admission to Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park, DisneyQuest, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island or Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex. Extra cost to the base-price ticket: $45 (includes 2-5 visits to Magic Plus Pack attractions, depending on the number of base ticket days you purchased).

No Expiration Option - New Magic Your Way Tickets expire 14 days after their first use. Electing the No Expiration Option means you are free to come back and take advantage of unused tickets at any time. Extra cost to the base-price ticket: $10 if 2-day ticket purchased, up to $55 if 7-day ticket purchased.

Magic Your Way Premium Ticket - This ticket combines the benefits of the Park Hopper Option and the Magic Plus Pack Option. (Similar to the benefits of the Premium Annual Pass, but for a limited number of days.)

Advance Purchase Savings Tickets - The savings get even sweeter when you purchase select, multi-day Magic Your Way Tickets of 5 days in length or more with either the Park Hopper Option and/or the Magic Plus Pack Option in advance, before leaving home.

2005 Packages - "Magic Your Way"

Walt Disney World Resort has unveiled an innovative new vacation package system. The new Magic Your Way Tickets and vacation packages will be available for booking and travel beginning January 2, 2005, and will provide a wider range of options that allow you to design a Walt Disney World vacation that matches your needs and desires.

Disney says that with the new Magic Your Way Vacations, a Walt Disney World vacation has become more affordable. A family of four will be able to enjoy a weeklong (6-night/7-day) Walt Disney World vacation – including a stay at an on-property Disney Value Resort hotel with tickets to all four theme parks during regular or value season – for less than $1,500.

The basis of the new packages is a completely new admission ticket system. For the first time ever, the new Magic Your Way Tickets will offer significant year-round savings that grow the more days you visit. A seven-day theme park ticket, for instance, averages just $29 per day, or less than half the price of a single-day ticket ($59.75 per adult, before tax).

The new tickets offer the flexibility of adding options like Park Hopping or water park visits to theme park tickets or selecting a vacation package that includes meals. For that reason, Disney’s Magic Your Way Vacations put you in control of framing the vacation that best suits your desires and budgets.

Some people may choose the affordability of a Magic Your Way Base Ticket to the four Walt Disney World theme parks. Others may be interested in the added flexibility and fun of a ticket that includes admission to water parks, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island and other great venues. Some may choose a ticket that lets them visit multiple parks in the same day. You now pay only for the options you want!

The new ticket options are the cornerstone of a new menu of Walt Disney World Resort vacation packages offered by the Walt Disney Travel Company. These new vacation plans, which no longer require a minimum length of stay of at least three nights, also become available for sale and travel beginning January 2, and include the following options:

Disney’s Magic Your Way Package:
This base package helps you experience the magic of a Walt Disney World vacation at an affordable rate. The package includes accommodations at a Disney-owned-and-operated resort hotel, and Magic Your Way base tickets for everyone in the group.

The Magic Your Way vacation package is the most affordable "starter" package and is available to those staying at the Disney-owned-and-operated resorts, the Swan and Dolphin, selected Downtown Disney hotels and some Disney Good Neighbor hotels. It includes:

Accommodations at a Disney resort
Magic Your Way Starter Pass (allows you to visit one theme park per day)*
Official Walt Disney Travel Company luggage tag (one per person)
3-night Value Season packages will start at:

$329 per adult
$198 per Junior (ages 10-17)
$158 per child (ages 3-9)
*The Starter Pass can be upgraded with the Park Hopper option, Magic Plus Pack option and/or No Expiration option at an additional cost.

Everyone in the room must be on the same package and ticket options. All passes must be used within 14 days of first use, unless the No Expiration option is purchased.

Disney’s Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining :

This exciting new package features a new option that seasoned Disney guests have longed for – the ability to include convenient and affordable meals in vacation plans. The package includes everything from the Disney’s Magic Your Way Package, and adds a dining plan that includes two meals and a snack per person, per package night at more than 100 restaurants across the Walt Disney World Resort.

As part of its new lineup of Disney’s Magic Your Way Vacations, the Walt Disney World Resort is introducing a new package that includes convenient and affordable meals.

Available only with packages that include accommodations at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel, the new Disney’s Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining is a convenient and affordable way to experience many of the unique Disney dining locations found across the Walt Disney World Resort. The additional cost is $35 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $10 per night for children (ages 3-9).

In addition to the regular features of the Magic Your Way vacation package, each day you can enjoy the following (per person, per package night) from more than 100 participating Walt Disney World Resort restaurants:

One table service meal – includes appetizer, entrée, dessert, non-alcoholic beverage and gratuity/service charge
One counter service meal – includes entrée and non-alcoholic beverage, or full combo meal: entrée, side dish and non-alcoholic beverage
One snack – such as a snack-cart ice cream, box of popcorn, or medium soft drink at select counter-service and snack-cart locations
For example, a guest with a length of stay of 3-nights/4-days who elects to book Disney’s Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining would receive three table service meals, three counter service meals, and three snacks per person, for their stay. Children must order from the kids menu, when available.

Meal options are flexible and can be used in a variety of combinations, including using multiple meal options in any one day, exchanging one table-service meal for one character dining experience, or exchanging two table-service meals for one meal at a dinner show or at a signature restaurant like the California Grill.

If choosing this plan, the Disney’s Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining must be purchased for all guests in the party ages three and up.

Disney’s Magic Your Way Premium Package :

This deluxe package is similar to the old Platinum package and includes everything from Disney’s Magic Your Way Package as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner per person, per package night, along with other exciting options like recreation, theme park tours, and admission to the Cirque du Soleil show La Nouba, and more.

Do U understand this?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:55 AM   #2
nursemelis374
Mouseketeer

I will be interested to see what the base price is. I am not sure if it will save money or just end up costing a lot more! I think that the flexibility is kind of nice htough.
Coronado Springs - October 2008
Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge - June 2010
Offsite at WDW - October 2010
Polynesian - October 2011
Grand Californian Concierge Suite - June 2012
Offsite and RPR - June 2013

Disneyland- More times than I could count!
nursemelis374 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2004, 10:58 AM   #3
petchie
DIS Veteran

someone on passporter posted links to the pricing for tickets

http://www.passporterboards.com/ubb/...ID=#Post670002
petchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
shellybaxter
Dis Veteran
Disney Restaurants for one hundred Alex

Will Annual Passes still be available or should I buy one now before the changes?

Shelly
shellybaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:35 AM   #5
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

i'll admit that i am confused!! will park hoppers as we know them still be available?
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:51 AM   #6
tinkerbee
"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever." -Walt Disney

If I added it up right it would cost $334 for 7 days unlimited with 5 pluses. Now a 7 day hopper with 4 pluses is $364. If I'm getting this.

AKV Nov POP Oct ASMu Sept CSR Jan 2014
March 10Dec, Jan 2009
August March 2008
Dec, Nov, October August, July.
SSR&OKW June 2007
VWL Christmas 2006,POR August 2006
Coronado and OKW May 2005
OKW, POR and VWL January 2004
Fort Wilderness Cabins Easter 2003
OKW and ASMu August 2002
POR Oct 2001 ASMo Jaunuary 2001
Off site 2000, 1989 and 1986
tinkerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:01 PM   #7
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

As I look through the information...it really looks like there are some real deals to had if you work it right (esp if you stay for 7 days). I'm actually getting kind of excited about it. And we usually don't do packages (only once in 8 trips).
-HM
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:38 PM   #8
Rneighh
This is a horse of a different color! :)

The meal deal sound like a deal. 35.00 per day and I get a counter service and a sit down meal? Can I add it to an existing reservation I have for Feb.?

Renee
01' CS
03' AKL
06' RPH and AKL
08' POR
12' WL

Next trip May of 2013 to celebrate my youngest graduating from college.
Rneighh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:39 PM   #9
djm99

If lovin' Disneyworld is Childish... I never want to grow up
Me Me Me Me Me Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1313
i'll admit that i am confused!! will park hoppers as we know them still be available?
Yes they will. Maybe this will help. Magic Your Way Ticket Prices
Old 12-02-2004, 01:41 PM   #10
petchie
DIS Veteran

Dining package can be a great deal! For $35 you have some REALLY NICE CHOICES!!!!!!!!!!!

Found this from that passporter link

http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/M...rWayDining.htm

then there is a link to a dining chart, but I don't know how to get that URL.
petchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:49 PM   #11
jjohnson

Volunteer cheerleader for the official "exclusive tag fairy club" cheering squad.

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Wow! I got all flustered at first thinking of the schedule I already made to park hop then I read about the meal plan & I'm thrilled

(I know...you can still park hop but it's quite a savings when there's 5 people involved) :jumping4:
jjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:50 PM   #12
WDW LOVR
WDW Makes us smile. Why do we never have enough points?

I don't think park hopper passes as we know them will be available although you will be able to park hop with the new passes for an additional fee.

The cost of the passes is on Mousesavers. A 7 day pass without hopping is $199. A 6 day is $196 and a 5 day is $193 (all before tax). If you want to hop it costs a flat fee extra ($35 I think). If you want "add-on" options (water parks, pleasure island) it's extra ($45 I think). The days DO expire unless you pay extra for the "no expiration" option (cost based on the number of days of the pass).

Proud Members LOTW
WDW LOVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:54 PM   #13
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

APs are not affected.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:11 PM   #14
Bride In The Attic
DIS Veteran

Wow

I'm really excited about all of this.

So, no more Dream Maker/Wishes packages next year or is this in addition to those?

Addicted to the Poly since 1974!
First trip: Jan 74 Polynesian "Village" Resort - 20 trips since
Bride In The Attic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:29 PM   #15
Tabetha
DIS Veteran

I think the Dream Maker Packages with Add Ons will cease to exist.
Now you'll choose your MYW ticket, pick a resort, and be able to choose between the $35/night "Meal Package" or the "Premium Package" that incudes all meals and recreation (cost not yet known?)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: