Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2004, 10:48 AM   #1
princessknb
Mouseketeer

Help Me Decide?

We are a famliy of four (2 adults and 2 kids-ages 3 and 8). We will be at DW 5/28/05--6/4/05. We are planning on doing the parks for 5 days (no park on arrival or departure) according to my DH. My question is this should be just stay at the resort for one day or visit Universal Studios (which ias what I want to do). Will the children like Universal being they are young?

Last edited by princessknb; 12-14-2004 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling
princessknb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:30 PM   #2
kilee

The Tag Fairy knows all, sees all.....
Love is in the air!

It really depends on what type of rides/attractions you like. For my family we do Universal Studio's every couple of trips for a change. Never have done IOA, as we aren't big coaster fans or thrill rides and this park has a lot of both. As for the Studio's there are a lot of simulator rides, which make me very ill as well. So, I go more for the shows, which are amazing.
kilee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2004, 12:37 PM   #3
babieemelly
DIS Veteran

Like Kilee said it really depends on what types of rides your family likes. Universal Studios has a lot of intense attractions - maybe not so much motion-wise, but the effects (explosions, water, tornadoes, etc) may be too much for your kids. I absolutely LOVE Islandsof Adventure - the theming is amazing and the rides are first-class. However, except for Seuss Landing most of the rides are really intense thrill rides. There are a lot of coasters, simulators and water rides. If your family likes these types of rides then Island's can't be missed! Another good park is Sea World - the exhibits and attractions are GREAT ans there are also 2 or 3 thrill rides if you're looking for some coasters. If you decide against going to another park, you could always hang out around your resort,go resort-hopping or check out Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk. There's so much to do in Disney outside of the parks!
babieemelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 02:42 PM   #4
princessknb
Mouseketeer

Ok, with those things being said, where would you recommend off-site souvenir shopping?
princessknb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: