Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2004, 12:23 AM   #1
MinnieYC
DIS Cast Member

How to get from the center of Paris to DLP with luggage?

DH and I *may* be visiting Paris and DLP this spring (either that or WDW, haven't decided yet). For the first time, we're hoping to spend at least one night at DLP; we've only done day trips before.

Well, for the day trips from Paris to DLP, the RER was perfect- cheap, easy, and fast! But we're realizing that this might not work for this trip, as the RER will probably be difficult when we have our suitcases.

So, how has anyone here gotten from the center of Paris to DLP besides the RER? We probably wouldn't mind another form of train that would have ramps/elevators/escalators/etc to access it, but if a taxi or car service is similar in price, this would probably be more comfortable.

Thanks!
MinnieYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:28 AM   #2
jjpenguin
A penguin with mouse ears & wooden shoes?
I'm going to sulk!!

I wouldn't know for sure, but I think the regular train also goes to DLP from one of the main stations (I know I had to change there once) A taxi or car service would probably be much more expensive. If you can do DLP on your first or last day you can then take a bus directly to the airport, saving you a transfer trip.

try www.sncf.fr for the french train service
July 1974 Offsite * Feb 1997 Offsite * Feb 1998 Offsite * Feb 1999 Offsite * Feb 2000 POFQ and Disney Wonder * March 2001 DLP Sequoia Lodge * Nov 2001 1st DVC trip VWL + OKW * March 2003 BWV + AKL Concierge * May 2004 HH + BCV for Star Wars Weekends * Nov 2004 OKW solo trip * Feb 2005 Disneyland * Sept 2005 DVC Member Cruise & Vero Beach * May 2006 Star Wars Weekends again, at BWV * Sept 2006 2nd Solo trip at ASMu and SSR * May 2007 Using up our AP at OKW - Pirates of the Caribbean Adventure on the 7 Seas Lagoon * Sept 2007 Very last minute quick fix solo trip at SSR! * Sept 2008 - DH and me at SSR

jjpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2004, 04:04 PM   #3
CarolA

Hasn't been overlooked by the Tag Fairy

I took my luggage on the RER, but I only had one 22" suitcase and a carry on.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:56 PM   #4
disneydavey
Mouseketeer

itd probably be a bit of a squeeze when ur first in paris, but get on the red line that goes to marne la valley chessey

once your outside of paris you should be ok and have some space to move
disneydavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 07:40 PM   #5
magic
Mouseketeer

We have taken the train 2 different times with 2 adults and 2 teenagers and four 22" suitcases and a couple of backpacks. It is really not that bad as long as everything is on rollers.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:11 PM   #6
MorganB
Mouseketeer

There isn't a train from the city center out to disney besides the RER. There is a train station at disney but the trains come from the north (London , Brussels , Lille , CDG airport) and go to the south (Lyon, Montpellier, Marseilles) without going into downtown Paris.

A taxi would cost around 55 or 60 euros. If you are staying in a disney hotel you may want to check with the hotel. I think they have a shuttle that goes into Paris for day trips so I bet you could ride it back out to the park.
MorganB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:53 PM   #7
Krispe
Ahhh... Disney.

We took the train from Paris to DLP. We had 2 suitcases with us, both pretty large. There was barely anyone on the train when we were there so the luggage was no problem.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:22 PM   #8
videogal1
Boogie Queen
Remember to pack the can opener

Took Taxi from Paris hotel to Sequoia at DLP and free DLP shuttle from DLP to airport.
Had lots of luggage and only myself to haul it. Was ok. I was young and foolish then and everything was possible...
Inaugural 10-day Holiday Magic December '04
Inaugural Westward Repositioning cruise May '05
Service Dog Training cruise (HAL) November '04
BWI, BC, AKL, POP, POR, Poly, Sequoia (DLP) between '93 and 2003.
videogal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:33 PM   #9
NJBlackBerry
DIS Veteran

We had a private car service pick us up at CDG and drive us to DLRP. After flying all night, I did not want to even think about a train. Same car took us to Paris 3 days later, and then to the airport when we left. He was superb. Not cheap, but superb.
NJBlackBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
riyad1987
Earning My Ears

Location: Currently Florida, but heading back to Paris in a few weeks time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieYC View Post
DH and I *may* be visiting Paris and DLP this spring (either that or WDW, haven't decided yet). For the first time, we're hoping to spend at least one night at DLP; we've only done day trips before.

Well, for the day trips from Paris to DLP, the RER was perfect- cheap, easy, and fast! But we're realizing that this might not work for this trip, as the RER will probably be difficult when we have our suitcases.

So, how has anyone here gotten from the center of Paris to DLP besides the RER? We probably wouldn't mind another form of train that would have ramps/elevators/escalators/etc to access it, but if a taxi or car service is similar in price, this would probably be more comfortable.

Thanks!
To be perfectly honest, I lived around 10 minutes away from Disneyland Paris, and to get a taxi home just from Chessy Station was horrifically expensive, there are other options for trains from central Paris that would be quieter than the RER A, but it would be complicated ie taking the Transilien from Gare de Lyon to Lagny-Thorigny then getting the Pep's bus 23 to Disney!! If you're taking the RER A, I would go during the day, around 3 pm so you avoid the peak travel times for the local commuters! Do you know roughly where you'd be staying around Disney?
riyad1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #11
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

This thread is from 2004
Im assuming the OP has got there and back by now
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL; Dec 13 - DLP SL, Dec 14 - DLP DLH

A Small World is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: