DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2004, 09:53 PM   #1
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

Check in time and early check in?

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out what time check in is, 3 pm? Can I request early check in? And if I do - what are the odds of getting it?

DH and I arrive at MCO at 9:30 am. By the time we pick up our car and go shopping, I think we will hit SSR around 11:30am. My Dad arrives at MCO at 3pm and we have to go and pick him up. I would like to set up the villa with food and decorations before we have to pick him up.

If I can't get early check in will I be able to store my food (perishable and all) at SSR?

Thanks for the help! I am looking forward to this SO BAD! I am starting to realize how much more planning I have though!

D4D
Ducky4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 09:56 PM   #2
Terry S

DVC Member - BCV
Cinderella's twin sister

Check in is a 4PM. You can not request early check in. It is the luck of the drawl on weather or not you will be able to get in your room early. You can check in early and a room may be available then or they will give you a card to call and see if it becomes available later. The other thing you can do is let them now when you check in that you would like a room that is ready and it does not matter where the room is. (if that is something that is okay with you). You might be able to get a room earlier this way.

You can store your luggage and even perishables when you check in and they will deliver them to your room once you get a room and call down to have your stuff delivered.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2004, 07:10 AM   #3
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

Good to know!

Thanks for the info! Atleast we can store our luggage and food until we get a room. We'll probably get lunch in DTD before we pick up dear old Dad.

The more I think about it the more I am getting the idea that I'm being a bit optimistic about times! Plane lands 9:30 -9:50... deplane and get to bag claim... luggage actually shows up 10:30-ish... get to Alamo for our car around 11:00... go to the store then head to SSR.. arrive there 12:15-12:30 maybe.... get lunch in DTD 1:00... then it's back to the ariport for Dad.

Hmmm... I have less time then I think!
D4D
Ducky4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:38 PM   #4
wintergreen
DIS Veteran

FYI, we were able to get into our room at SSR at 1:00 last Wednesday. This is the first time that this has ever happened for me. You never know!

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."--John Maynard Keynes
"Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right."--Mark Twain
wintergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 07:48 PM   #5
MagikMom
DIS Veteran

Smile

I also got a 1:00 check in at SSR last month. I think it just depends on how busy the resort is at the time. Good Luck and have a great time!

Oct. 2004 SSR
Aug. 2003 BWV
Oct. 2002 All Star Sports/BCV
March 2001 All Star Sports

Me DH DD (20) DS (17)

BLT, 8/12 BWV 9/11, HH 7/10, VWL 12/09, HH 6/08, SSR 8/07, Pop/OKW 4/07, POR 10/06, HH 7/06, All Star Sports/BCV/AKL 6 & 7/05, SSR 10/04, BWV 8/03, All Star Sports/BCV 10/02, All Star Sports 3/01
MagikMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:07 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

We have checked in as early as 8AM and had a room ready for us right away. Then again, we have checked in at 7AM and the room wasn't ready until 4:30PM. Just the luck of the draw.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:15 PM   #7
denecarter
OKW 2003

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S
Check in is a 4PM. You can not request early check in. It is the luck of the drawl on weather or not you will be able to get in your room early.
I'm sorry, I just keep hearing someone walk up to the counter saying "Howdy, darlin'. What's m' chances of gittin' in m' room a little early?"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: