Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2004, 12:14 PM   #1
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Trip Mission: Rekindle Dh's love of Disney! Oct.25-Nov.1

It's hard to believe that we've been back from Florida for almost 2 weeks and I'm just starting my trip report now! The shame!! My excuse, albeit feeble, is that I've had a nasty cold ever since we left the Orlando airport! That's right folks! I'm allergic to coming home!

For the sake of continuity, I'll write my report in one post. The cast of this story consists of 2 young children disguised as adults. The girl, aka me, is self-described as Disney obsessed and can't get enough of the mouse. Well, that's not entire true. Goofy is the one who has really stolen my heart. Sorry Mick! The boy, aka dh, has quite possibly reached his saturation point with respect to Disney! He thinks that going to Disney 25 times is too much. Can you imagine?? I was beginning to think a hospitalization stay was required to bring the Disney magic back into dh (give him an IV of pixie dust perhaps?), but I thought before going to such drastic measures, I would try to make this halloween trip to Disney as magical as possible for him. I'd even throw in a couple days of Universal and a day at Cocoa Beach for good measure. Afterall, the young child in him disguised as an adult was dying to come out. Wasn't it? This trip was going to be different. I can feel it!

Stay tuned for Day One!

Last edited by CJK; 11-13-2004 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:58 PM   #2
CadiesMom
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read more! Thanks for posting!
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'November 26, 2004 1:06:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=lime>Countdown to see Mickey! </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Having A Disney Blast!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2004, 07:04 PM   #3
llij
I love my house
I'm a sucker for shoes
I only lk a little backwards

Can't wait to read more!

Dh Me DD (15) DD (12) DS (5)
Old 11-13-2004, 08:02 PM   #4
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Day One

We decided to stay overnight at a friend's house the night before our flight. They live right by the airport so we figured we'd appreciate the extra sleep. ha! Like we were going to get much sleep regardless of where we were! After staying up too late chatting, we managed to get about 3hrs sleep.

We were up at the crack of dawn. Er, I mean 3hrs before dawn! Dh jokes that I must have "early morning amnesia" when it comes to vacations. I'm usually a grump in the morning until I've had 2 cups of tea (dh would argue I'm irritable until lunchtime but I'm writing this report so say I'm usually as chipper as Mickey is for his infamous wake-up calls! But I digress....). But on vacation, I jump out of bed like a mad woman! We drove to the airport and discovered our flight had been cancelled. What? Surely we must be on candid camera. Don't the men in white suits who run this airport know how desperate I was to get my fill of palm trees, a mission to Mars, a Safari to Africa and pina coladas? Okay, don't panic. I'll develop a game plan. Dh could take gate 1 thru 15 and I'd take gate 16 - 30 and we could tackle people for their tickets. Little kids don't scare me. I could hold them and dh could...... Oh wait. What's that? We've been moved to another flight scheduled to leave 1.5hrs later? Well, okay - that'll do. But just in case, I shared my plan B with dh. He didn't seem to go for it. Spoil sport!

Our flight was a good one. Good breakfast, good Disney movie and before we knew it, we were there! I can't even describe how excited I get as I walk through the Orlando airport. The mini monorail ride to the main terminal is always a highlight. The ride marks the official beginning of our trip! That voice!!! We're here!

We picked up our luggage very quickly and made our way to the National car rental lot. We belong to the National Emerald Club so we were able to go right by the National desk and go right to the lot. I had heard that there were car shortages due to all the hurricanes, so I worried that they'd not have many/any cars in the Emerald Aisle. We arrived and quickly scanned the row. It was empty! Well, waaaaay down the one end was a BLUE PT Cruiser. This was DEFINITEL?Y not an intermediate car (we booked an intermediate car) but we thought we'd just see if we could possibly take it. We walked to the car and threw our suitcases in the trunk and hopped in. Dh was getting excited. He always wanted to try out this car plus he loved the idea of not having a white car to get lost in the sea of white cars in themepark parking lots!!! We drove the car to the exit gate and gave the paperwork and our reservation number to the attendant. We held our breaths. What if she said no? What if she said "no car for you!" and we had to give up this beautiful car? I momentarily considered my airport plan of tackling her, but reconsidered. I didn't think I could take her.

Our fears were unwarranted! She said that as Emerald Club members, we were eligible for any car that was in that row! Woohoo! We got to keep the gangster car! Even though we were told it was okay, I continued to feel rather mischievious all week!! Dh was elated! It seemed that my quest to rekindle dh's love of Disney was off to a very good start!

Our plan for today was to go straight to Cocoa Beach to visit our friends for the day. We had a very smooth drive there. The many billboards along the road are so distracting aren't they?? I was glad I wasn't driving so I could really soak it all in. What a tourist area! Dh grew weary hearing me exclaim "ooh, let's go there" and "we have to go there for dinner". One week simply wasn't long enough to do all that we, I mean I, wanted!

We grabbed a quick lunch at Arby's and changed into shorts and t-shirts. A couple days ago it seemed silly to paint my toenails, but here, it was all worthwhile!!! *sigh* We went to our friends house and grabbed some beach gear and went straight to the beach. I can practically smell, see and taste the beach from here. There's something so wonderfully relaxing and soothing about the ocean. We put out our lawn chairs and got comfortable and soaked in the atmosphere! Our friends told us all about the hurricanes they went through and relayed to us that although it was frightening, it was also heartwarming how so many people pulled together. My heart continues to go out to all those affected. I was happy to hear things were starting to get back to normal, but could still see the damage. As a Canadian, I can only imagine what it must have been like for Florida residents and other people in the Carribean.

After a few hours, we decided to check in to our hotel in Kissimmee. We were all meeting with friends just outside if Tampa for dinner (yes we drove a lot that first day)! Thankfully we had a fun car so dh didn't get too angry! We drove to our hotel with no trouble. We were staying offsite this trip to keep costs down. We stayed at the Quality Inn Maingate which we got through priceline for an incredible price. They initially gave us a smoking room, but switched rooms for us upon our request. The room was basic, but did have what we needed (2 double beds, coffeemaker, iron, ironing board, blowdryer and free continental breakfast).

After a change of clothes, we got back into the car and drove to a Cracker Barrel near Tampa. We miscalculated the distance to the restaurant and ended up being rather late. For what seemed like the 10th time today, I started to panic. Our cell phone doesn't work in the US so we couldn't phone our friends. When we finally arrived, I tore out of the car and found my friends waiting outside the restaurant. I started to apologize profusely and they all laughed and said, "no worries". *sigh* If only I could be more like that!! They say that the Florida lifestyle isn't as hectic as it is back home. Hmmm, I could certainly handle that!....especially in February!

We had a very leisurely dinner full of good food and conversation. We practically closed the place! After a round of hugs, it was time to get back to the hotel. We had a busy day of parkhopping ahead of us so we needed to get sleep. ha! Note from earlier in this report that I don't sleep much when I'm excited! What a great first day we had! Could it get any better! You bet it can!!!!!
Old 11-13-2004, 08:52 PM   #5
mickey0216
My kids and my money go to Penn State (and Walt Disney World)

Thanks for sharing your trials and tribulations!

We are... Penn State!!
Old 11-15-2004, 03:39 PM   #6
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Day Two - Islands of Adventure! Part 1

In an effort to get dh excited about "another trip to Florida", I decided a visit to Islands of Adventure was in order! Neither of us had ever been there before so I figured it was worth a shot. Afterall, what could go wrong, right? I'd soon eat those words.

Our day started off great. We went to our hotel's free continental breakfast. We were expecting watered down juice and stale donuts but were pleasantly surprised. They had cereal, bagels, toast, FRESH donuts and juice, coffee and tea. We sat with a couple from Brazil who were in America hoping to start a business. After an enjoyable breakfast, we made our way to IOA. I read that Universal often opens the parks early, so I wanted to make sure we took advantage of the extra few minutes. Afterall, we're both rollercoaster enthusiasts so I thought any extra time meant more turns on the Hulk! :D

At 8:45am, the park opened and we made a beeline towards the Hulk. I had done my research so I was sooo sure I knew what to expect. Rather quickly we discovered that reading about a ride and experiencing a ride are altogether different. What an INCREDIBLE take-off!! We were in the last row of the ride and it completely took my breath away. It was quite bumpy (perhaps due to us being in the last row?), but an amazing ride nonetheless. We were a little wobbly getting off, but we figured we'd head to the infamous spiderman next. Again - WOW! Now I know what people mean when they say it's indescribable! Dh is a HUGE spiderman fan and he was absolutely mesmerized! He thought the effects were second to none and the thrill factor was terrific. Our day was off to a wonderful start!

But then it happened. Just when I was beginning to feel proud of myself for rekindling dh's love of Florida and all the fun it has to offer........I look over at dh and he is looking positively green.....or is it purple? Oh wait, now he's just plain white. Yikes! This was not part of my plan! Next I asked what any other supportive wife would....."You're not going to be sick are you?" Ah no, dh's changing colour was just reflecting the Florida sun. Very quietly dh said that he'd like to go to the restroom for a moment. Thankfully there was one nearby so we ran, er, walked quickly, towards it.

I think I was still in denial. I figured he'd relieve himself and be back to his old self. When he came out of the restroom, he was still as pale as a ghost. Two thrill rides before 9am had really done him in. Not even dramamine could help him today. He said that he thought he could still walk around, but would need to cool it on the thrill rides for a while. He suggested we catch a show or two instead. It was now that I realized just how sick he was feeling. Then it dawned on me that we were in IOA - home of the thrill rides. The only two shows didn't begin for a few hours yet. Yikes! Don't panic. We need a plan.

After a brief discussion, dh suggested that I go on Dr. Doom since it was on our itinerary (you see, I'm a planning FREAK and had created an itinerary based on months of planning from the DIS - I'm starting therapy next week to combat my planning addiction) and he would lie down on a bench. What a wonderful man! Even though he was ready to lose his breakfast, not to mention our dinner from last night, yet he was worried about MY fun! Is it any wonder I married him! After a hug followed by a moan from dh (sorry hon, I won't hug you so hard next time ), I went on Dr. Doom. What a great view from up there! I looked down trying to find dh and I see him lying full length on one of the benches. I tried to get him to look up by yelling his name and flinging my hands, but no luck. I discover later, that even looking at the ride was making him woozy. Dh needed a break.

Thankfully our itinerary now read that we should switch direction and go the other way to Seuss Landing. Perfect I thought! It gives dh a little time to walk it off and enjoy the scenery. Dh really thought that he just needed a little time on solid ground and then he'd be as good as new. It was here that I made a crucial mistake. I saw the ride, "Cat in the Hat". I remembered reading something about it on the DIS, but I couldn't remember specifics. Hey, it looks similar to Snow White or Peter Pan. How rough could it be? I asked dh if he could handle that sort of ride and he said yes. Snow White is such a gentle ride right? How different could this one be? *gulp*

They should have a warning sign outside that ride saying, "if your husband is as sick as a dog and is trying to walk off his motion sickness, DO NOT ENTER, idiot". Is that too much to ask? *gasp* This ride whips you around in circles and seemed to never end. In fact, the Seuss characters were mocking us! They were laughing at us - even pointing fingers at us. I'm sure I saw a little one turn our car a few extra times too. It was rigged I tell you. Dh was hanging on for dear life and was glaring at me muttering, "it's just like Peter Pan.......right......see if I listen to YOU anymore". Just then, memories of the DIS board flooded my mind and I remembered quotes like "really whips you around" "spin" "makes you dizzy" and the like. How could I have forgotten???? I was consumed with guilt. Now I'd really done it. Will this be grounds for divorce? Will the rest of our day be salvageable? Stay tuned!

Last edited by CJK; 11-15-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:20 PM   #7
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Day Two - Part 2

By now, dh couldn't even walk anymore. I suggested we leave or ask someone where dh could go to lie down, but dh resisted. He just wanted to sit down for a little while and catch his breath. He made no mention of divorce, so I took that as a good sign. After a few minutes, he wanted to walk some more. He suggested I go on some rides while he sat down and waited for me. Who was I to argue? I told myself that as soon as the shows opened, we'd be sure to check those out. The next ride was the Dragon (Fire). What a detailed and long queue! I enjoyed the ride, but confess I was worried about dh. He has always struggled with motion sickness, but I have never seen him this affected by it. I wished there was something I could do for him. I decided to skip Dragon Ice for now in hopes of dh feeling better to join me on it later.

Our next stop was for the Flying Unicorn. As I got into the queue, dh went to look for a bench. The CM at the ride entrance stopped him and insisted that the ride isn't too strenuous! Dh was embarassed! The CM thought dh wasn't going on the ride due to fear! Well, at least he had some colour back on his face.....nevermind it had nothing to do with him feeling better, however! After the Unicorn, dh was starting to feel a bit better. The crowds were absolutely non-existent. We were walking on all rides. It was wonderful! Since we weren't staying onsite, I was worried about lines since we wouldn't have FOTL access. Again, my fear was unwarranted.

Dh decided to try the River Adventure in Jurassic Park. He was feeling a little nauseous, but nothing like he was an hour earlier. We really enjoyed this ride. The dinosaurs were so life-like. Since we had now entered the water portion of the park, dh thought that it may do him some good to get a little wet. He could have suggested we skydive or be shot out of a canon and I would have done it if he thought it would make him feel better. Next stop was Ricksaw falls. What a fun ride!! There's so much to look at that I'm sure we missed some of it. We both got pretty wet, but we were laughing so much we barely noticed. Dh was DEFINITELY feeling better now. Oh lucky day! We're back on track now. Return to original plan of rekindling dh's love of Florida.

I remember reading on the DIS that it's often a good idea to bring a change of clothes for this portion of IOA. But for some unknown ridiculous reason, I rejected this suggestion. Do I enjoy punishment I wonder now? Did I think it was fun walking around a park in wet clothing? Nothing could have prepared me for Popeye's Barge ride. First the good news.......the ride was terrific. It was fun, detailed, and much longer than its counterpart in Animal Kingdom. The people sharing our raft really added to the magic too. Well folks, I got wet. No, I got drenched. Actually - I got downright waterlogged, saturated from head to my tippy toe. I could have won big money had I thought to challeng anyone to find a dry patch on my body! As I squeaked my way off the ride, I heard a little giggle. The giggle turned into a chuckle which was quickly replaced by full-fledged laughter. Yes, dh was DEFINITELY feeling better.

Oh yes, he got wet too, but nothing and I mean nothing like me! Plus, he was smart and wore his bathingsuit which always dries quickly. He doesn't even read the DIS boards yet HE knew enough to wear his bathing suit. It must be a conspiracy. I needed to dry off in the sun for a while so what did we do next? That's right - to inside to the air conditioned Jurassic Park Fossil Centre. Good call. Dh was feeling pretty good now so he suggested we go back to Dragon and ride the Ice side. He thinks he was feeling better simply due to time and walking it off while I continue to argue it was my misfortune that seemed to do the trick for him! Happy I could help.

After riding ICE, dh said he enjoyed it but was done for thrill rides for the day. That was fine by me since we had basically hit them all in IOA! I couldn't believe how quickly we were going through the park. It was time for lunch so we grabbed a bite in the big circus tent in Seuss Landing. I managed to remember that you should definitely flash your AAA/CAA card for a discount. Good deal! If only I had remembered a change of clothes. I'm going to pay for this rubbing tonight. Ow!

By now, Poseidon's Fury had opened so we headed there. I needed some more indoor airconditioning to dry off, as you recall. What an impressive entrance! We enjoyed the show and its special effects but felt the actual show didn't do the grand building justice. Our last attraction we wanted to see was Sinbad and the first show of the day was next. We really enjoyed this one. We laughed and laughed. It was now 1:30pm and we had seen everything we wanted. We couldn't believe it. Had dh been up to it, we may have done Spiderman or the Hulk over again, but we certainly weren't going to chance it! We decided to walk over to Universal Studios.

On the way, I got my beloved dippin' dot ice cream. I just know that I'm their target audience because I like it for the "neat-o" factor. Dh always thinks I'm crazy, but hey, I'm on vacation! Upon entering US, we prepared to walk right past Shrek assuming the line would be horrendous. There was a 5 minute wait! We couldn't believe our luck today! The show was really wonderful. A note of warning for anyone else who suffers from motion sickness.......... beware of Shrek! We didn't realize the seats moved. Dh was again feeling queazy, but felt he was fine to continue. I swear, I'm going to interrogate each CM for every other ride/show we do on this trip!

We decided to do ET next. We have both been to Universal Studios before and felt it was just as we remembered 10yrs ago. Dh was very anxious to give Men In Black a shot so we headed there next. There was a line here, about 25minutes, so we decided to go into the singles line. We got ride on! A high five to the people who decided to have singles lines on rides. What a huge time saver! The ride was terrific! We didn't quite know how the ride worked, but we both managed to do pretty well. We both like Buzz Lightyear in the MK, but boy, MIB blew us away. Such fun!! We decided for a little Earthquake action next. No, get your mind out of the gutter people! We thought we had been on this one before and we were right. The special effects are pretty amazing though so we were glad we went back there.

I remember reading on the Universal DIS board that we really needed to check out the Ghostbusters show. I didn't know what the show was about, but I thought I'd give it a whirl. In a word - WOW!!!! It was absolutely wonderful!! I was grinning so much that my mouth hurt. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, it did. I won't give it away to those who haven't seen the show, but please, give it a try if you like music, dancing and comedy!Might I add that those young men aren't too bad to look at either! I made a mental note to make sure we see them again during the trip.

We wandered around the I Love Lucy Tribute building for a while before going to the Horror Make-Up Show. They had a video of the classic scene where Lucy crushing grapes for wine. I still giggle when i watch that scene! What a talent. The Horror Make-up Show was a wonderful surprise! It was very, very funny. My favourite line of one of the guys was, "This isn't Disneyworld so I don't have to be nice to you"! :D Very funny! By now, dh was starting to look a little pale again so we decided to head out of the park and get some dinner. I couldn't believe how much we managed to get done today anyway considering the illness factor! We grabbed a pizza and brought it back to our hotel. It was a very low-key ending to the day but boy, did it feel good to kick off our shoes (and wet clothes, ahem) and watch a little TV while munching on pizza. Heavenly! We needed to get rested up for tomorrow - a day of Disney parkhopping! Ahhh, vacation! Night everyone.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:50 PM   #8
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

I'm really enjoying your report....and I'm not even going to IOA or Universal! Can't wait to hear about your WDW adventures. Thanks for the entertainment!

Oh, and tell your husband I think he's quite a sport. I think I would've bagged it if I had felt that lousy so early in the day!

Susan
Old 11-15-2004, 08:46 PM   #9
mickey0216
My kids and my money go to Penn State (and Walt Disney World)

I love your report. Your husband is a trooper. I can't get my DW on "thrill rides" when she feels normal...

We are... Penn State!!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:49 AM   #10
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Day Three - MGM, Epcot, MK & Bob Jackson at Port Orleans!
Part 1
I couldn't believe it was our third day in Florida and we had yet to go to Disney. And I call myself Disney obsessed! I'm not sure how we were doing it, but we were managing to get up early every morning despite our lack of sleep these last few days. We must have pressed the "vacation autopilot" button somewhere along the line. Dh felt much better today, but still not 100%. He decided he could handle another day of park touring, but would likely forgo the thrill rides. I don't blame him! As many of you have said, he's quite a trooper! We did not want another repeat of the day before!

After breakfast at the hotel, we made our way to MGM. We were there for the opening. Our tradition has always been to go to RNC and TOT with the herd upon park opening. Wouldn't you assume dh would make a tradition detour here and do something else like window shop? Nope! He figured that since he had been on these rides before, he could handle them again. Maybe the thrill rides from IOA the day before were isolated incidents. Hmmm. We'd soon find out.

The first ride was TOT which was as fun as ever. Maybe it's the music, maybe it's the ambience - but I still get that thrill of foreboding. RNC was next and was lots of fun as usual. But then came the moment of truth... How was dh feeling now?!? Well, he said he felt a little queazy, but manageable so long we keep our feet solidly on the ground for a while. I didn't push it, but I did really wonder why he insisted on going on these rides.......but tiz a a man's prerogative to change his mind, right?

I asked him if he could handle the Great Movie Ride and he loved the idea of a slow moving vehicle. In fact, the slower the better!After reading some of the stars up front, we went inside. We couldn't find the infamous hidden minnie in the first scene of the ride but didn't get a chance to ask a CM to point it out to us. Drat! Now we'll have to go back! We were both really curious to check out the Animation Tour since the many changes had been done. It was cute, but I confess that I missed seeing Robin Williams and the animators hard at work. It was fun seeing the exhibits for the new Incredibles movie however. That movie looks like a good one so we must add it to our "to do" list! Just then, we saw the "Incredibles" characters standing around waiting for pictures! Dh is convinced that Elastigirl winked at him in a not-so-Disney sort of way, but I think he was delusional from the motion sickness!

I wanted to make sure we went on the backlot tour. We hadn't seen it since the neighbourhood had been torn down. It was sad to see! Thankfully we had some distractions and saw the stunt show set and watched them setting up for the Osbourne lights. I'm sure the Stunt Show will be terrific, but I have such a difficult time with change in general. I'd rather they bring back the Hunchback of Notre Dame show. *sigh* But then, music really affects me. My dream job would have been to play Esmeralda in that show. "God help the Outcasts, hungry from birth"... whoops, sorry.... I tend to get carried away like that sometimes. Anyway, dh could sense what I was thinking and suggested I be a test driver in the stunt show instead! Thanks hon!

By now MGM was getting quite crowded. We hadn't run across this big a crowd in quite a while. We decided to check out the Muppets before heading out of the park. We got in just as the show was about to begin. Drat! We missed the pre-show! The theatre was filled to capacity. I couldn't believe it. We've never been there with such a large crowd before. It actually made it more fun! Upon exiting the show, we could barely move! There was a mob of people everywhere. We had originally wanted to stay to watch Four For a Dollar over at Beauty & the Beast, but the show wasn't starting for a couple hours yet and we wanted to get out of the crowd. I was a little disappointed since this was the only day we had to see Four For a Dollar. Thankfully we bought their cd so I can listen to them anytime. Can't beat their live show though! Next time!

We drove to the ticket & transportation centre and took the monorail to Epcot. For months I had been anxious to try Mission: Space. I just couldn't imagine how they make the experience seem so real! Dh was curious to try the ride, but this was before the Hulk and Spiderman rocked dh's world (so to speak!). Naturally, I assumed dh would sit out of this one and would just get a detailed report from me. Wrong! He insisted he wanted to try it at least once. Okay girls - do you have stubborn men in your lives too?? I considered strapping him to a nearby bench but all I had was dental floss and I figured that would hurt more than it would help! I knew that if TOT bothered dh, Mission Space would be downright wicked ! We had a brief, ahem, "discussion", but dh wasn't budging.

There was about a 20 minute wait so we opted for the singles line. I can accept when I've lost a battle! I expected to be nervous, but I didn't expect to be THIS nervous. I had read report after report of people feeling and/or getting sick on this one and I was terrified that both of us would be a lost cause for the rest of the day. I made note of where the closest restroom was and remembered hearing how great Celebration hospital was.... I felt better knowing we had a plan for medical attention should we need it. Ya, we're really on vacation now!

I'm not sure if it was better or worse not riding together. I'm not sure if I could have sat next to him and not looked to make sure he hadn't passed out or worse! Dh got to ride before me. When they took him into the next room, I felt like a mother being separated from a child. I was sooo worried he wouldn't make it or would need me for something. Has this vacation started yet - I wondered?? After what seemed like an eternity, I finally got on. I was riding with a cute young family who had also never ridden before. I quickly reached over and grabbed one of the bags they offered...... The father laughed at me! Listen buddy - you may appreciate my thoughtfulness in a few minutes!

Time for take-off! WOW! What a rush! I *think* I enjoyed the ride. I couldn't stop thinking about dh and whether his motion sickness bag had been utilized. Hmmm. Did he get through relatively unscathed? stay tuned!
Old 11-16-2004, 12:44 PM   #11
rasnlms

Tag Fairies like to add some color to your day!
DIS exchange queen

Great report so far - keep them coming!
Old 11-16-2004, 01:07 PM   #12
llij
I love my house
I'm a sucker for shoes
I only lk a little backwards

Gosh, I hope your husband made it through M:S okay! Great trip report so far. I can't wait to read more!

Dh Me DD (15) DD (12) DS (5)
Old 11-16-2004, 02:29 PM   #13
Carrieberry
Has to post on the right thread to get tagged!
Why can't I live at WDW??

Ahh! Where is the next part! I have to know what happened!!
Old 11-16-2004, 02:45 PM   #14
kathymc
Dances in the kitchen
TR connosseur
Misses puppy breath

oh no - what happened to DH!

thanks for posting - enjoying them so far!
Old 11-16-2004, 03:28 PM   #15
boucheresq
Mouseketeer
Broke her own rule about the Tag Fairy!

I was so glad to hear you didn't ride the Back to the Future ride at US - I LOVED all of the other rides - Hulk, Spidey, Dragons, Etc. but that ride made me sick as a dog. My poor dh had to listen to me bent over on a bench groaning b/c I didn't want to move but I didn't want to leave either. Your dh would have probably died a horrible US death on that ride! CAn't wait to hear the rest - I love your writing!
2001 - Music
2003 - offsite (5th Anniversary!)
January, 2005 - Pop Century
October, 2005 - Boardwalk/AKL - Birthday/Anniversary Week!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: