Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2004, 05:31 PM   #1
Professor Mouse
Registered

Need a recommendation for party of 3

You all seem so friendly here, I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I'd like to plan a trip to Walt Disney World for my new wife and her daughter (age 5) this holiday season. It will just be the three of us. My wife and I went for a very short weekend when we were dating (stayed off-site), so this will be the first time we will be there as a family.

Any suggestions for a resort that would be nice for us? My wife loves Christmas, so some place with good decorations would be nice. I'd also like to treat her to a romantic dinner while we're there. And treat Katie to a good character dinner or breakfast. Any resort will all of those options?
Professor Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 05:44 PM   #2
ptrbryant
DIS Veteran

From everything I've read on these boards, Wilderness Lodge is THE place to stay anytime around Christmas because of the theme and great decorations (along with resort options like a "sleigh ride", etc.). We've stayed at WL 3x, but never at the holidays---which we hope to do someday!
Chef Mickey's is really popular for character meals---both breakfast and dinner. The hottest ticket for character meals is the Princess Breakfast at Cinderella's Castle---but you have to call 90 days out (I believe). Liberty Tree Tavern has a fun character dinner with the characters all dressed up in Colonial costume.
Hope this helps!
Karla B.
May 2005:Saratoga Springs Resort/Port Orleans Riverside
May 2006: AllStar Movies (Love Bug)/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
May 2007: Villas at Wilderness Lodge/Pop Century
December 2008: Wilderness Lodge
September 2009: Port Orleans Riverside

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/vyauc5sff5g051ip.png[/img]
ptrbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2004, 06:51 PM   #3
Professor Mouse
Registered

Thank you for the reply. Yes, my wife and I once had dinner at the Artist Point, so I'm familiar with this resort. And I've heard that the breakfast here is good as well. Maybe I'll be able to find Katie a princess meal somewhere else.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:54 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Are you talking about next month? You may have difficulties getting what you want at this late date.
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 07:05 PM   #5
Professor Mouse
Registered

Yes, I know I'm coming late to the process, but I just found out that my wife will have some unexpected time off and wanted to surprise her with something special.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:49 AM   #6
lunabkat
likes the dark cheese-its
have to get me some of those automatic bedtime kids

3 people

Hi

The Grand Floridian has fine dining and the expensive Victoria and Alberts high class restaurant (may have trouble get a very expensive seat) also they have a cinderella Gala feast for a character dinner youmay be able to still get into. It is supposed to be a lot of fun. But none of this is cheap.

If youcan get reservations at the disney hotels, it is best at this time of year because non-resort people can get shut out of the parks if they are full.

Best of luck!

LL
lunabkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:10 PM   #7
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

How about POFQ?

There might be availability without a discount.

Try doing a search on www.disneyworld.com . CRO told me that the website has different availability than the call center, so try both. I think you'll find something nice even if you build the reservation one or two days at a time and keep calling for more days. People cancel all the time and I am always amazed at how it changes day to day.

If it does not have to be a deluxe, I've read on these boards that Port Orleans French Quarter has very nice decorations. It's a pretty resort, with a boat to downtown Disney and not too large. If you do stay there be sure to request a corner room, garden view.

Do you want a monorail resort? If not, there is an ad for the Swan and Dolphin on the main page pf this site with discount rooms. You can also try the travel agency listed on this site- Dreams Unlimted Travel - seems lots of pople have had good luck with them.

Also, might want to try www.allearsnet.com and the agency listed there or www.tagrel.com - that is another very nice discussion board with a travel sponser folks rave about.

Good luck!! Sure hope it works out - It's such a sweet idea.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 11-12-2004 at 07:33 PM.
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 02:30 PM   #8
Trekker
I've gone to find myself,
if I get back before I return,
make me stay here!

Of course do not forget that these boards are brought to you by Dreams Unlimited Travel who would be thrilled to assist you in planning this get away!

Trekker is Ron from Dreams Unlimited Travel

Questions? Email me at ron@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: