Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #121
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nothing like watching someone pick their nose to give you a big appetite!
jrabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:10 PM   #122
midnitemist
Earning My Ears

In 2001 DCL, we stopped at St Marteen, one of the excursions was going to the beach, part of the beach was attire was optional. I only saw 3 people that went topless, but what made me sick was seeing a very obese man with a thong on. Enough Said.

In 2003 DCL, a couple next to us was having " FUN" left their balcony door open, needless to say we heard things.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'August 2, 2003 5:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>My Western Cruise August 2, 2003 </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'I\\\'m cruisin with Mickey';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
midnitemist is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2005, 06:37 PM   #123
brack
The man who loves all things Disney but really loves Annette 'cause she takes him to Disney
Long time amateur photographer
I never tire of the elevator one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykids
...definitely exciting to say the least. We were awakened on one of our cruises at 2:00 am to the sounds of many feet running on deck 9 (we were in the Walt Suite on deck 8). DH goes out on the balcony to see what the excitement is and saw the smoke billowing off the ship. It wasn't until 4:00 that they finally announced that there was a fire on board, and everyone needed to get to their evacuation stations with lifejackets on....and there we stayed for more than an hour. Not a problem for those whose evac station was the WDT, but for those of us on deck 4 who had to keep inhaling the smoke while standing the whole time, it was less than enjoyable.
We were on that cruise too. Our station was Animator's Palate. I had food poisoning from something I ate on shore. During this event at 4AM I am filling a champaigne bucket at Animator's much to the dismay of everyone else waiting to get back to their rooms. That was pretty shocking even to me!

A day without Mickey is.... what's the point?

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailin' again" Jimmy Buffett
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for He grants sleep to those He loves" Psalm 127:2
brack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:12 PM   #124
ann-e-mator
Pitiful creature of darkness, what kind of life have you known? God give me courage to show you, you are not alone.

The most shocking/funniest things I've ever seen on a cruise were these:

On the first cruise I went on with Disney, every night a group of friends and I would sit on on the 9th deck and just hang out. Well also every night this group of about 5 or 6 Chinese guys would stumble out onto the 9th deck TOTALLY drunk. Well the last night, they stumbled out as usual, only this time they had a recorder (you know... those little plastic flute thingys they make you learn to play in school) It was SOOO FUNNY listening to and watching them!!!

On the second cruise I went on, my two friends and I were in an elevator and one decided to do a "007" barrell roll out of the elevator. He did it, but didn't see the maid vaccuuming right by the stairs. We took a roll right down the stairs and took the vaccuum with him!!! Needless to say the maid didn't have very nice things to say to him. But everyday after that there was a caution sign next to the vaccuum everytime someone was vaccuuming. I had to laugh everytime I saw the caution signs.

Part 2 Photo Album for Senior Year
My New Photo Site for Senior Year
SENIORS '06 BABY!!!!

ann-e-mator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:38 PM   #125
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

My most "shocking" cruise was not on DCL. It was on Viking Serenade, an ancient RCCL ship that they no longer have. We had a set of people at our table that I doubt we'll ever top: A couple in which the husband was literally over 7 feet tall (the poor guy kept banging his head because that ship was TINY) and a set of twin sisters. One was divorced and one was single, and they cruised on that ship about as often as hubby and I cruise Disney. But they had...uh, well let's just say "close" relationships with some of the crew members! Their stories were an utter riot, especially about partying with the crew in Ensanada. The staterooms were like broom closets, and we discovered that it was mostly a local CA crowd on that ship, so people would just prop their stateroom doors open, lie around in their underwear, and yell across the hallways to each other, discussing subjects I did NOT want to hear about from strangers!
On DCL, I have witnessed a nude woman in the Rainforest, and hubby witnessed two nude men (they started out in clothes, walked into the steamroom, and stripped right in front of him). In both cases, we pointed out it was co-ed, and that didn't phase them at all! I'm not offended by nudity, but I am definitely amused by it under those circumstances!
Barb
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:09 PM   #126
Squeakcat
Mouseketeer

It wasn't funny at the time, but now I can laugh at it. During my first cruise ever, a 3-day on the Magic in June of 1999, the rest of the people at my dining table threw a collective hissy fit and demanded to be seated elsewhere before the wait staff had even taken drink orders. The indignant and overly loud calling for the head waiter started as soon as we were seen approaching the table, where the other assigned passengers were already seated. The reason? There was a child in my party. Can you imagine? On a Disney ship yet?

Last edited by Squeakcat; 02-06-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Squeakcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 10:39 PM   #127
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Good grief!!! I Thought that I had heard it all. I certainly hope that you didn't have to sit with those unreasonable babyish adults for the entire cruise.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:15 PM   #128
bbowers
Dog Mommy

It's been long enough for a bump...

CR 4/72, 3/74, 11/76, 12/82, Offsite 8/79, FW 7/76, 5/93, DI 10/96, ASM 11/99, DLand 5/00, DTD Hilton 6/03, VWL/AKL 11/03, OKW 6/04, DCL/HH 09/04, OKW/DCL(2005 Member Cruise)/SSR 09/05, BCV 10/07,BWV 09/08, BWV 09/09,BWV 05/12

bbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 05:27 PM   #129
captchris
Go Yankees!

Thanks for the bump! I spent the last hour reading these funny stories!

LOL

Cruise Vacations--3/2004 7 Day Western RCCL Nordic Empress, 9/2006 7 Day Western DCL Magic, 10/24/2009 7 Day Eastern DCL Magic (B.O.B.)
WDW Vacations--1976, 1979, 1988, 1996, 2001, 2005, 2009 MNSSHP

Now Planning--Fall 2012 Fantasy Cruise
captchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 05:40 PM   #130
captchris
Go Yankees!

When we were on the Nordic Empress we had a rare opportunity for an overnight in Cozumel. The crew were all excited that they could party at Senor Froggs and Carlos and Charlies. Anyway as the crew were getting off the ship, DW and I along with our friends that joined us on the cruise were watching all of this from the promenade deck.

We see and attractive woman talking to the crew members. She reminded me of a groupie. Well all of a sudden a bridge officer comes off the gangplank. She was like flies on poop, she made a beeline to him and talked to him for over an hour! It was funny! She ditched the crew for the officer and was trying very hard for "private tour"

Cruise Vacations--3/2004 7 Day Western RCCL Nordic Empress, 9/2006 7 Day Western DCL Magic, 10/24/2009 7 Day Eastern DCL Magic (B.O.B.)
WDW Vacations--1976, 1979, 1988, 1996, 2001, 2005, 2009 MNSSHP

Now Planning--Fall 2012 Fantasy Cruise
captchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:20 PM   #131
DisneyMom&Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules10
Lady at CC with teeny bikini, who never heard of a bikini trim and was quite furry. Looked like a French Poodle with an eye-patch.
LOL... that made my day envisioning a French Poodle with an eye-patch -- hilarious!!

Disneyland - too many times to count!!
Disneyland - April 2006 - 50th Anniversary!!
DCL Eastern - September 2006
WDW (POR) - September 2007
DCL Eastern - September 2007
WDW (POR or WL??) - August 2012
DCL FANTASY Eastern - August 2012
DisneyMom&Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #132
tezb
There is a special place in heaven for the mother of 3 boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWDennis
Great thread!!! I'm loving every bit of it!!

The worst thing I saw was at Castaway Cay!! My wife and I got off the ship first thing in the morning. We were heading straight to serenity bay. We walked the first part from the ship, but then sat down at the tram station for the ride down the old runway. After a few minutes, a couple of CM's walked up and sat down. We waited and waited, but no tram. Well, after about 10 minutes, one of the CM's stood up, went to a bush, right under the roof where we were sitting, and started urinating in the bushes!! My wife and I just looked at each other, totally shocked! After he was done, he just put it away and sat back down. We were totally disgusted. It almost ruined our day. I am even in construction, so seeing this sort of thing is not uncommon for me. I guess being a Disney employee, I just expected a little more from him. Heck, he had the entire island to use, but he chose to do it right there.

WEIRD!!!!
This is OFF topic...but your experience above reminded me of a recent trip tothe Mall/ Macys...We saw a security guy in full uniform doing the same thing against the building. I was shocked since he was in uniform, on duty and there were restrooms inside the store! I thought about reporting his actions but didn't.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 19, 2003 5:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Countdown to our Disney Cruise (July 19, 2003) </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'We Made It!.';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
tezb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:16 PM   #133
hereigns
Earning My Ears

Bat in the Cave!!!!! That is So funny. Am I the only one that never heard that before? I love it!
hereigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:31 PM   #134
SuzieDizney
Mouseketeer

I love that saying too!! My kids started that in our house after hearing in on "That's so Raven" on the Disney Channel of course!!

SuzieDizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 01:24 AM   #135
barkley
DIS Veteran
If I ever have a garage sale the neighbors will think I have major wine and condiment addictions

not shocking but "different". a group of 4 couples who tended to dress in western attire pulled out all the stops on formal night. they all came in their matching square dance outfits (inlcuding the poofy crinolins under the ladies skirts).

of course i am always shocked (and dismayed ) by the YOUNG girls (6,7,8 year olds) dressed in the most inappropriate manner (they resemble what is known in my neck of the woods as "working girls")-shorts that do not cover their bottoms, small strips of fabric on their chests (resemble nothing more than a head band), little strappy high heels-and MAKEUP. i'm not talking the play stuff-the real mccoy. then on formal night they are in backless (almost frontless) dresses with their hair done to the 9's. the clothing is nothing i could fathom allowing a teenager to wear let alone a little girl.

The REAL Barkley

Wedding Groomsman - 1991
Disneyland - 1992
Maui - 1993

"King of the Closet, Guardian & Protector of Cookies Everywhre"

Does not Cruise due to C.D.P.P.
(Chronic Duck Pirate Phobia)
barkley is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: