Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2004, 12:17 PM   #91
WMILLER86
No tag for me. Troublemakers don't get tags!

Not shocking, but unexpected. On our Thanksgiving cruise, my friend here on the DIS Boards, Doogierunner, took a photo of wife Jackie while we were at Paradise Beach on Cozumel. When we later looked at the photo, the woman behind her was topless. We were there all day, and never even noticed the beautiful, naked woman right by us! I vow to never have so many Coronas again, that I miss out!

Willie

2 Years as a Magic Thanksgiving Turkey! (Yes, THAT BUNCH!)
Drink up me hearties, YO HO!

WMILLER86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #92
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

I thought that I posted this before on this thread...but I don't see it.

You want shocking, I've got shocking.

We came back to the Magic after spending the afternoon at the Atlantis hotel and the weather turned pretty nasty, so we were sitting in Sessions looking out of a porthole and we saw the ship docked next to us get hit by lightning!! Shocking - YES, Scarry - way Yes!!
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2004, 04:25 PM   #93
babysharknc
Earning My Ears

Heinekin Anyone?

While cruising during Thanksgiving on the Magic my DD and I took a walk on ten deck around 9 am. and there were several chase loungers with a towel, carton of milk and a can of Heinekin. I thought that was strange. Did anyone else see that?
babysharknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:31 PM   #94
the5J's
DIS Veteran

Shocking!

We were shocked!
The DIS people of Magic-Turkey Day 04 cruisers were robbed!
We were at Rockin-D bar for the 80's party
Three of us along with 2 others did the Bon Jovi lip sinc contest.
We won the fans over! everybody was clapping and cheering!

The Go-Go's were younger and less experienced.
The Bon-Jovi's lost to them when the Bar played an "applause track"
It was rigged! But we will get them next year, we signed back up to cruise TDay 05, come and join us!
JS
the5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 04:36 PM   #95
russtwinsmom
Mouseketeer

OK, I'll tell this one on me. I spend a lot of time shopping and dressing DD because she spent her first few years in a Russian orphanage.

I had carefully set out matching outfits for DH and DD for a shore excursion. DD was wearing a pair of capris that she had worn another day. As we were walking through the restaurant on board, her panties from the previous wearing fell out of one of the pant legs. She picked them up and started saying at in a very loud voice, "Look Mama! My panties fell off! How can that happen if I have my pants on! Do you want me to try to put them back on? How did this happen? Hey! I thought I had my Cinderella panties on and these have flowers! Wow! It's magic! Is there a Panty Fairy! Look!"

I just sighed, collected her bloomers and moved on. No mother of the year award for me this year.

I am truly sorry to any of you who experienced this and lost a little of your appetites.

RTM
russtwinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #96
WMILLER86
No tag for me. Troublemakers don't get tags!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5J's
We were shocked!
The DIS people of Magic-Turkey Day 04 cruisers were robbed!
We were at Rockin-D bar for the 80's party
Three of us along with 2 others did the Bon Jovi lip sinc contest.
We won the fans over! everybody was clapping and cheering!

The Go-Go's were younger and less experienced.
The Bon-Jovi's lost to them when the Bar played an "applause track"
It was rigged! But we will get them next year, we signed back up to cruise TDay 05, come and join us!
JS
I was a witness to this robbery! When the applause track started, I thought I was at a Texas football game! You need to start auditions for next year.

2 Years as a Magic Thanksgiving Turkey! (Yes, THAT BUNCH!)
Drink up me hearties, YO HO!

WMILLER86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:40 PM   #97
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMILLER86
Not shocking, but unexpected. On our Thanksgiving cruise, my friend here on the DIS Boards, Doogierunner, took a photo of wife Jackie while we were at Paradise Beach on Cozumel. When we later looked at the photo, the woman behind her was topless. We were there all day, and never even noticed the beautiful, naked woman right by us! I vow to never have so many Coronas again, that I miss out!

Willie
Oh sure, tease us and don't post THAT photo!!!!
tvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 04:41 PM   #98
bbowers
Dog Mommy

Bumpity bump in hopes some recent cruisers have stories to share...

CR 4/72, 3/74, 11/76, 12/82, Offsite 8/79, FW 7/76, 5/93, DI 10/96, ASM 11/99, DLand 5/00, DTD Hilton 6/03, VWL/AKL 11/03, OKW 6/04, DCL/HH 09/04, OKW/DCL(2005 Member Cruise)/SSR 09/05, BCV 10/07,BWV 09/08, BWV 09/09,BWV 05/12

bbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:17 PM   #99
jackiejackson
Earning My Ears

Smile

removed

Last edited by jackiejackson; 01-23-2005 at 02:11 AM. Reason: removed
jackiejackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 08:21 PM   #100
izzinmac
DIS Veteran

I forgot all about this incident until this thread popped back up on age one. We were on the Magic 11/27 cruise this year. While docked in St Martin, an older Celebrity cruise ship was docked across the pier from us. Dinner that night was Parrots Cay. We got down there a little early, and were lined up outside the door right near the aft elevator hall. We were looking out the big portholes while waiting, and directly across from us on the other ship was a well lit, curtain open, cabin. We noticed a gentleman in the cabin bent over. As he stood up, it was clear he was pulling on his pants. Just as he finished, out of the door behind him (obviously the stateroom bathroom) came his wife...stark naked. Of course, my wife couldn't just let it be...she had to say in a very loud voice, "She's naked!" Which immediately caught the attention of everyone else in line near us. The lady was apparently unaware of our ship or didn't care, because she paraded back and forth several times without a stitch!!!
izzinmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:09 PM   #101
onthatday
Earning My Ears

I am all for nursing, but this was just creepy. I had a freind that nursed her youngest until he was four. It is unnerving when a kid comes up to mom and says "that one". At that point, it is not about nutrition anymore!!!

When I last cruised on the Magic, I was sitting by the Mickey pool when I saw a lady sitting directly across from me. She was wearing a very skimpy bikini. Her son, who looked to be about 4 or 5 years old, came up to her, pulled her top to the side , and started to breast feed. When he was done, he put it back and jumped back into the water. I couldn't believe my eyes and though they must be European. The child did it a second time. I wanted to see if I could detect an accent and when I passed by her I noticed a distinct southern drawl! That still gives me a chuckle to this day.[/QUOTE]
onthatday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:43 PM   #102
brack
The man who loves all things Disney but really loves Annette 'cause she takes him to Disney
Long time amateur photographer
I never tire of the elevator one

Like IZZINMAC we were beside another ship in dock and there were several men and women who were dressing in their staterooms.

A day without Mickey is.... what's the point?

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailin' again" Jimmy Buffett
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for He grants sleep to those He loves" Psalm 127:2
brack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:42 PM   #103
banderson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack
While I consider the "natural" method of feeding an infant the best for the child ........ right at the coffee station on deck 9, with NO COVER AT ALL, is not the proper place. I was stunned to see 'it".
Great stories here but this one seems out of place, especially for a cruise line that's geared to families, which BTW happen to include kids.

As a mom who breastfed both children for an entire year, I proudly quote my very wise grandfather, "That's what God gave women breasts for. No one makes me hide when I have a cup of tea, why should my grandson have to hide under a blanket when he's hungry." This was the reprimand he gave my uncle (my grandfather's son) when my uncle suggested I might want to feed my son somewhere else in the house during a visit to my grandparents. I was never prouder of my grandfather than at that very moment!

I never aimed to flash while breastfeeding but I never covered up either and made my son "drink in the dark".
banderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:36 PM   #104
minniemouse71
Mouseketeer

izzinmac, we were on that same cruise, standing in that same line
Old 02-03-2005, 01:50 PM   #105
brack
The man who loves all things Disney but really loves Annette 'cause she takes him to Disney
Long time amateur photographer
I never tire of the elevator one

Quote:
Originally Posted by banderson
As a mom who breastfed both children for an entire year, I proudly quote my very wise grandfather, "That's what God gave women breasts for. No one makes me hide when I have a cup of tea, why should my grandson have to hide under a blanket when he's hungry." This was the reprimand he gave my uncle (my grandfather's son) when my uncle suggested I might want to feed my son somewhere else in the house during a visit to my grandparents. I was never prouder of my grandfather than at that very moment!

I never aimed to flash while breastfeeding but I never covered up either and made my son "drink in the dark".
Call me a prude if you will but your examples are not of equal value. Drinking from a tea cup is not the same as a breast. The good Lord also gave me an appendage for a natural function but it would not be appropriate to do this on deck 10 or 4 over the side of the ship for all to see.

A day without Mickey is.... what's the point?

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailin' again" Jimmy Buffett
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for He grants sleep to those He loves" Psalm 127:2
brack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: