Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #871
CRBADGER
Earning My Ears

We were on the Wonder this past October and my daughter and I were in line for the princess meet and greet and this man in line in front of us with his wife and daughter (infant) slumped down against the wall (he was in his 20's) and became very ill all of a sudden. As he tried to get up and walk away to the nearest chair he vomited everywhere! The medical team came and left with him barely conscious and his wife never left the princess line to see about him!
CRBADGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #872
psimon
Will travel for turkey legs!
Welcome to the money pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRBADGER View Post
We were on the Wonder this past October and my daughter and I were in line for the princess meet and greet and this man in line in front of us with his wife and daughter (infant) slumped down against the wall (he was in his 20's) and became very ill all of a sudden. As he tried to get up and walk away to the nearest chair he vomited everywhere! The medical team came and left with him barely conscious and his wife never left the princess line to see about him!
Just WOW!
and (Grandma & Grandpa) 8/15 OKW, 8/14 DCL Fantasy 7N Western and BLT, 8/13 Hawaii/Aulani and DL/VGC, 8/12 DCL Dream 5N / BLT, 8/11 AKL-K, 11/10 AKL-K, 11/09 AKL/BCV, 11/08 OKW, 11/07 OKW, 11/06 OKW, 11/05 DL, 11/04 OKW & DCL 5D Wonder, 11/03 RPH OKW, Dolphin, 11/02 DCL 7D Magic Eastern Caribbean, 11/01 OKW, 11/00 OKW, 11/99 SoG, 11/98 SoG, 11/97 SoG, 11/96 BI, 11/95 WL, 11/94 PO-R, 11/93 YC, 11/92 Poly, 11/91 Poly, 09/90 Poly, 12/89 GF, 08/88 Poly, 11/87 Poly, 11/86 Poly

psimon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #873
funforall
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Love this thread, I've been laughing my way through it!
For us, we were on a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy and a guy has his LITTLE terrier type dog with him throughout the entire cruise and would bring him into the dining room nightly. My parents inquired and they said he was a service dog. Tiniest service dog I'd ever seen (owner didn't appear to have any physical limitations, perhaps mental or cognitive issues??). Was surprised he was permitted to bring the little dog into the dining room nightly. It would sit on his lap as he ate every night. He definitely got a lot of looks during the entire cruise.
Lesley
Maybe he was hearing impaired. Many of the service animals for the hearing impaired are small as they just alert them to sounds
funforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #874
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Time for a bump, any new experiences?
Old 12-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #875
asunutgirl
Mouseketeer

We were on the Dream for Thanksgiving. We walked out of the dining room one night and noticed that someone had used the crayons that they give the kids to write on the tablecloth!
Old 12-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #876
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asunutgirl View Post
We were on the Dream for Thanksgiving. We walked out of the dining room one night and noticed that someone had used the crayons that they give the kids to write on the tablecloth!
Not so surprising. On DCL, I've seen the servers encourage kids to use the crayons to draw on the tablecloths. I believe they are washable crayons.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #877
Little Doe
Earning My Ears

We were on a Panama Canal Disney cruise and we came across the lady with the two bears. We sat at the same table for lunch and the server placed food in front of the bears but did not talk to them. The lady was furious that her "children" were not being talked to. She complained about everything and was very critical to the server. After she left we talked to the server and told him he had done everything he could have done to please her. He stated that even Cast member on all the ships know her as it was her 42 cruise. Later friends of ours ate at Palo and kept seeing the server talking to what looked like an empty chair -- well our friend got up and walked by and there were the two bears eating at Palo.
Little Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #878
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Doe View Post
We were on a Panama Canal Disney cruise and we came across the lady with the two bears. We sat at the same table for lunch and the server placed food in front of the bears but did not talk to them. The lady was furious that her "children" were not being talked to. She complained about everything and was very critical to the server. After she left we talked to the server and told him he had done everything he could have done to please her. He stated that even Cast member on all the ships know her as it was her 42 cruise. Later friends of ours ate at Palo and kept seeing the server talking to what looked like an empty chair -- well our friend got up and walked by and there were the two bears eating at Palo.
I wonder if she paid for them. Do you think they were old enough to be in there? Lol.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #879
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asunutgirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Not so surprising. On DCL, I've seen the servers encourage kids to use the crayons to draw on the tablecloths. I believe they are washable crayons.
Yes, the crayons are washable. Our server wrote on our tablecloth with the crayons and encouraged us to do so, even though no one at our table was under 40.
Maggie'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #880
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Doe View Post
If they tipped me for the bears then I would ask them about their day!

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #881
lorimay
DIS Veteran

On the Fantasy last month having dinner at Palo on pirate night and was surprised to see "pirates" being seated in full costume.
We have had dinner there several times on pirate night this was the first time we saw that.

I was surprised it was allowed.

At the Remy Dessert experience someone in a t-shirt and flip flops was asked to go and change, he should have tried his pirate costume I guess.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #882
tobikaye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
On the Fantasy last month having dinner at Palo on pirate night and was surprised to see "pirates" being seated in full costume.
We have had dinner there several times on pirate night this was the first time we saw that.

I was surprised it was allowed.
After seeing some of the pirate costumes that some people had, I could see that some costumes technically met the requirements for dining at Palo.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Walt Disney
tobikaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #883
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

The woman with the bears reminded me that on the Magic one time, I remember seeing a couple that had a doll, almost like a Cabbage Patch Kid, but not and bigger, that they brought everywhere with them and had little outfits for. It had a stroller and everything. I try not to judge, because honestly, what harm is there in that? And it is none of my business. But, it definitely was different.

I think I already posted here somewhere my DD had a huge Queen Elinor bear from Brave that she brought to dinner a couple of times on one of our cruises. The servers were so great. They made a place for "Her Highness" and brought her a little plate of honey. DD was delighted. So, I'm not anti-stuffed toys at dinner, lol.
sabrecmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #884
AC7179
DIS Veteran

We were on the Wonder on a trip to the Mexican Riviera and stopped for a day in Cabo. We were trying to get to Paradise Beach and someone said just take a water taxi. My husband, myself, and my six year old daughter are in the water taxi, but I hadn't done my research and didn't realize there WAS NO DOCK at the beach. The boats got as close to they could to the beach, then you were supposed to jump off (my leather shoes! My camera!) and walk the rest of the way.

I'm totally not understanding what is going on, when the boat pushes up close (ish) to the beach and our driver picks up my daughter and hands him to a Mexican man standing in waist deep water. Then, the boat floats out with the tide. I'm freaking out and calling for my daughter, who is in the arms of someone she's never met before and doesn't speak English. Our driver looks at me, stone faced, and says, "Calm down, senorita. We go back to the baby."

When we got there my daughter had made friends with a man on the beach sporting a dinosaur like lizard.

As far as contributing to what OTHERS may be posting on here---on that same trip I had not thought much about getting my chunky self back INTO the boat from waist deep water. That's wasn't pretty. Think beached whale.
AC7179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:31 PM   #885
LongingfortheKingdom
Earning My Ears

Last year we spent our final night on the Dream hanging out at the pool. While the kids were swimming I noticed three other children running between the pools and the hot tubs in life vests. One of them would get out often and stand by the pool and shiver. I thought it was odd and I started to look around to see if there was a parent or someone there with him as he was obviously cold and ready to be out of the water. After about 30 minutes I was concerned and walked around (DH was with my kiddos) to look for someone who I thought could be possibly be with the kids. Seeing no one I approached the life guard and explained what I had observed and told him that I thought they may be at the pool alone. The life guard said he would check it out. A few minutes later the life guard found me and told me I was correct. The kids were 4,5 and 9. Their mom brought them to the pool and left them and she went to the evening show. He said rest of the family was resting back in the room. I thought I was going to be sick! You can imagine the what ifs that ran through my mind! The life guard said it was unfortunate but there was nothing he could do about it.
LongingfortheKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: