Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #826
psimon
Will travel for turkey legs!
Welcome to the money pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_op_2000 View Post
Can we get back to the fun topics and get away from the poop discussion?
Thank you!
and (Grandma & Grandpa) 8/14 DCL Fantasy 7N Western and BLT, 8/13 Hawaii/Aulani and DL/VGC, 8/12 DCL Dream 5N / BLT, 8/11 AKL-K, 11/10 AKL-K, 11/09 AKL/BCV, 11/08 OKW, 11/07 OKW, 11/06 OKW, 11/05 DL, 11/04 OKW & DCL, 11/03 RPH OKW, Dolphin, 11/02 DCL 7D EASTERN, 11/01 OKW, 11/00 OKW, 11/99 SoG, 11/98 SoG, 11/97 SoG, 11/96 BI, 11/95 WL, 11/94 PO-R, 11/93 YC, 11/92 Poly, 11/91 Poly, 09/90 Poly, 12/89 GF, 08/88 Poly, 11/87 Poly, 11/86 Poly

psimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #827
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

You are right, we need to wipe away that terrible poop discussion. Lets just flush it down the drain.

I teach middle school, sometimes I forget not every topic of conversation in the world is about farts, crushes, or how One Direction sucks / we love them.
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2014, 05:38 AM   #828
Terapin
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to add that these little exposures to bacteria and germs keep us healthy :-) Your immune system needs to be challenged to stay healthy. Average, everyday exposures are paramount to good health and also introduce good bacteria which we need to fight the baddies. There is good research to show that kids exposed to dirt and animals have lower allergies later on in life.

Anyhow, all to say: don't fear all germs. Fear them in big amounts, and fear the ones that can really make you sick. And wash your hands before eating, and stop touching your face (it's amazing how often in a day one touches their face, and your mouth is a common route for illness).

Back to the topic: the worse thing I have seen on a cruise? Someone missing the boat at port. I really felt for them. The boat pulled away and they didn't make it in time.

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:01 PM   #829
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Time for a bump?
Any new experiences?
Old 05-31-2014, 08:58 PM   #830
wendlle
Mouseketeer

I don't make too many posts but feel that while this thread started off funny it has now turned down right nasty!
People keep saying how they don't want to see "fat and hairy" people but then say that they shouldn't wear T-shirts in the pool either! Maybe they should be banned from cruising so you can feel more comfortable??

I wear a T-shirt because my skin is more pale than anyone else's on the planet I like to call it "see-thru" I burn going to my clothesline. I am however thin. Is this acceptable? I have no idea.

I'm really sick of people saying on one hand that we should all be happy with who we are and then on another saying how they are disgusted by various traits that people have.

Sorry but it just made me a little mad.
2007 - WDW (Pop Century/Animal Kingdom)
2010 - WDW (Pop Century/Wilderness Lodge)
2012 - WDW (Pop Century - Honeymoon )
2013 - Disneyland
2014 (September) - WDW (Port Orleans FQ & 7nt Eastern Caribbean Cruise
wendlle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:35 PM   #831
redwings30
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendlle View Post
I don't make too many posts but feel that while this thread started off funny it has now turned down right nasty! People keep saying how they don't want to see "fat and hairy" people but then say that they shouldn't wear T-shirts in the pool either! Maybe they should be banned from cruising so you can feel more comfortable?? I wear a T-shirt because my skin is more pale than anyone else's on the planet I like to call it "see-thru" I burn going to my clothesline. I am however thin. Is this acceptable? I have no idea. I'm really sick of people saying on one hand that we should all be happy with who we are and then on another saying how they are disgusted by various traits that people have. Sorry but it just made me a little mad.
Agreed!
redwings30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:58 PM   #832
Club Disney Chandler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I don't make too many posts but feel that while this thread started off funny it has now turned down right nasty! People keep saying how they don't want to see "fat and hairy" people but then say that they shouldn't wear T-shirts in the pool either! Maybe they should be banned from cruising so you can feel more comfortable?? I wear a T-shirt because my skin is more pale than anyone else's on the planet I like to call it "see-thru" I burn going to my clothesline. I am however thin. Is this acceptable? I have no idea. I'm really sick of people saying on one hand that we should all be happy with who we are and then on another saying how they are disgusted by various traits that people have. Sorry but it just made me a little mad.
Well said, kudos to you.
DL: Way too many to count
Club Disney Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:22 PM   #833
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't make too many posts but feel that while this thread started off funny it has now turned down right nasty!
People keep saying how they don't want to see "fat and hairy" people but then say that they shouldn't wear T-shirts in the pool either! Maybe they should be banned from cruising so you can feel more comfortable??

I wear a T-shirt because my skin is more pale than anyone else's on the planet I like to call it "see-thru" I burn going to my clothesline. I am however thin. Is this acceptable? I have no idea.

I'm really sick of people saying on one hand that we should all be happy with who we are and then on another saying how they are disgusted by various traits that people have.

Sorry but it just made me a little mad.
From what I can tell, that was just one person. No need to worry.

One of the things I love about Disney Cruises is there are far more people with curves, hair, stretch marks, ECt than by your typical pool.

Wear your shirt (like I do!) and have a great cruise!
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:14 AM   #834
cdnfamily
Earning My Ears

We have been fortunate enough to have been on several DCL cruise over the past few years. It ssems that every cruise we experience something ...

On one trip, We were halted by the Coast Guard when we spotted a makeshift raft with Cuban nationals. Although i am not familiar with marine law i heard that we had to stand watch to ensure they were okay until the coast guard had arrived.

On another, We had to turn around and head back to Key West for a passenger emergency. This put us behind the rest of our trip.

On yet another we had a medical emergency that could not wait, so we had a patient transfer at sea with the US coast guard while at sea.

On our 3 day Bahama cruise, every single day of the cruise the small pool was closed down for a "spoil" in the pool. Thank goodness my kids are older otherwise Imwould have been annoyed.

We got diverted from a mexico port to the bahamas because of the swine flu. Got to bahamas and 8 seconds off the ship, one of the locals offered to "fly us to the moon". Turned around and got right back on the ship !

I am not sure that any of our scheduled cruises has started and finished as scheduled !
cdnfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #835
TAK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnfamily View Post
We got diverted from a mexico port to the bahamas because of the swine flu. Got to bahamas and 8 seconds off the ship, one of the locals offered to "fly us to the moon". Turned around and got right back on the ship ! I am not sure that any of our scheduled cruises has started and finished as scheduled !
I feel like a dork for asking but I have no idea what this means! (Other than, it's a Frank Sinatra song I like, lol)

~~Disney Fantasy January 2014 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean~~ Honeymoon Cruise!
~~Next: Disney Fantasy January 2 - 9, 2016 7-Day Eastern Caribbean!!!~~
TAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #836
Club Disney Chandler
Mouseketeer

I too would like to know what fly us to the moon means.
DL: Way too many to count
Club Disney Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #837
Octoberbride03
I think Tweetie done gone Cuckoo
Been there, done that, married the man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Disney Chandler View Post
I too would like to know what fly us to the moon means.
Yeah, I'm curious to know if he had an actual spacecraft or if the trip was in his his pocket(and I'm guessing the latter)
Old 06-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #838
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

I'm guessing they were offered drugs.

Jill in CO
Old 06-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #839
katiefried
Earning My Ears

On our cruise my mom said she was walking in that hallway on the Dream between Royal Palace and Animators Palate. She saw a dad pushing his son in an umbrella stroller up and down the hallway. The son was clearly older and too big for the stroller (maybe over 7) but she didn't think much of it, figured it belonged to a younger sibling. All of a sudden, as people were starting to exit one of those dining rooms from dinner, a woman approached them and said that was her granddaughter's stroller! The dad said something to her like "My mistake" and they gave her the stroller back. She must have left it outside the dining room during dinner and these people decided to take it for a spin!
katiefried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #840
cdnfamily
Earning My Ears

Yes it was drugs ! And i have to say I was quite suprised as we were with our young children. Not a great first impression .
cdnfamily is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: