Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2014, 11:47 PM   #796
LenaN4fun
WDW Alumni/DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
Wow, I really need to start scoring myself. I get to offend so many of the busy bodies with my cruise behavior. I do things like 1. Tip the porter 2. Leave me room service tray in the hall when I am done 3. Wear a collared short and black jeans to dinner, sometimes even on formal night 3. Bring bottled water on board And the latest way to offend, I often wear a shirt in the pool a. I dont want a sunburn b. I have a hairy back, no one (even me) wants to see that Here are the main shocking things I see on a cruise. 1. People treating the dining staff poorly 2. People pushing their way onto the elevator before I can even get off 3. On the last day, the crew expects me to leave the ship.
Love it!
LenaN4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #797
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Oh, I think I can contribute now!
We went on the Fantasy for Spring Break. My son and I were standing in line to see the princesses, and Aladdin was standing towards the middle of the line before the first princess. My son and I finally made it to him and handed him our autograph book, when an elderly woman came up to Aladdin and shooed my son out of the picture so she could take a picture of Aladdin! I was too flabbergasted to say anything. I looked at the people behind me and in front of me, and they were too stunned to speak also. The lady in front of me finally said that now she had seen everything.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #798
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
Oh, I think I can contribute now!
We went on the Fantasy for Spring Break. My son and I were standing in line to see the princesses, and Aladdin was standing towards the middle of the line before the first princess. My son and I finally made it to him and handed him our autograph book, when an elderly woman came up to Aladdin and shooed my son out of the picture so she could take a picture of Aladdin! I was too flabbergasted to say anything. I looked at the people behind me and in front of me, and they were too stunned to speak also. The lady in front of me finally said that now she had seen everything.
I've had this issue in the past, though only on the final night of the cruise where there are no official photographers- you know when they say "characters will be available for 20 minutes" right before the "See You Real Soon" party....one time I "accidentally" knocked (re: light body check) away one person who attempted to cut the line and another time sternly said in above average tone "no cutting the line"....

sorry- have to treat people the way they treat others...
Old 05-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #799
geoly1
Earning My Ears

I can't think of one thing I have a pet peeve about but have truly enjoyed this thread!
I Don't let my kids run wild
Tip everyone, a lot, all the time 😀
Don't go in the pools or hot tubs... dressed or undressed...
Go early to shows, pirate night & show up on time for dinner ...
Take photos with the characters ...just one ...with the whole family!
Dress appropriately for MDR and palo
We are the perfect Disney family ..lol!
Do we win a free cruise ? Lmfao😊
geoly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:20 AM   #800
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoly1 View Post
I can't think of one thing I have a pet peeve about but have truly enjoyed this thread!
Tip everyone, a lot, all the time ��
Do we win a free cruise ? Lmfao��
I love your take photos, just one, with the whole family!! Someone get geoly1 a free cruise
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 05-07-2014 at 05:26 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #801
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoly1 View Post
Tip everyone, a lot, all the time 😀
Do we win a free cruise ? Lmfao😊
Absolutely PERFECT!

May we clone your family?
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #802
TravelBugg
Earning My Ears

The most shocking and unepected thing we've seen was a girl on the top deck (not the adult area) of the Carnival Freedom wearing a very short flowy skirt and no panties. The wind was blowing very strongly and nothing was left to the imagination.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Carnival Elation-8/7/2005, Carnival Liberty-1/1/2006, Carnival Miracle-12/17/2006, Carnival Freedom-11/15/2009, Disney Fantasy-10/18/2014

TravelBugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #803
jstewartgt
Earning My Ears

On our cruise in March we saw two ladies on the Carnival ship next to us taking nude pictures of each other on the balcony with the Dream as a back drop.

I'm guessing they had been drinking a bit earlier that morning
jstewartgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #804
Bookwood
DIS Veteran

I have to thank everyone on this thread, great reading kept me entertained on what I figured to be a really long school day. (I leave for my Fantasy cruise early tomorrow morning.) This thread got me through to 6th period and I'm not overwraught yet waiting for the day to end.

Pam and DH Mike Wondering our way to Hawaii 10/14/2012

Pam and DH Mike (Retiring) through the Canal again 05/2015
Bookwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #805
snarfieca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneYE View Post
not much else.. e.g: i can pretty much take on all the crazies from the MDR thread...
i don't know why you SYH... you're ok with people going in the pool almost fully dressed with pool shoes? as in, pants, shirts and shoes? i thought in pools you're supposed to go in swimming suits, that's why they were invented...if you're really self conscious or your god is offended if you show some skin, why go to the pool in the first place?
When we were at one of the waterparks; Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon; we saw a lady from one of the Muslim countries where the ladies have to be fully covered except her eyes. She was wearing a full body suit; like a jumpsuit; and her head and most of her face were covered. She looked like she was having fun.

Brenda
from MB
snarfieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #806
BrookeMQ
Mouseketeer

On our second cruise we had a stop in St. Maarten. We were walking along the beach that was close to the ships. We wanted a nice picture of us with that blue water.

There was a couple who we ran into that said they were on their honeymoon. They eventually go in the water and were kissing with the girl sitting in the guys lap. It then progressed to much more than that. Maybe they conceived a honeymoon baby?! My husband and I just kept walking, not that they cared about privacy
BrookeMQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #807
snarfieca
Mouseketeer

Finally finished reading this. People saw very interesting things.

We've had 5 cruises on the Wonder and I guess judging by what others saw; quite boring. (thankfully)

I'd have to say my contribution is:
On our last cruise, we were a couple of tables away from a family with a number of well mannered children. Then I saw they were all watching cartoons on Ipads.

I guess we went to too many movies. I'll keep my eyes open on our next cruise in Dec.

Brenda
from MB
snarfieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #808
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

I really haven't seen anything shocking on our cruises.

Clothes in the Pool...........I would much rather see a kid with a t-shirt on in the pool than see the same kid with a horrible sun burn. I'm a natural blonde, DH is a red-head. We burn. We wear a t-shirt over our swim suits. Besides, there's enough chlorine in those pools to kill most anything that might be on my clothing.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #809
magickid
Earning My Ears

This has to be one of the best threads around! I can't stop laughing
magickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #810
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Rash guard shirts are designed for swimming. Surfers wear them. I see nothing wrong with wearing them in a pool. It's easier and probably healthier than reapplying sunscreen all day long. Sunscreen has a lot of chemicals in it that may or may not be harmful. I do know sunburns are not fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: