Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 05:15 PM   #751
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaMouseketeers View Post
No, and it's all my wife's fault!!!

On our very first (1999) Disney cruise on the Wonder, well after we disembarked at Nassau, Bahama. My wife told me about the couple standing on their verandah completely naked. I asked why she didn't say anything while we were walking up the pier she said, 'I wasn't going to say anything and point out where they were standing'.
That's funny, and kind of wierd.

Our first cruise, waiting to sign in at the lobby of the Hyatt to take the DCL bus to the port, a couple in front of us started fighting. She was just yelling at him. He forgot some paperwork. It was so uncomfortable. I felt so bad for him, he was so embarrassed. Then we saw him all around the ship. Of course, once on the ship, he looked much happier.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #752
Tomlyger
Mouseketeer

People Watching Bingo

Just read the Full Board... Wow Just awesome... On my People Watching Bingo Card for or Fantasy Excursion in May We Have

Thong Bikini (Free Space)
Old Man Speedo
Rude / Entitled guest
Bad Parenting
Drunken Outburst
Topless on Ship
Topless on CC
Oblivious People on ship we are parked next to
Clueless Parents about the meaning of Adults only
What Else should i add or elaborate on?
Tomlyger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #753
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomlyger View Post
Just read the Full Board... Wow Just awesome... On my People Watching Bingo Card for or Fantasy Excursion in May We Have

Old Man Speedo
Rude / Entitled guest
Bad Parenting
Drunken Outburst
Topless on Ship
Topless on CC
"Saved" chairs on deck that sit empty for more than an hour
Children with swim diapers in the pools
Children "swimming" and "diving underwater" in hot tubs
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #754
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Old Man Speedo
Rude / Entitled guest
Bad Parenting
Drunken Outburst
Topless on Ship
Topless on CC
Large family groups that travel together and have cabins all over the ship and put all the teenage boy cousins in one stateroom far away from the rest of the family. Wouldn't be a big deal, but apparently these boys had never been taught common courtesy and respect. They hung out in the room all day, were loud at night ordered room service non-stop and were rude to both the room service people and our room steward on repeated occasions that I witnessed. They tried to make their lives hard and thought it was funny. I felt so bad for the CMs that had to deal with them. And walking by their cabin when they opened the door, smelled soooooooo bad!
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)
Heading back to Disneyland December 12-16th!!! Taking my nieces on their first trip to DL!!!

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #755
Tomlyger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
Large family groups that travel together and have cabins all over the ship and put all the teenage boy cousins in one stateroom far away from the rest of the family. Wouldn't be a big deal, but apparently these boys had never been taught common courtesy and respect. They hung out in the room all day, were loud at night ordered room service non-stop and were rude to both the room service people and our room steward on repeated occasions that I witnessed. They tried to make their lives hard and thought it was funny. I felt so bad for the CMs that had to deal with them. And walking by their cabin when they opened the door, smelled soooooooo bad!
That's just beyond rude.... poor room service probably didn't even get tipped
Tomlyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #756
DisneYE
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Old Man Speedo
Rude / Entitled guest
Bad Parenting
Drunken Outburst
Topless on Ship
Topless on CC
Give me the topless and the old man speedos any day over the people who get into the pools dressed with shirts and "pool shoes"...huge pet peeve...going in the pool? sorry no shirt and no shoes...I'm sorry if you're too big or your religion forbids displaying body parts. i don't want to swim with the germs from your shoes or your dirty shirts ..
Old 04-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #757
reimero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneYE View Post
Give me the topless and the old man speedos any day over the people who get into the pools dressed with shirts and "pool shoes"...huge pet peeve...going in the pool? sorry no shirt and no shoes...I'm sorry if you're too big or your religion forbids displaying body parts. i don't want to swim with the germs from your shoes or your dirty shirts ..
I wear shirts in the pool. I don't particularly want to, but I'm one of those unlucky souls for whom sunscreen only goes so far and is at high risk for melanoma. Sorry to offend your sensibilities, but a few of us don't have many other options.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #758
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

The germs on someone's shoes or shirt is the least of my worries in the pool!

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #759
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

yes..women, usually from South America, wearing thong bathing suits when they really should not be wearing thong bathing suits (you fill in the blanks)...i usually say to myself "i'm shocked she's wearing that"....

i'd post a picture but its dinner time in most parts of America....
Old 04-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #760
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin'goose View Post
On a Disney booked excursion ( I know DCL doesn't have all control but some discretion re who they use would be nice) we encountered a little more island experience than I would have liked.
The crew on the catamaran announced we were on an island that didn't require clothing and if anyone would like they were more than welcome to remove some. A group of 3 or 4 women decided they would rather sunbath without, and proceded to remove tops. not an experience I needed with my 10 & 12 yr olds observing. (I didn't wait to see if they removed any more, we changed seats.)
i'm sure they'll never forget this....where are all these half naked women when i cruise???
Old 04-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #761
VeroBeachGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm sorry if you're too big or your religion forbids displaying body parts.
Wow….just wow.
VeroBeachGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #762
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
why- peoples bare feet are that much cleaner???
Old 04-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #763
mypixiedust
Earning My Ears

I love this!!!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #764
Made Up Name
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You probably don't want to swim in people's pee either, but you will.
Made Up Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #765
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry to offend you but I will always wear my rash guard in the pool because sunscreen really doesn't work for me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: