Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #646
princesscate
Mouseketeer
 
princesscate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
I do! But one stipulation, it's ketchup and tabasco sauce to be placed with the eggs AND on the hash browns/fried potatoes.
Yum!!
__________________
Me DH DD (9)
princesscate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #647
lady9
DIS Veteran
 
lady9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 523

One thing that totally shocked us was one night at dinner, the 2 families sitting near us came in, plopped their 6 children (guessing ages were 3-7) down at the table, told the servers they were heading to Palo for dinner, and LEFT!! The servers were amazing with the kids and entertained them (even took a few of them to the restroom). I know it's Disney, but still, I wouldn't have done it with kids that young, just my opinion. But I will say, those kids were fairly well behaved. Although one of the servers spent quite a bit of time babysitting the kids which took away from his other tables. I'm not saying the kids didn't deserve to eat but there are other options on the ship if you want to enjoy an adults dinner. Then the kids could have gone to the club while the adults enjoyed dinner. Our children loved the main dining rooms so we ate at Palo at a time different from our dinner seating. Then we took the kids to dinner in the main dining room and just enjoyed a drink while they ate.
lady9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #648
Tower
DIS Veteran
 
Tower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,575

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady9 View Post
Our children loved the main dining rooms so we ate at Palo at a time different from our dinner seating. Then we took the kids to dinner in the main dining room and just enjoyed a drink while they ate.
We were fortunate on our 2 cruises, my mom was along for the first so the night Palo came for us, she was happy to take them along with her.
Our 2nd cruise we only did the brunch. The kids were still in their respective camps and were no wiser to our absence. We just didn't eat as large at the dinner table that night.
I too would never press our kids on the wait staff. That's not their job! If you can't be with your kids at dinner, get them set up in the clubs or take them to Topsiders before you go out on your own.
__________________

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #649
Purdue Mouse
Mouseketeer
 
Purdue Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 346

THE BEST GROUP PHOTO EVER

A few years ago, my husband and I went on a Royal Caribbean reunion cruise with 10 couples for my husband's fraternity. We were in the atrium by the grand staircase waiting for the photographer to take a group photo on formal night. Apparently we were taking too long and a group of four Scottish rugby players in full kilts were starting to get impatient. Our group started bantering back and forth with them in fun. For our last photo, the photographer was trying to get the group to smile in unison. He counted "one....two...." and then on "three" the rugby players all turned an mooned us. The look on our faces in the photograph is priceless! No more guess work of what they wear under those kilts! They continued their colorful antics throughout the whole cruise: bellyflop contest, sexy legs contest, karaoke, and unfortunately upset one groom who didn't like them hitting on his bride in the bar. We had an memorable and fun cruise :-)
__________________
(Me) (DH) : DD(13) (DD24)


Wonder Alaska 7/23/2012
Dream 2/10/2011
Pop Century 12/27/03
Royal Carribean 2002 Phi Kappa Theta Reunion Cruise.
WDW Boardwalk Inn 10/16/01
Purdue Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #650
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Mouse View Post
THE BEST GROUP PHOTO EVER

A few years ago, my husband and I went on a Royal Caribbean reunion cruise with 10 couples for my husband's fraternity. We were in the atrium by the grand staircase waiting for the photographer to take a group photo on formal night. Apparently we were taking too long and a group of four Scottish rugby players in full kilts were starting to get impatient. Our group started bantering back and forth with them in fun. For our last photo, the photographer was trying to get the group to smile in unison. He counted "one....two...." and then on "three" the rugby players all turned an mooned us. The look on our faces in the photograph is priceless! No more guess work of what they wear under those kilts! They continued their colorful antics throughout the whole cruise: bellyflop contest, sexy legs contest, karaoke, and unfortunately upset one groom who didn't like them hitting on his bride in the bar. We had an memorable and fun cruise :-)
I am

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #651
MassDisLovers
A dream is a wish your heart makes....
 
MassDisLovers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 1,193

Something wonderfully unexpected in February of 2010- the Wonder and the Magic both leaving PC on the same day (our cruise on the Magic was delayed one day due to a storm and left on Sunday instead of Saturday). They had dueling horns as both ships sailed away. It was amazing - both captains made announcements about how rare it is for the ships to be in the same place at the same time, flashes were going off all over the place and, I admit, I was a little teary-eyed. It was a fabulous beginning after a delayed and somewhat stressful start to the cruise , and set the tone for one of the best Disney cruises ever!
__________________
Carnival Fantasy 8/1992- the "Hurricane Andrew cruise"! ** Disney Magic 2/2002- Eastern ** Disney Magic 4/2004 - Western ** RCI Mariner of the Seas 4/2005 ** Carnival Celebration 8/2005 ** Carnival Liberty 4/2006 * Disney Magic 12/2006 - special Christmas cruise ** RCI Adventure of the Seas 4/2007 ** Disney Magic 4/2008 - Western ** Disney Magic 2/2010 - Eastern **RCI Monarch of the Seas 1/2011 ** Disney Wonder 8/9/11 - Alaska ** RCI Freedom of the Seas 3/2013 ** Disney Wonder 5/2014- California Coast **Disney's Magic Music Days 1999, 2003, & 2007 **Disneyland 1993, 2006, 2007 & 2010 *** Walt Disney World - too many trips to count !***
DVC members since 1992~ OKW & BDWK
MassDisLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #652
Asnell
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassDisLovers View Post
Something wonderfully unexpected in February of 2010- the Wonder and the Magic both leaving PC on the same day (our cruise on the Magic was delayed one day due to a storm and left on Sunday instead of Saturday). They had dueling horns as both ships sailed away.
We had something similar last week on our Alaska cruise. As the Wonder was pulling out from Ketchikan, the captain played dueling ships' horns with the Norwegian Sun, docked behind us. It really made me smile.
Asnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #653
Tigger1313
Mouseketeer
 
Tigger1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassDisLovers View Post
Something wonderfully unexpected in February of 2010- the Wonder and the Magic both leaving PC on the same day (our cruise on the Magic was delayed one day due to a storm and left on Sunday instead of Saturday). They had dueling horns as both ships sailed away. It was amazing - both captains made announcements about how rare it is for the ships to be in the same place at the same time, flashes were going off all over the place and, I admit, I was a little teary-eyed. It was a fabulous beginning after a delayed and somewhat stressful start to the cruise , and set the tone for one of the best Disney cruises ever!
We were on the Wonder that day and you are right it was amazing.
__________________
Cathy

DCL 1/14 BLT 1/14
DCL 7/14
AKL & BLT 7/14
AKL 10/14
DCL 2/15
Tigger1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:20 AM   #654
Meghatron
DIS Veteran
 
Meghatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassDisLovers View Post
Something wonderfully unexpected in February of 2010- the Wonder and the Magic both leaving PC on the same day (our cruise on the Magic was delayed one day due to a storm and left on Sunday instead of Saturday). They had dueling horns as both ships sailed away. It was amazing - both captains made announcements about how rare it is for the ships to be in the same place at the same time, flashes were going off all over the place and, I admit, I was a little teary-eyed. It was a fabulous beginning after a delayed and somewhat stressful start to the cruise , and set the tone for one of the best Disney cruises ever!
During our stop at Castaway Cay on the WBPC this year the Dream did a sail-by to say farewell to the Wonder for the summer. It was pretty awesome to see the two ships from shore.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DD (5) DS (2)
Disneyland Annual Passholder; eloped in Snow White's Grotto
Castaway Club Gold; miss having DCL in our backyard!
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #655
MelSpees
Mouseketeer
 
MelSpees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassDisLovers
Something wonderfully unexpected in February of 2010- the Wonder and the Magic both leaving PC on the same day (our cruise on the Magic was delayed one day due to a storm and left on Sunday instead of Saturday). They had dueling horns as both ships sailed away. It was amazing - both captains made announcements about how rare it is for the ships to be in the same place at the same time, flashes were going off all over the place and, I admit, I was a little teary-eyed. It was a fabulous beginning after a delayed and somewhat stressful start to the cruise , and set the tone for one of the best Disney cruises ever!
How awesome!
Any new shocking things? We haven't gone on our cruise yet, so I have no stories yet.
__________________

DW Author DH Retired USN Officer and Teacher 1st time DCL Cruisers
MelSpees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #656
Alexander
DIS Veteran
 
Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,798

April 2012 we sailed the Magic out of PC the day before the Fantasy's inaugural sailing. The Fantasy was docked a little further down the channel as we set sail. We had an awesome horn battle, which we sadly lost to the Fantasy's multiple tunes! The whole Fantasy crew was on deck waving to us. I smile every time I watch the video I made. We also saw the Fantasy two more times that week as we were in the same ports on the same days. No big horn battles though, likely out of respect for the islands.
__________________
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #657
my2boys2disney
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 94

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady9 View Post
One thing that totally shocked us was one night at dinner, the 2 families sitting near us came in, plopped their 6 children (guessing ages were 3-7) down at the table, told the servers they were heading to Palo for dinner, and LEFT!! The servers were amazing with the kids and entertained them (even took a few of them to the restroom). I know it's Disney, but still, I wouldn't have done it with kids that young, just my opinion. But I will say, those kids were fairly well behaved. Although one of the servers spent quite a bit of time babysitting the kids which took away from his other tables. I'm not saying the kids didn't deserve to eat but there are other options on the ship if you want to enjoy an adults dinner. Then the kids could have gone to the club while the adults enjoyed dinner. Our children loved the main dining rooms so we ate at Palo at a time different from our dinner seating. Then we took the kids to dinner in the main dining room and just enjoyed a drink while they ate.
Who does that?!
__________________


my2boys2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:47 AM   #658
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Mouse View Post
THE BEST GROUP PHOTO EVER

A few years ago, my husband and I went on a Royal Caribbean reunion cruise with 10 couples for my husband's fraternity. We were in the atrium by the grand staircase waiting for the photographer to take a group photo on formal night. Apparently we were taking too long and a group of four Scottish rugby players in full kilts were starting to get impatient. Our group started bantering back and forth with them in fun. For our last photo, the photographer was trying to get the group to smile in unison. He counted "one....two...." and then on "three" the rugby players all turned an mooned us. The look on our faces in the photograph is priceless! No more guess work of what they wear under those kilts! They continued their colorful antics throughout the whole cruise: bellyflop contest, sexy legs contest, karaoke, and unfortunately upset one groom who didn't like them hitting on his bride in the bar. We had an memorable and fun cruise :-)

__________________


Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:08 AM   #659
postalchick71
Mouseketeer
 
postalchick71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
April 2012 we sailed the Magic out of PC the day before the Fantasy's inaugural sailing. The Fantasy was docked a little further down the channel as we set sail. We had an awesome horn battle, which we sadly lost to the Fantasy's multiple tunes! The whole Fantasy crew was on deck waving to us. I smile every time I watch the video I made. We also saw the Fantasy two more times that week as we were in the same ports on the same days. No big horn battles though, likely out of respect for the islands.
I was on that cruise as well. It was amazing!
__________________
2003-4 Night Wonder
2004-7 Night Magic
2005-7 Night Magic
2011-7 Night Magic(Western)
2012-7 Night Magic(Western)
2013-March 24 Dream
2014-April 12 Fantasy
postalchick71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #660
vcunning
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
I too would never press our kids on the wait staff. That's not their job! If you can't be with your kids at dinner, get them set up in the clubs or take them to Topsiders before you go out on your own.
Me either. We scheduled Palo dinner late and sat with the kids (6, 13, 13 and 15) at the early seating. However, we did receive a call that morning from the head server. He said we notice you have Palo scheduled and we'd be happy to take care of your kids throughout dinner. We declined, but thought it was a very nice gesture.

Plus, it was the only time we'd really get to see our kids. They were too busy in the clubs and with their new found friends.
vcunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: