Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #601
srferson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
This happened to my parents...on an NCL Alaska cruise. A group of about 10 were going on a day trip and insisted that the chef got up early to prepare them all a cooked breakfast as they did not accept that at this early time there would only be cold buffet and serve yourself toast , waffles etc available. My parents were very shocked that the chef did get up ( they were on the same day trip and just had the cold buffet ) and made them all the full cooked breakfast offerings. None of the group turned up to breakfast ( my parents were at the next table at dinner so heard the argument and the chef giving in ) and the poor chef was very confused. When my parents saw the group ( from a certain country but I won't name and shame lol ) on the day trip they asked where they were at breakfast and they said 'they had no intention of going to breakfast but they have paid for it and it's the principle......

Omg...my parents were so shocked. This wasn't the only thing they demanded throughout the cruise. At the end of it they announced they didn't believe in tipping...
Ok. That one actually made me gasp out loud. That's horrible.

The funny thing is, even if I were the type of person to show such disrespect to another, there would still be flags going off in my head reminding me that pissing off the person who handles your food is probably not wise.

srferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #602
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Lets hope they get the "Please Don't Cruise With Us Again" memo cruise lines rarely give out...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #603
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids
Lets hope they get the "Please Don't Cruise With Us Again" memo cruise lines rarely give out...
Does that really happen? I mean, I know facilities reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. I guess I just never thought someone could behave despicably enough to actually get thrown off. I know Disney "bans" for life, but they don't prevent your reentry. The ban just allows them to prosecute you for trespassing if you're caught on property misbehaving in the future.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #604
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Somebody posted something about someone they knew being informed they would not be accepted back on their cruise line. Can't remember if it was this board or cruise critic or which line in particular, but it was QUITE a surprise to me because I had not heard of it.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
Old 06-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #605
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids
Somebody posted something about someone they knew being informed they would not be accepted back on their cruise line. Can't remember if it was this board or cruise critic or which line in particular, but it was QUITE a surprise to me because I had not heard of it.
Wow! That would suck. How badly do you have to behave for that to happen...
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #606
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansamy View Post

Wow! That would suck. How badly do you have to behave for that to happen...
I think the party of 10 should of got it for sure! That is one great memo. Somebody should scan one in for us to see! Imagine it's worth on ebay lol..
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #607
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think the party of 10 should of got it for sure! That is one great memo. Somebody should scan one in for us to see! Imagine it's worth on ebay lol..
I don't know if it's really a real life "memo" per say. (sp?)

But that's what I meant about those 10. To inconvenience someone so terribly with no intention of following through is crap to the bones...
Old 06-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #608
gumbypee
DIS Veteran

Per se

And I like "crap to the bones"!!! Lol
gumbypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #609
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke
This happened to my parents...on an NCL Alaska cruise. A group of about 10 were going on a day trip and insisted that the chef got up early to prepare them all a cooked breakfast as they did not accept that at this early time there would only be cold buffet and serve yourself toast , waffles etc available. My parents were very shocked that the chef did get up ( they were on the same day trip and just had the cold buffet ) and made them all the full cooked breakfast offerings. None of the group turned up to breakfast ( my parents were at the next table at dinner so heard the argument and the chef giving in ) and the poor chef was very confused. When my parents saw the group ( from a certain country but I won't name and shame lol ) on the day trip they asked where they were at breakfast and they said 'they had no intention of going to breakfast but they have paid for it and it's the principle......

Omg...my parents were so shocked. This wasn't the only thing they demanded throughout the cruise. At the end of it they announced they didn't believe in tipping...
That's awful!!! What rude people!!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #610
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:

Based on my experiences working in Times Square, I could venture a pretty good guess as to what country they were from...

Unbelievable that some people think it's acceptable to treat people in the service industry like poop.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #611
psimon
Will travel for turkey legs!
Welcome to the money pit

Quote:

I have to ask....

Were these folks from that same unnamed country south of the US (actually on the WDW board they are named) that thinks standing in line isn't for them, or that screaming everywhere they go is also OK?

---Paul in Southern NJ
and (Grandma & Grandpa) 8/15 OKW, 8/14 DCL Fantasy 7N Western and BLT, 8/13 Hawaii/Aulani and DL/VGC, 8/12 DCL Dream 5N / BLT, 8/11 AKL-K, 11/10 AKL-K, 11/09 AKL/BCV, 11/08 OKW, 11/07 OKW, 11/06 OKW, 11/05 DL, 11/04 OKW & DCL 5D Wonder, 11/03 RPH OKW, Dolphin, 11/02 DCL 7D Magic Eastern Caribbean, 11/01 OKW, 11/00 OKW, 11/99 SoG, 11/98 SoG, 11/97 SoG, 11/96 BI, 11/95 WL, 11/94 PO-R, 11/93 YC, 11/92 Poly, 11/91 Poly, 09/90 Poly, 12/89 GF, 08/88 Poly, 11/87 Poly, 11/86 Poly

psimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #612
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psimon View Post

I have to ask....

Were these folks from that same unnamed country south of the US (actually on the WDW board they are named) that thinks standing in line isn't for them, or that screaming everywhere they go is also OK?

---Paul in Southern NJ
That is my guess also.

Apparently in their culture, people in service positions "cannot get anything better" and therefore many (I will give them the benefit of the doubt and choose to believe there are some without this mentality) feel it is ok to be rude to anyone working in the service industry.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #613
Tehanna
It's FISH EXTENDER, not Fish Exchange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post
That is my guess also.

Apparently in their culture, people in service positions "cannot get anything better" and therefore many (I will give them the benefit of the doubt and choose to believe there are some without this mentality) feel it is ok to be rude to anyone working in the service industry.
Weird, here I thought it had to be the cast of "Real Housewives" on the cruise in question...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Tehanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #614
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehanna View Post
Weird, here I thought it had to be the cast of "Real Housewives" on the cruise in question...
I was thinking the Kartrashians.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:09 AM   #615
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psimon View Post

I have to ask....

---Paul in Southern NJ
The geography is correct....
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: