Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #571
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE="ruadisneyfan2;48553981"]

Yes, it's one thing to have a doll collection but to buy & pack all of that real infant stuff takes it above & beyond that "just for fun" level. Real binkies, real toys, real clothes, shampoo, etc. Really, that's all so time consuming. Plus all of the continuous pretending. It gets weird.

She says she took them to the "day care nursery". I wonder what the CMs there thought.

I'm sad for her mother. If that were my grown daughter I'd be crying for her. Not to mention wasting my cruise time to hold a doll & discuss it endlessly on video. I guess she's not married but seriously, what man would put up with all that & still find her attractive (not talking physically). I wonder what a psychologist would think of this.

I watched another video she made where she said all of her other babies and HER MOM'S babies were staying at home with "Grandma" this trip and only the twins were going. Sounds like mom does this too!!
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #572
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Oops my response is the last paragraph above!
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #573
Disney Canadian
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinder" Ella's Mom;48563384][QUOTE="ruadisneyfan2 View Post

Yes, it's one thing to have a doll collection but to buy & pack all of that real infant stuff takes it above & beyond that "just for fun" level. Real binkies, real toys, real clothes, shampoo, etc. Really, that's all so time consuming. Plus all of the continuous pretending. It gets weird.

She says she took them to the "day care nursery". I wonder what the CMs there thought.

I'm sad for her mother. If that were my grown daughter I'd be crying for her. Not to mention wasting my cruise time to hold a doll & discuss it endlessly on video. I guess she's not married but seriously, what man would put up with all that & still find her attractive (not talking physically). I wonder what a psychologist would think of this.

I watched another video she made where she said all of her other babies and HER MOM'S babies were staying at home with "Grandma" this trip and only the twins were going. Sounds like mom does this too!!
Her mother has her own "babies." All of the others were left at "great grandma's." The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
January 2013: Port Orleans - French Quarter
Sept/Oct 2013: AOA-Little Mermaid/Western Caribbean Cruise - Fantasy
February 2014: Pop Century/4 Night to the Bahamas on the Reimagined Magic!

November 2014: Caribbean Beach for DD's 5th Birthday
October 2015: Eastern Caribbean - Fantasy

Disney Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #574
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post

I'm of the opinion that this girl is a few cards short of a full deck.
Not quite sure why anyone would want to drag all that baby gear on a cruise for a couple of DOLLS.

And I have to wonder if she paid the stateroom host tips for the babies, since he/she had to make out the bed for the dolls/babies.

And why would a young woman this age rather be in her room at night, feeding and putting dolls to bed, than be out in the clubs having fun???

I wouldn't even have wanted to take one of my own kids on a cruise when they were babies....total waste of money TO ME (so don't flame me) and a waste of time having to be in the room with them so much.
Disturbing. I thought I spotted an engagement ensemble on her hand during video two. I was surprised to see the mom playing along. My goodness.... I'm not sure what to think. (I did also notice the bracelet on the baby's wrist which would be a choking hazard.)
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:08 AM   #575
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post

Disturbing. I thought I spotted an engagement ensemble on her hand during video two. I was surprised to see the mom playing along. My goodness.... I'm not sure what to think. (I did also notice the bracelet on the baby's wrist which would be a choking hazard.)
Where does one even go about purchasing such an item and why do they make them? My mind is doing over time. I think I need to lie down. There was me thinking my collection of vinylmation was unhealthy....
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #576
tinkerbellmom31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisavince3 View Post
I don't know why those videos with the reborns are bothering me so much. It obviously brings her great joy and she isn't harming anyone. Although in my opinion, this behavior would greatly reduce her chances of finding a potential mate to have real children with, so I guess at the age of 22, she could be "harming" her own future (if she does want actual children one day).

Anyway, I can't stop thinking about it and why someone would put all that time, energy, and money into these dolls. All of those real diapers, formula, trash bags for their "dirty" diapers, etc in her diaper bag? My youngest DD is 5 and I am sooooo thankful not to have to worry about packing that stuff anymore (or buying it!).

It seems like she truly believes they are real, but I would have to think that she realizes this isn't "normal" behavior as she made certain that her face, and her mother's, were not on the video.

And I disagree with a PP. Based on the seriousness of the "getting ready" and the elaborate outfits, I am really thinking she DID bring those dolls to dinner.
There are a bunch of videos. Her and her mom were in one taking them down the hall. I just don't get it, it seems so strange to me. I would be embarrassed. To each their own I guess.

Disney Magic to Key West, Nassau and Castaway Cay May 4,2012
Disneyland Feb 2011
Disney World last trip December 2010 plus many more
tinkerbellmom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:53 AM   #577
kitkat2704
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke

Where does one even go about purchasing such an item and why do they make them? My mind is doing over time. I think I need to lie down. There was me thinking my collection of vinylmation was unhealthy....
http://m.ashtondrake.com/mcategory/b...ruly-real.html

Sorry. I had to! XD
kitkat2704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #578
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat2704 View Post
Omg of course I had a choice...I didn't have to click on the link.... But I did. I cannot reverse what I have seen lol. No amount of therapy can help me now. For others that are still without this knowledge...still to click that link..still have that card to play...it's too late for me and kitkat2704 Lol. You lot go on without us....
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 06-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #579
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Omg of course I had a choice...I didn't have to click on the link.... But I did. I cannot reverse what I have seen lol. No amount of therapy can help me now. For others that are still without this knowledge...still to click that link..still have that card to play...it's too late for me and kitkat2704 Lol. You lot go on without us....
The monkeys were better looking.

This is the last thing...or I'll get a warning to take it to the community board...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWyakBk7JrU

Too bad these babies aren't like the ones the middle schoolers bring home for home ec class. I'll never forget my daughter saying "I'll do it, I'll do it!" Then "here, I have to go the bathroom" or me waking her up at 2:30 am as she's sleeping through the crying. Honey, wake up... "WHAT, LEAVE ME ALONE~!" LOL.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 06-02-2013 at 07:24 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #580
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post

This is the last thing...or I'll get a warning to take it to the community board...

Too bad these babies aren't like the ones the middle schoolers bring home for home ec class. I'll never forget my daughter saying "I'll do it, I'll do it!" Then "here, I have to go the bathroom" or me waking her up at 2:30 am as she's sleeping through the crying. Honey, wake up... "WHAT, LEAVE ME ALONE~!" LOL.
Lol.

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 06-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #581
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Too late for me to. Resistance is futile; you will be assimilated.

Those babies aren't cheap either. Being is expensive though still not as expensive as being a parent.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #582
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post

Too late for me to. Resistance is futile; you will be assimilated.

Those babies aren't cheap either. Being is expensive though still not as expensive as being a parent.
I know! Where there is a need there is somebody willing to exploit it and get rich. I am sure re expense of being a parent. We own dogs and they are a joy but very expensive. They do have the bonus though of you can put them in kennels when on vacation. Not sure you are allowed to do the with kids lol..

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 06-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #583
Ellester
DIS Veteran

So tempting to comment on the "doll" discussion, but I will just have to let that one go....

Mine is in the unexpected category. Years and years ago my dad got a "great" deal on a Dolphin cruise. He had his own business at the time so a big group from his office went along with our family. DH and I were newly married. Anyway, once aboard we discovered that the reason the deal was so good was that we were filling the unsold cabins for a special reunion cruise, for some apparently very popular South American pop music groups from the 70's. ALL the entertainment was to do with these groups, according to their contract nothing could go on unless it had to do with the reunion. So we watched several shows that consisted of screaming Spanish women singing along to their favorite songs from 15 years earlier! We still had fun but it was a very different experience.

The ship was so small, DH and I had little twin beds in our room. No option to put them together so we just had to hold hands across the 1 foot gap between the beds! The ship bounced around like crazy, the first night was so rough that out of our group of 20 only 5 of us made it to the dining room. The rest were too sick to leave their cabins! One of the 5 was pregnant and when the first tray of food went by, she got up and ran out of the dining room with her husband on her trail. So we had a quiet dinner for 3 at our table for 10! The rest of the trip, the crew put single packs of dramamine out all over the ship so you could just grab a pack and hope for the best. It was quite the adventure!
Ellester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #584
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post

Five lbs and 25 inches! Hmmmm.... maybe it's better she sticks to dolls rather than real babies... Its a little unreal to watch and listen to these videos.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #585
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellester View Post
So tempting to comment on the "doll" discussion, but I will just have to let that one go....

Mine is in the unexpected category. Years and years ago my dad got a "great" deal on a Dolphin cruise. He had his own business at the time so a big group from his office went along with our family. DH and I were newly married. Anyway, once aboard we discovered that the reason the deal was so good was that we were filling the unsold cabins for a special reunion cruise, for some apparently very popular South American pop music groups from the 70's. ALL the entertainment was to do with these groups, according to their contract nothing could go on unless it had to do with the reunion. So we watched several shows that consisted of screaming Spanish women singing along to their favorite songs from 15 years earlier! We still had fun but it was a very different experience.

The ship was so small, DH and I had little twin beds in our room. No option to put them together so we just had to hold hands across the 1 foot gap between the beds! The ship bounced around like crazy, the first night was so rough that out of our group of 20 only 5 of us made it to the dining room. The rest were too sick to leave their cabins! One of the 5 was pregnant and when the first tray of food went by, she got up and ran out of the dining room with her husband on her trail. So we had a quiet dinner for 3 at our table for 10! The rest of the trip, the crew put single packs of dramamine out all over the ship so you could just grab a pack and hope for the best. It was quite the adventure!
Oh my! Tell me after this experience of sheer horror you must have braved it up to try another cruise! I assume so as you appear on the Disney Cruise line forum. how brave! I hope the next cruise was better! Lol re the South American music groups from the 1970's! I bet that was quite an experience! Not often you go on a cruise and lose weight lol. We had one cruise with a breakout of a virus. The last night the dining room was empty. But that's a whole different story... I thank Disney for it's constant use of gloves with its CM and giving us that anti bac liquid going into the dining rooms!

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: