Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #526
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

We were there when the guys and his wife brought their daughter up there to satellite falls! We left before the yelling tho, I guess we missed out.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #527
dcassetta
Mouseketeer

Not shocking but unexpected.

We were on a Princess cruise in Alaska about 12 years ago. I love whales and dolphins and was hoping to see some on the cruise. My SIL and I had even taken an whale watching excursion. There were some cute seals but no whales, and all week long no whales. So, it's the last night and we are coming into Seward. It's about 2am, and I can't sleep so I decide to go watch the ship dock. It's not all that dark because it was in late June. I am enjoying the peacefulness and no one else is on deck expect a few crew members on the section of the bridge that extends out over the water. They are watching the pilot's boat approach and then I notice the pilot has some friends. A pod of about 30 orcas is swimming close to the pilot boat The whales then swam along besides the Princess for about 5 minutes and them swam away. Of course I had no camera, but I was thrilled to see some whales. And, as I hadn't seen any all week it was unexpected.

\
I've eaten at 159 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
dcassetta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #528
MomoMama
Earning My Ears

Diaper change

I saw a woman changing her baby's diaper right there in MDR at dinner time. The baby was probably 1 year old, standing up, and she was changing pull-up type diaper.
It was quick, but I saw it because our table was next to theirs.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:06 AM   #529
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoMama View Post
I saw a woman changing her baby's diaper right there in MDR at dinner time. The baby was probably 1 year old, standing up, and she was changing pull-up type diaper.
It was quick, but I saw it because our table was next to theirs.
I just witnessed something very similar on the WBPC cruise. One night in Tritons we saw a baby striped down to its diaper and stood on the table. Gross. The MDR is not a appropriate place for that.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:21 AM   #530
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcassetta View Post
We were on a Princess cruise in Alaska about 12 years ago. I love whales and dolphins and was hoping to see some on the cruise. My SIL and I had even taken an whale watching excursion. There were some cute seals but no whales, and all week long no whales. So, it's the last night and we are coming into Seward. It's about 2am, and I can't sleep so I decide to go watch the ship dock. It's not all that dark because it was in late June. I am enjoying the peacefulness and no one else is on deck expect a few crew members on the section of the bridge that extends out over the water. They are watching the pilot's boat approach and then I notice the pilot has some friends. A pod of about 30 orcas is swimming close to the pilot boat The whales then swam along besides the Princess for about 5 minutes and them swam away. Of course I had no camera, but I was thrilled to see some whales. And, as I hadn't seen any all week it was unexpected.
WOW That would have made the entire cruise $ worth it!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #531
MomoMama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
I just witnessed something very similar on the WBPC cruise. One night in Tritons we saw a baby striped down to its diaper and stood on the table. Gross. The MDR is not a appropriate place for that.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
Wow. At least the woman I saw was letting her baby stand on the floor.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #532
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Are you sure that wasn't a comment on what they thought of the menu offerings?

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #533
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

When we were at castaway key earlier this month there was a mom letting her two little boys poop next to the line for cookies 2.
August 2014 - Alaska on the Wonder
May 2015 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
December 2015 - Bahamas on the Wonder
dclwonderprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #534
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess
When we were at castaway key earlier this month there was a mom letting her two little boys poop next to the line for cookies 2.
On the GROUND??? Why??? Ewwww
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #535
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess View Post
Ok, this is why is say, and I am sorry if this upsets some, "you need a license to drive a car. ". That is just gross and I would have ripped this parent a new one for that. Normally I keep my mouth shut, like I did during the diaper baby on the table and shake my head in disbelief, this I would have gone off.
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #536
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post

ok, this is why is say, and i am sorry if this upsets some, "you need a license to drive a car. ". That is just gross and i would have ripped this parent a new one for that. Normally i keep my mouth shut, like i did during the diaper baby on the table and shake my head in disbelief, this i would have gone off.
yes!!
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #537
Moxin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
There was some talk about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXrNr1Cuypk

What I learned from this, and all posts, is that it is a hobby for some.

I always wondered what the stateroom hostess must of thought and here she answers:

"They did come with us most of the time, but usually we wouldn't take them to breakfast so when the room people came in to clean we would leave them in their bed. The room people loved them, they met them˙ day one on the ship. So when they came in the room they weren't freaked out or anything lol The room person would actually move them and take them out of their bed so he could make it. And he would sit them back nicely and do cute little things with them. "

I don't really care, except that, mom and grandma....babys don't put their hand over their heads like that when you are dressing them...drives me crazy when their feet and arms are all wrong....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPVA55YE_DA
I would have hated being their tablemates for dinner. That's not mentally healthy.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #538
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post

There was some talk about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXrNr1Cuypk

What I learned from this, and all posts, is that it is a hobby for some.

I always wondered what the stateroom hostess must of thought and here she answers:

"They did come with us most of the time, but usually we wouldn't take them to breakfast so when the room people came in to clean we would leave them in their bed. The room people loved them, they met them˙ day one on the ship. So when they came in the room they weren't freaked out or anything lol The room person would actually move them and take them out of their bed so he could make it. And he would sit them back nicely and do cute little things with them. "

I don't really care, except that, mom and grandma....babys don't put their hand over their heads like that when you are dressing them...drives me crazy when their feet and arms are all wrong....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPVA55YE_DA
THAT was the creepiest and most disturbing thing I've ever seen!!!
Silstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #539
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post
I would have hated being their tablemates for dinner. That's not mentally healthy.
That was the strangest thing I have ever seen.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #540
Plaid Princess
Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

Wow. Nightmares tonight!

Plaid Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: