Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2004, 06:27 PM   #31
musicgirl
Pooh lover
My happy place is Serenity Bay
Emptied the amenities into them

We were waiting in a lounge to go on an excursion. A family came just inside. Their son, a pretty big kid threw up right in the entrance.

They just went on to find a seat. They didn't say anything to a CM or try to usher people around it. We sat horrified as someone right behind them.....you guessed it, walked right through it.

A nice person right next to it, took their towel and covered it. They then moved to another area. go figure!!!
June 2008 Norwegian Dawn 7 night Bermuda
June 2007 Crown Princess 9 night Caribbean
June 24,2006 Double Dip Western
June 2004 Eastern
June 2003 Wonder
June 2002 Land/Sea POR
1971 Disneyland.....1973 WDW.....June 2001 WDW

DCL 2006 Double Dip Western Photos http://dhsbandman.smugmug.com/gallery/1630103
DCL ship pics http://dhsbandman.smugmug.com/gallery/1634009
musicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:14 AM   #32
LADYnTRAMP
Is living proof that begging works!

Yes shocking and unexpected!

Unfortunately, the shocking moment came from a member of my own family. Ya know how powerful the toilets are on the ship?....We had just gotten to our stateroom and my shy, well-behaved (he didn't put anything in it he wasn't suppose to...) son had to use the toilet. Well, needless to say, he must've been saving up for the past Month! I was SHOCKED when I saw what came out of that little bitty body and the toilet was stopped up. Yes, we had to ask for a plunger and yes I did it myself. I just told my son the toilet was probably already "sluggish" so as not to embarrass him anymore than he was already.
LADYnTRAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2004, 09:16 AM   #33
TheWog
The Curse has been Reversed
We did it on St. Thomas
That sounds like my way to watch them

we also had the ship pull up and dock across from you experience. Golden Princess docked in St. Maarten right next to us in the morning. Woman in the balcony cabin across from us didn't realize they pulled in to port while she was in the shower. She walks out to talk to her husband with some "onlookers" she was not aware of. Bet it was more shocking for her. Always close those blinds when docking hehehe
Old 11-10-2004, 10:08 AM   #34
WDWDennis
Mouseketeer

Great thread!!! I'm loving every bit of it!!

The worst thing I saw was at Castaway Cay!! My wife and I got off the ship first thing in the morning. We were heading straight to serenity bay. We walked the first part from the ship, but then sat down at the tram station for the ride down the old runway. After a few minutes, a couple of CM's walked up and sat down. We waited and waited, but no tram. Well, after about 10 minutes, one of the CM's stood up, went to a bush, right under the roof where we were sitting, and started urinating in the bushes!! My wife and I just looked at each other, totally shocked! After he was done, he just put it away and sat back down. We were totally disgusted. It almost ruined our day. I am even in construction, so seeing this sort of thing is not uncommon for me. I guess being a Disney employee, I just expected a little more from him. Heck, he had the entire island to use, but he chose to do it right there.

WEIRD!!!!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:05 PM   #35
KEH
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy is mad at me because I don't share chocolate!

Originally posted by WDWDennis;

Quote:
The worst thing I saw was at Castaway Cay!! My wife and I got off the ship first thing in the morning. We were heading straight to serenity bay. We walked the first part from the ship, but then sat down at the tram station for the ride down the old runway. After a few minutes, a couple of CM's walked up and sat down. We waited and waited, but no tram. Well, after about 10 minutes, one of the CM's stood up, went to a bush, right under the roof where we were sitting, and started urinating in the bushes!!

You're joking! Not much leaves me speechless but this has. What a charmer! Don't suppose he washed his hands either.
KEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:07 PM   #36
KEH
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy is mad at me because I don't share chocolate!

This is more surprising than shocking but on our cruise last week I couldn't get over the number of people who seemed to think the only purpose of the stairs was to sit down on them to wait for the elevator.
KEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:49 PM   #37
CheapMom
DIS Veteran

I have never been on a cruise (DCL or otherwise) but you all might find this surprising.
A few years ago on my flight back to Baltimore from Orlando there were several DCL CMs just finished with their 6 month stint. They were pretty drunk and rowdy and had many warnings from the flight attendants to settle down. They were saying stuff like "Free at alst, thank God almighty... and I remember specifically one of them saying something downright rude about the clientelle on the ship. I remember this because the people sitting in a few rows in front of us had just completed their DCL cruise. (I assumed because they had a DCL gift/tote bag) I felt bad for that family.

Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort ~ Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

CheapMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:19 PM   #38
MomsGoneGoofy
DIS Veteran

On our first cruise (3 night wonder) my DS's (10 & 11 yo) wanted to try the slide at the Mickey pool. I was standing there while they waited for their turn, all of a sudden there was screaming a lot of eeewww's, kids scrambling to get out of the pool. You guested it someone had an "Accident" in the pool. Well there was this elderly man with what I assumed was his granddaughter in the pool and the little brown log was floating right at him. Maybe he didn't speak English, because he didn't move even though people were pointing and yelling at him to get out of the pool. Well the little brown log smacked him right in the chest.
A CM was on the way over to them when the granddaughter finally spotted it and they got out of the pool.

Last edited by MomsGoneGoofy; 11-10-2004 at 02:30 PM.
MomsGoneGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:24 PM   #39
TheWog
The Curse has been Reversed
We did it on St. Thomas
That sounds like my way to watch them

ewwwwww, that is gross. Where is Bill Murray when you need him????
Old 11-10-2004, 01:59 PM   #40
natsmom125
Performed live, on stage aboard The Magic. Lucky to have cruised with "Babette" and "Scar. FDNY NEVER FORGET

A couple of cruises back...we cruised with what DH called "The
Tacky Family". The TF consisted of two or three young couples, with 2 or 3 kids each, and the grandparents. They were the people that saved a chaise lounge at The Mickey Pool for everybody(including the little kids), they saved the tables and chairs at the MP, they brought their strollers and parked them in the walkways, saved the seats in the WDT....that type.

And like a previous poster, I'm not bothered by too much, as I work for the fire department and if I haven't seen it, I've heard about it....but anyway, one morning we rush up on deck to find TTF already at the pool. So, I snap when I see the tables and chairs saved, AGAIN, this is about the 2nd or 3rd morning of the cruise. I politely move their stuff from one table (and yes it was their stuff...I'd seen it all week) to the railing behind the tables. Other people came up and did the same thing, as TTF were all lounging by the pool in the chaise lounges.

Soon I see all the kids, who are coming down the Mickey slide, come down the slide, then stop and stare over to where these people are lounging. So, along with one or two other Moms, I walk around the pool to see what all the kids are staring at. One of the TTF young ladies was hugely pregnant(I know she was past the required time to be cruising) but, and she is laying in the chaise, with her naked belly exposed to the sun. One of the Moms goes and grabs her son by the arm and storms over to the CM on duty at the pool. Well, the pegnant lady was evidentially not happy when the CM came over and asked her to cover herself up. So, she gets up, pulls her swimsuit top down and stops in her tracks, when she discovers that all the tables and chairs are now occupied by other people!!! So, then all of them get up, get their stuff together, which takes about 20 minutes and stomp off!!!! I don't know what she was the most shocked about...the fact that they asked her to cover up or that people had taken the tables!!!!! Anyway, we never saw them at the pool again.

Phyllis
natsmom125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:28 PM   #41
MarcyIn Florida
DIS Veteran

Wait -- why would someone have to cover their stomach on the cruise?
Our DCL Cruises: Disney Wonder, 2001; Disney Wonder, October 2002; Disney Magic (Western), the Hurricane Frances tour, Sept. 2004; Disney Magic (Eastern), February 2006; Disney Magic (Western), New Year's Eve 2007-2008; Disney Magic (Eastern, Tortola), July 2009; Disney Magic (Eastern, 8 Day Holiday Cruise), December 2011.
You can usually find us on the lazy river at Blizzard Beach.
MarcyIn Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:50 PM   #42
mrsfuzzmo
DIS Veteran

I agree! What's that all about??? I would have old them to stick it where the sun don't shine. If I were pregnant and cruising I would be in a bikini! (My husband looks preggers when he's in a swimsuit and they never ask him to cover up. I would have been furious!

Just the part of the CM asking an expectant mother to cover up is shocking in itself!
mrsfuzzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:57 PM   #43
TomD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally posted by MarcyIn Florida
Wait -- why would someone have to cover their stomach on the cruise?

pulls her swimsuit top down

Meaning more then just her belly was showing
TomD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:05 PM   #44
dobelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWog
we also had the ship pull up and dock across from you experience. Golden Princess docked in St. Maarten right next to us in the morning. Woman in the balcony cabin across from us didn't realize they pulled in to port while she was in the shower. She walks out to talk to her husband with some "onlookers" she was not aware of. Bet it was more shocking for her. Always close those blinds when docking hehehe
I did this on our first 7 nt Magic. I got out of the shower, curtains wide open and walked over to the veranda window. I am very nearsighted so I didn't see the folks on their verandas across the way until it was too late. They had been flashed, big time.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:21 PM   #45
Hercules10
Al Bundy WannaBe

Lady at CC with teeny bikini, who never heard of a bikini trim and was quite furry. Looked like a French Poodle with an eye-patch.
Hercules10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: