Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2005, 06:57 PM   #106
Lizzybee
Perpetually Earning my Ears

We were there a few weeks ago and the kids checked out the arcade for a few minutes our last day. It had a couple of air hockey tables and some skee ball. There was a double row of arcade/video games down the middle and a row on each wall. It wasn't huge, but it was fairly nice. The games give tickets and you redeem them for prizes. I hope that helps.
Lizzybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:36 PM   #107
Sayleaway
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcyinPA
How difficult was it to change buildings to connecting rooms? Did they give you a hard time? We are traveling with another family, and we both reserved two rooms for our large families. We requested connecting rooms (so two sets of connecting rooms) in Toy Story. I wonder if they'll be able to fulfill our request? We leave in 11 days!
marcyinPA,

They didn't give me a hard time at all. I just went up to the desk (spoke with the same person that checked me in) and told her that we had requested connecting rooms and didn't get them. She picked up the phone and called the room assignment people and it was done, just like that. Very simple. I got the idea that if it is doable, they will do it. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to ask for a move if you don't get what you want at first.

Good luck and have a great time!
Sayleaway is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2005, 08:52 PM   #108
mmm, Honey
Earning My Ears

Hey Everyone

I am travelling to WDW in December and am staying at All Star Movies. Can anyone give me some rooms numbers which you think are the best. I know that I may not be able to get exactly what I want, however it would really help if I had some idea. I have seen that many have recommended Buss & Woody, we really have no preference as I am sure that we will hardly be in our rooms anyway as we have limited time. Basically, just looking for a room that is well located to buses and food etc but also won't be too noisy for the short period of time we will get some sleep.

I travelling with two other friends (we are all adults) from Australia and any information would be great. We have limited information here and I have found these discussion boards great.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps mates!!
mmm, Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:18 PM   #109
Lizzybee
Perpetually Earning my Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm, Honey
Hey Everyone

I am travelling to WDW in December and am staying at All Star Movies. Can anyone give me some rooms numbers which you think are the best. I know that I may not be able to get exactly what I want, however it would really help if I had some idea. I have seen that many have recommended Buss & Woody, we really have no preference as I am sure that we will hardly be in our rooms anyway as we have limited time. Basically, just looking for a room that is well located to buses and food etc but also won't be too noisy for the short period of time we will get some sleep.

I travelling with two other friends (we are all adults) from Australia and any information would be great. We have limited information here and I have found these discussion boards great.

Thanks heaps mates!!
We were in room 1942, 3rd floor Dalmations 1 (Pongo) and it was all the things you mentioned. It was quiet, convenient and clean. It was around the corner from the elevator and faced a sort of grassy area across from Mighty Ducks so the view was nothing to look at but we didn't stick around to look out at the view anyway. It was a 2 minute walk to the main pool and food court, it was closer than some of the rooms in Fantasia I believe. I had Dalmations or Toy Story requested on my ressie, but when we checked in, the CM gave me 1st floor Mighty Ducks. I asked if maybe she might check to see if there was a 3rd floor non smoking Dalmation room and she made a phone call and we got exactly what I wanted and it was ready for us right then and there at 1:30pm.
Good luck and enjoy!
Lizzybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:51 PM   #110
Sayleaway
Earning My Ears

Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm, Honey
Hey Everyone

Thanks heaps mates!!
We were in 1862 & 1863 Dalmations - 2nd Floor Building 1 (I think it was Pongo - it's the one on the right.) Great location looking out across the courtyard right above the TV with the little Dalmation. It was a great location. Much better than our first location which was at the very end of the backside of Toy Story - Ask for a Courtyard View and you should be happy.
Sayleaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:32 AM   #111
deadhedjen
Mouseketeer

I have a few questions about ASMo....
1) DId they get rid of the soap/shampoo dispensers in the showers yet?

2) Can you store your luggage under the beds?

3) Are there fridges in all the rooms yet? I read all the Disney resorts were getting them with the values being the last.

4) Does anyone know of a link where I could find the prices for the McD's across the street?

Thanks!

Jennifer.

Me , DH , DS19 , DD17 , DD14 , and DD11

deadhedjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:34 PM   #112
marcyinPA
I'll never forget the strong, pungent smell of Noxema!
I was such a fashion disaster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhedjen
I have a few questions about ASMo....
1) DId they get rid of the soap/shampoo dispensers in the showers yet?

3) Are there fridges in all the rooms yet? I read all the Disney resorts were getting them with the values being the last.

4) Does anyone know of a link where I could find the prices for the McD's across the street?

Thanks!

Jennifer.
As of our trip 9/28-10/4:

1. No. No soap or shampoo dispensers. Still bar soap and bottled shampoo.

2. We didn't attempt to store luggage under the bed. It didn't seem that it would fit. There was ample space near the tv stand/dresser and on a luggage rack near the sink.

3. No fridges as of our stay.

4. Sorry, can't answer that one! I was happy to avoid McD's since we had the dining plan!

Have a great trip!
6/08- We're Cruisin' (NCL
Spirit) for my BIG 4-0!,
6/09- WL (celebrating my birthday with Mickey!)
,2/11- POP
marcyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:37 PM   #113
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP
I've found the newer you are, the more planning that needs to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhedjen

There is room under the beds. THey are typical frames, but you don't need it really with the area in the closet.

The McD's prices are consistent with McD's in other tourist areas (Vail Colorado for example). You will pay a premium, but not all that bad. BTW there is no play area. THe outside looks really cool, but the inside does not have a playplace like other McD's
**** I saw CoP for the first time 4/12/05 2:43pm ****
Stephen's Ultimate Collection of Disney Links
ChairborneRangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:55 AM   #114
cruella101
Earning My Ears

Question the best

I am going to WDW in December, 10th to 17th with my 2 year old granddaughter and she likes dalmations and toy story which would be the best building in either of these and the best view request and should I request an upper floor. Any specific room numbers? I just want it to be really special.
cruella101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #115
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP

I like the courtyard view. Do NOT request specific room numbers. The likelyhood of getting them is very low. I would do something like

1) Courtyard
2) Bldg 1 (Pongo) or 10 (Buzz)
3) Third Floor
4) Closer to Cinema Hall

If you are going for Buzz you may want near the elevator rather than near cinema hall. The view in to the courtyard is better near the elevators.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:33 AM   #116
cruella101
Earning My Ears

Thank you soooooo much should I also follow up closer to departure with a fax or call?
cruella101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:43 AM   #117
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP

Call 4 days out and ask the CM to read to you what is in the reservation. Don't tip them off to your preferences. If they can read it back it is in there, if not, someone left it out.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:26 AM   #118
marcyinPA
I'll never forget the strong, pungent smell of Noxema!
I was such a fashion disaster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairborneRangr
Call 4 days out and ask the CM to read to you what is in the reservation. Don't tip them off to your preferences. If they can read it back it is in there, if not, someone left it out.
We had our preferences on our ressie...4 rooms in Toy Story, 2 sets adjoining. We called 3 days prior to double check. We were told "yes, that is what we have you in. Everything is all set". Get to check-in, and guess what? No adjoining rooms, and 2 rooms in one building, 2 rooms in another. What a fiasco trying to change rooms. Finally got changed to 4 in row in one building, but only two rooms adjoining. It's the best they could do. Lesson learned: there is NEVER a guarantee, even if they tell you everything is all set!

Marcy
6/08- We're Cruisin' (NCL
Spirit) for my BIG 4-0!,
6/09- WL (celebrating my birthday with Mickey!)
,2/11- POP
marcyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:09 AM   #119
DaisyGirlAllTheWay
Brand New Disney Addict.

Hi Stephen! I'm looking forward to my first stay @ ASMO as well...I am booking at a great rate at the end of August and would like to know is this a good resort for couples? And whats the best building for a quiet king bedroom? TIA

August 17th - 24th, 2005 - The Peabody Hotel
- Our First Disney trip...omg he proposed (and I said YES )!
February 1st - 7th 2006 - CBR - My birthday trip! <br>
November 15th - 18th, 2008 -
Pop Century
- Babymoon! Baby Joshua expected March 7th, 2009!
DaisyGirlAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:51 AM   #120
Vijoge
This one isn't itchy or scratchy
He was a sloth
This has nothing to do with Ding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greattenchi
anyone have pictures what of the rooms in the fanatasia section of ASM look like?
Anyone?

Why are there so many angry people on the DIS?

To find out when Southwest will release fares PLEASE go to www.southwest.com and click on travel tools
Vijoge is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: