Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #91
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP
I've found the newer you are, the more planning that needs to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreena
Are there elevators?
Yes. CHeck the map on page one of this thread. They are in the central area behind the building icon.
**** I saw CoP for the first time 4/12/05 2:43pm ****
Stephen's Ultimate Collection of Disney Links
ChairborneRangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:36 AM   #92
Coreena
I believe In The Magic!

Thanks for the Info!

Thanks so much for the elevator information - I should have looked at the map first Does anyone know if there are any trick-or-treat activities at Disneyworld other than the Halloween Party (Extra fee)? We will be there for Halloween and I would love for my two year old to be able to trick or treat.

Thanks so much!
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2005, 08:55 AM   #93
marcyinPA
I'll never forget the strong, pungent smell of Noxema!
I was such a fashion disaster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayleaway
We just got back from ASMo today (9/6/05). At first, we were in the Toy Story section, but were moved because we didn't get our requested connecting room. The room in Toy Story was a bit worn, I have to say. I was relieved when we arrived at our room in Dalmatians. It appeared that they were just completing a renovation. In fact, they painted the bones on the concrete the first couple of days were were there and appeared to finish up their work before Labor Day.

Also, I noticed that during our stay, the soap/shampoo dispenser in our room was removed and was replaced with actual soap and shampoo! I guess they did it while we were in the parks!

I found the Dalmatians section to be much more **** and span than Toy Story. I'm sure Toy Story's renovation is on it's way soon!
How difficult was it to change buildings to connecting rooms? Did they give you a hard time? We are traveling with another family, and we both reserved two rooms for our large families. We requested connecting rooms (so two sets of connecting rooms) in Toy Story. I wonder if they'll be able to fulfill our request? We leave in 11 days!
6/08- We're Cruisin' (NCL
Spirit) for my BIG 4-0!,
6/09- WL (celebrating my birthday with Mickey!)
,2/11- POP
marcyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:36 AM   #94
Coreena
I believe In The Magic!

I have always gotten the rooms I have requested. I found that the secret is to send a fax to the Room Assignor for the hotel about 3 days before you get there and choose 3 different sets of rooms to choose from. If you do that - you are bound to get one of the three sets of adjoining. It has always worked for me..... I have very few bad things to say about the staff in Disney. Have fun and good luck!
Old 09-19-2005, 10:27 AM   #95
penny04
Earning My Ears

we've stayed at ASMo twice now, both times in the dalmations block, both stays have been magical!!!!

Old 09-19-2005, 12:52 PM   #96
liveforthemagic
DIS Veteran

I think I'm sold on ASMo!

Just a few questions...

1) Are there any large groups that typically visit the first and second week of December?

2) The Fantasia buildings are "preferred" and $10/extra because they are closest to the bus stop and the food court?

3) Do they add an extra charge in a preferred room if you request a king size bed?

4) How often do the buses come by to pick up? We've never stayed on site and I am concerned about waiting a long time for a bus with a very excited little girl!

Me and DH DS13 DD10

liveforthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:01 PM   #97
liveforthemagic
DIS Veteran

oooh--I also forgot...

Can anyone tell me if and how they decorate for Christmas?

If you wanted to get some late night snacks to keep in your room (chips, candy bars, etc) can these be found at the gift shop?

Who delivers the pizza to the room? Is it the hotel itself, or a national vendor, like Pizza Hut?

Me and DH DS13 DD10

liveforthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:03 PM   #98
Coreena
I believe In The Magic!

The pizza comes from the food court at the All Star Movies.... It's pretty good, especially when you are tired from a day at the park and they deliver it to your room!!!
Old 09-19-2005, 09:14 PM   #99
amsafko
DIS Veteran

We are going the week around Easter (the 14th to the 21st of April - Easter is the 16th). We have reservations for ASMo (connecting rooms) and were looking for a building close to the bus stop away from the pool area (too much noise). The CM recommended the Toy Story building - is this a good choice? We have two girls who will be 4 and 2 the time of the trip. Would the Dalmation building be any better/worse? They are more into them than Toy Story but it's not that big of a deal to us either way. Thanks...
amsafko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:33 PM   #100
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsafko
We are going the week around Easter (the 14th to the 21st of April - Easter is the 16th). We have reservations for ASMo (connecting rooms) and were looking for a building close to the bus stop away from the pool area (too much noise). The CM recommended the Toy Story building - is this a good choice? We have two girls who will be 4 and 2 the time of the trip. Would the Dalmation building be any better/worse? They are more into them than Toy Story but it's not that big of a deal to us either way. Thanks...
I would choos Bldg 1 (Pongo) or Bldg 10 (Buzz Lightyear)

My personal preference is Buzz, because the courtyard is just so darn cute.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:40 PM   #101
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP

Quote:
1) Are there any large groups that typically visit the first and second week of December?
I have not heard of any. The 2 weeks following Thanksgiving are the lowest attendance weeks.

Quote:
2) The Fantasia buildings are "preferred" and $10/extra because they are closest to the bus stop and the food court?
Yes, but not worth it in my opinion. The way the resort is laid out Dalmatians is the same distance, and Toy Story is barely any further. I have stayed in Herbie twice. It is real easy to cut through the fantasia buildings to access services. The only "far" buildings are Mighty Ducks. THye are closer to the All Star Music Bus Stop than the ASMo Bus Stop.

Quote:
3) Do they add an extra charge in a preferred room if you request a king size bed?
Call the front desk and ask (Phone # is on the first post) I really don't know.

Quote:
4) How often do the buses come by to pick up? We've never stayed on site and I am concerned about waiting a long time for a bus with a very excited little girl!
The stock answer is every 20 minutes. THe real answer is "it depends" THe busses are not on a set route. THe entire system is an on-demand system. WHen they know lots of people will be waiting, they double stack the busses. ASMo typically gets it's own busses, while sports and music have to share. During low season all three share bus routes.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:43 PM   #102
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP

Quote:
If you wanted to get some late night snacks to keep in your room (chips, candy bars, etc) can these be found at the gift shop?
Yes. The gift shop has snacks. THe food court is open till midnight.

Quote:
Who delivers the pizza to the room? Is it the hotel itself, or a national vendor, like Pizza Hut?
Food Court
Old 09-20-2005, 08:48 AM   #103
Brina
Mouseketeer

I am considering taking my kids next august. I want to stay in toy story or dalmations and would be rather disappointed to be put into herbie or mighty ducks. I would be willing to pay extra for guaranteed location, which I guess only happens with the fantasia building. If I were to book a standard room and request toy story or dalmations and then find they are both fully booked when I arrived, what would be my chances of upgrading at check in to fantasia - I would be paying the difference? Is fantasia generally less or more booked up than the rest of the resort?
7/2009 - Grand Californian DisneyLand
1/2011 - Marathon Weekend at the Beach Club
7/2011 - DisneyLand Paris
Brina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:20 AM   #104
Donnask8pro
Fins to the left, Fins to the right....
sorry for you croc lovers but I have a reputation to keep..

Question, I have an 11 yr old son in a wheelchair. Which building makes the most sense for us? Non smoking of course. We asked for Toy Story but if thats not the best I'll switch. Thanks everyone.

Platinum cruiser...
Upcoming Cruisin w/ The Troublemakers
Oct 2013 Girls gone wild IV cruise Carnival Victory
August 2013 Jersey beach!
Nov 2013 Jersey Week in Disney
Feb 2014 Carnival Liberty TM7
Sept 2014 Carnival Inspiration V
Jan 2015 Carnival SUnshine TM8
Donnask8pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #105
hojo
Mouseketeer

Is the arcade a full blown arcade? Is it tokens or quarters that you have to insert?
hojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: