Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #886
disnut1149
DIS Veteran
 
disnut1149's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Broomall, PA
Posts: 2,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by katybugsmom View Post
I'm glad to find someone who is staying at ASMO's in June besides us! We arrive on June 19 and are staying through the 26th. This will be our third stay there and we love it! Both of the previous times we have stayed in Toy Story(preferred). I'm hoping we will get rooms in the 101 Dalmations section or Fantasia section (preferred). This trip is a surprise for our kids! They won't know until we are on our way! They think we are going to the beach-we only live an hour from Myrtle Beach! Their surprise will be priceless!
Hi
We'll be there for the first time from 6/20 to 6/25. I was a little worried about staying here, since I hear it's in need of some renovations. I feel better now knowing that you're going back for a third time. I requested Toy Story or Dalmations. Which do you think is better? I didn't request preferred, but would pay it if it puts us a lot closer to the food court and busses. Thanks!!
__________________
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #887
katybugsmom
DIS Veteran
 
katybugsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 977

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Hi
We'll be there for the first time from 6/20 to 6/25. I was a little worried about staying here, since I hear it's in need of some renovations. I feel better now knowing that you're going back for a third time. I requested Toy Story or Dalmations. Which do you think is better? I didn't request preferred, but would pay it if it puts us a lot closer to the food court and busses. Thanks!!
I have to use a scooter while we vacation at WDW-I had back surgery a year ago and can't do all the walking required. We always request preferred because of this-If I were you I would request it too-easy walk to pool, food court and transportation! We've stayed in Toy Story twice-the last time was last summer-in June. We're hoping to stay in another area just for a different experience. Sections of Toy Story, Dalmations, and Fantasia are considered Preferred. We have always stayed at ASMO's because of the themes. We would probably never consider staying in anything other than value because all we do is sleep there and that's it! We're always too busy taking advantage of everything WDW has to offer! Hope this helps!
__________________
DH 48 Me! 48 DD 14 and DS 8
8 trips and counting!!!!!
katybugsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #888
katybugsmom
DIS Veteran
 
katybugsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 977

Quote:
Originally Posted by john398 View Post
You may want to have them add the sections you want to your resvation comments, in November we asked for First Floor toy story and we got that...John
Thanks! We'll do that and keep our fingers crossed!
__________________
DH 48 Me! 48 DD 14 and DS 8
8 trips and counting!!!!!
katybugsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #889
peanutandbella
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwatlas View Post
Yesterday 09:07 PM
carmiedog Can anyone please poinpoint on the resort map where these guys (er...ducks) are?
I'm going to be looking for them too next week! I stayed at Movies last February and never saw them and since seeing this picture want to find them when I stay at Movies again this January.
peanutandbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:12 PM   #890
peanutandbella
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Hi
We'll be there for the first time from 6/20 to 6/25. I was a little worried about staying here, since I hear it's in need of some renovations. I feel better now knowing that you're going back for a third time. I requested Toy Story or Dalmations. Which do you think is better? I didn't request preferred, but would pay it if it puts us a lot closer to the food court and busses. Thanks!!
I stayed in Toy Story last year. Toy Story and Dalmations are basically the same distance from the main building, food court, buses, etc. They are both preferred buildings though, so if I were you I would probably upgrade to preferred.
peanutandbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #891
disnut1149
DIS Veteran
 
disnut1149's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Broomall, PA
Posts: 2,422

Hi
Thanks everyone!! I'll probaby upgrade to preferred.
__________________
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #892
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran
 
catherines_mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Carolina Coastline
Posts: 1,719

Alrighty... So - I just booked for June 20 - 27. I got a great deal with the Buy4/Get 3 deal and I was really excited about it. My only is I didn't get POP. I just love POP and have stayed enough times that I feel very much at home there. ASMo, I've been to once for a quick weekend trip and don't really feel at home there.

I booked prefered b/c that is the only way I could get connecting rooms (2A,3C). I couldnt even get connecting rooms at ANY of the Mods JUST ASMo or ASSp. I have enjoyed reading this thread and feel MUCH better now about our stay. I'm still a bit leary about the busses and will definetly drive the car for the night we go to Poly for dinner to avoid the long bus ride with multiple stops.

Also after all the reading, I think we'll request 101 Dal. It looks quiet and close. Thanks again!
__________________
-Deedee P "just keep swimming.. just keep swimming.."
15 trips and counting...
Our family (39) (36) (12) (12) (8)
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #893
katybugsmom
DIS Veteran
 
katybugsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 977

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
Alrighty... So - I just booked for June 20 - 27. I got a great deal with the Buy4/Get 3 deal and I was really excited about it. My only is I didn't get POP. I just love POP and have stayed enough times that I feel very much at home there. ASMo, I've been to once for a quick weekend trip and don't really feel at home there.

I booked prefered b/c that is the only way I could get connecting rooms (2A,3C). I couldnt even get connecting rooms at ANY of the Mods JUST ASMo or ASSp. I have enjoyed reading this thread and feel MUCH better now about our stay. I'm still a bit leary about the busses and will definetly drive the car for the night we go to Poly for dinner to avoid the long bus ride with multiple stops.

Also after all the reading, I think we'll request 101 Dal. It looks quiet and close. Thanks again!
If it makes you feel any better we never had any issues with the buses last June. The only downside to our trip last year was the heat, but we're from the south, so we're used to it. Sad to say, but Mickey can't control that!!!!
__________________
DH 48 Me! 48 DD 14 and DS 8
8 trips and counting!!!!!
katybugsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #894
zdurfee
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 23

Fridge

Does anyone know whether the refrigerator at ASMo for medications is a large fridge or a very small one only large enough for the medication itself?
zdurfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #895
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran
 
SmallWorld71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastern Massachusetts
Posts: 4,771

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdurfee View Post
Does anyone know whether the refrigerator at ASMo for medications is a large fridge or a very small one only large enough for the medication itself?
When I posted this question a while back on the disABILITIES board, I got a mix of replies. Some people had gotten the small ones at WDW and some had gotten the standard one.
I requested one for our stay at Movies last August for my mother's meds. There was not one in the room when we arrived. However, when I called the desk and asked about it, they delivered us a standard sized one (while we were are the parks.) We were thrilled because we were able to use it for things besides her meds but I don't know if we just got lucky or not.
__________________
me DH DS18 DS15 DD11 Zeke Coco
SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #896
mom22bless
Mouseketeer
 
mom22bless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 185

We got back the 11th from AS Movies. It was really great. Our room was newly renovated and we were in the 101 Dal. building. At night DH and the kids fell asleep around 9 so I went walking around the different All Star resorts. Here are some pics from our room and the different resorts.

Bell services was really nice and the Mousekeeping did an excellent job. This might be TMI but one night DD scratched a boo boo on her leg and it bled a little onto the sheet and they noticed it and changed the sheets. It was really small too. I didn't notice any wear on the blankets or sheets. We always had plenty of towels and we didn't ever hear any noise. We were near the duck pond pool in the back.

I was very happy with Movies. When I was walking around, I found out we were close to the Music pool so we ended up going over there for swims since they had kids activities and movies.
DS got to play Mario Kart Wii so he was happy! You can use any pool in AllStars if you are staying in any of the 3.

It was perfect size for us, as we were gone from 8-5 most days. DH would rest and the kids and I would go to the kids activites, playgrounds, or swim. It was very relaxing.
























Last edited by mom22bless; 01-17-2009 at 11:55 PM.
mom22bless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:02 AM   #897
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran
If I had kept my fancy flyswatter I might be $50 richer!
Secretly I love Lucky Charms
 
Disneynutbsv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: white mountains of nh
Posts: 5,069

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing

What were the kids doing by the pool?
__________________
Brenda August, 2011-All Star Movies & Disney Dream, April, 2010-Disney Wonder, September, 2007-Pop Century, August, 2006-Port Orleans September, 2005-All Star Movies. 1994-2005-Off Site

DH Me DS dd DS

I'm the only one that hasn't outgrown Disney
Checking out Carnival Cruise line...
Disneynutbsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:05 AM   #898
katybugsmom
DIS Veteran
 
katybugsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 977

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22bless View Post
We got back the 11th from AS Movies. It was really great. Our room was newly renovated and we were in the 101 Dal. building. At night DH and the kids fell asleep around 9 so I went walking around the different All Star resorts. Here are some pics from our room and the different resorts.

Bell services was really nice and the Mousekeeping did an excellent job. This might be TMI but one night DD scratched a boo boo on her leg and it bled a little onto the sheet and they noticed it and changed the sheets. It was really small too. I didn't notice any wear on the blankets or sheets. We always had plenty of towels and we didn't ever hear any noise. We were near the duck pond pool in the back.

I was very happy with Movies. When I was walking around, I found out we were close to the Music pool so we ended up going over there for swims since they had kids activities and movies.
DS got to play Mario Kart Wii so he was happy! You can use any pool in AllStars if you are staying in any of the 3.

It was perfect size for us, as we were gone from 8-5 most days. DH would rest and the kids and I would go to the kids activites, playgrounds, or swim. It was very relaxing.























Thanks for the update! We hope to stay in Dalmatians as well!
__________________
DH 48 Me! 48 DD 14 and DS 8
8 trips and counting!!!!!
katybugsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #899
mom22bless
Mouseketeer
 
mom22bless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 185

They had a pool party everynight we were there. The played movies on that inflatable screen and Wii games. That had dance parties and DS was up there with the lifeguards doing the YMCA!
mom22bless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #900
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran
If I had kept my fancy flyswatter I might be $50 richer!
Secretly I love Lucky Charms
 
Disneynutbsv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: white mountains of nh
Posts: 5,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22bless View Post
They had a pool party everynight we were there. The played movies on that inflatable screen and Wii games. That had dance parties and DS was up there with the lifeguards doing the YMCA!
Oh how fun!!
__________________
Brenda August, 2011-All Star Movies & Disney Dream, April, 2010-Disney Wonder, September, 2007-Pop Century, August, 2006-Port Orleans September, 2005-All Star Movies. 1994-2005-Off Site

DH Me DS dd DS

I'm the only one that hasn't outgrown Disney
Checking out Carnival Cruise line...
Disneynutbsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: