Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #766
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Subscribing 'cause we may switch from Pop to this resort. We normally stay at the CBR but would like a change. Our main concerns are: room size, transportation and food court. We will be two adults and a 12 year old. Our stay will be 10 days/9 nights. We will drive our own car but want to rely on Disney transportation.

Will there be enough space for all three of us for this length of time? We are brining along a cooler for the drinks and snacks we bring from home.

I have heard that the All Stars resorts share transportation and that worries me a bit. What kind of travel times are normal?

We don't spend too much time at the resort but will have at least a day and a half of just relaxing around the resort and spend time at Downtown Disney. On those days, we will be eating at the resort food court for breakfast and lunch, possibly dinner. How is the food selection?

Thanks in advance!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #767
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I want to know these things too!! Also what is the name of the pool at Movies and what standard rooms/bldg is best for pool/foodcourt/buses . DD will want close to pool and food court for sure !! Would these be preferred rooms ?? Boy I have a lot of ?????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #768
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I want to know these things too!! Also what is the name of the pool at Movies and what standard rooms/bldg is best for pool/foodcourt/buses . DD will want close to pool and food court for sure !! Would these be preferred rooms ?? Boy I have a lot of ?????
Hello, the link below is to a map of the All Stars Movies. It will give you the different sections compared to distance from the CInema Hall (main lobby). The bus station, food, and main lobby can pretty much be all tied together as one building.

http://allears.net/acc/asmoviesmap.jpg

We want to be in the Toy Story sections (Buzz and Woody) because our kids are 3 and 4 and adore that movie. What I would do is this...and this is only what I am doing and doesn't mean anybody else has to. I have the request for this building (paying for preferred) I will also have this map printed out with the areas closest to Cinema hall of the Toy Story buildings. So I can ask them when I arrive if there are any rooms available there. Also, I have heard that they assign the rooms 5 days prior to arrival. So I will be faxing them my info and requests such as room location (perhaps even with the map with the rooms marked on them), bed rails for the kids, and the fact that we are celebrating their birthdays.

I know, sounds like I am uptight and a crank pot, but I am a very easy going person. But all of these requests just can't hurt kwim?

NOw, since you want to be near the main Fantasia Pool, I would recommend maybe building 5 or 8? Those are fantasia buildings. Just remember, if it is over looking the pool, you have a chance of hearing the noise. Also, we will be requesting a top floor. Nobody will be above us this way and that will reduce any potential noise. There is also a pool by the Mighty Ducks section, which isn't perferred and not as close to the Cinema Hall. But you could save $$ this way.

Ask all the questions you want, that is why we are all here
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
2008-Dec ASmo (started an addiction)
Honeystar120608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:31 PM   #769
RussellDisney
Contemporary tastes on an All Star budget!

Quote:
Here's some info I've posted before regarding standard sections in ASMo and it might help some budget-minded folks...

Mighty Ducks section is priced as standard, but is actually much closer to the main building/food/busses at Music than those same things at Movies. There are walkways too. As you approach Mighty Ducks from the main building at Movies, the MD pool is in the middle of the 2 MD buildings. Music's main building is directly behind this. Use the resort tab at the top of this page to check out the map of all of the All-Stars and you will see what I'm talking about, the lower left-hand corner shows how all three All-Stars are arranged in relation to each other. You can get a standard-price room with your own pool and laundry, yet still be within "preferred" distance to food and busses at Music.

Like my avatar? I took that pic!!

July 1978 - Offsite and hotter than blue-blazes
December 1993 - Offsite and perfect weather
September 2005 - All Star Movies, first trip with the wife and kids
December 2007 - Westgate Lakes Resort with me, DW, DD6, DS4 and two DFriends
Spring Break 2009 - Best trip ever at the Contemporary Resort - MK view! In fact, here's my Trip Report to prove it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2141348
RussellDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #770
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Subscribing 'cause we may switch from Pop to this resort. We normally stay at the CBR but would like a change. Our main concerns are: room size, transportation and food court. We will be two adults and a 12 year old. Our stay will be 10 days/9 nights. We will drive our own car but want to rely on Disney transportation.

Will there be enough space for all three of us for this length of time? We are brining along a cooler for the drinks and snacks we bring from home.

I have heard that the All Stars resorts share transportation and that worries me a bit. What kind of travel times are normal?

We don't spend too much time at the resort but will have at least a day and a half of just relaxing around the resort and spend time at Downtown Disney. On those days, we will be eating at the resort food court for breakfast and lunch, possibly dinner. How is the food selection?

Thanks in advance!
Hello! We have switched resorts so many times. First we had AS movies. We wanted Pop, but just wanted to be sure we had a value resort booked. Then we were able to get Pop. So great! Then I thought, we should splurge and go with Med. They got us in with CBR, then I thought CSR would be better. Well, $500 more for med. I said fine. Then I did some digging recently and if we pushed out vacation back one week we could save $550 by the change in week and by going to AS mo. ACK! I must say, I have done research on all but CBR. Our top pick that the kids would love is the one we have now, AS mo. The ONLY problem being the kiddie pool, and as you mentioned, they do share buses. ASmo is the last to get picked up. However, we are ok with this because we are going *thus far* at what seems to be a really slow period. So much so they are offering free dining in DEC! Just not to general public (YET!!).
Besides that, the rooms at Pop and ASmo I believe are the same. ANd I don't think there is a huge difference between these and CBR. You will get 2 dbl beds, and coolers can always be placed somewhere out of the way. (which with a value resort will come in handy... no small refrigerator) There ice machines at the end of each hall way I think. There are elevators as well.
Uhmmm, those are the only things off the top of my brain. Your tickers says 10 more months. So that would make it July or Aug? Honestly, my opinion only... if it is during that sort of dull hurricane season where they are trying to get people in. I would stay at ASmo. If it's a busier season, I would pick Pop for the bus issue. Also, Pop has frozen sodas available with your refillable mug. I have yet to see if ASmo offers this.
Ok, holly Novel! Hope this helps you out some.
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
Old 09-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #771
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellDisney View Post
Here's some info I've posted before regarding standard sections in ASMo and it might help some budget-minded folks...

Mighty Ducks section is priced as standard, but is actually much closer to the main building/food/busses at Music than those same things at Movies. There are walkways too. As you approach Mighty Ducks from the main building at Movies, the MD pool is in the middle of the 2 MD buildings. Music's main building is directly behind this. Use the resort tab at the top of this page to check out the map of all of the All-Stars and you will see what I'm talking about, the lower left-hand corner shows how all three All-Stars are arranged in relation to each other. You can get a standard-price room with your own pool and laundry, yet still be within "preferred" distance to food and busses at Music.
Great tip about the Mighty Ducks section!
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
Old 09-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #772
bwatlas
Mouseketeer

waiting here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMom View Post
From what I understand it has not been refurbished. We will be there in a week so I can let you know when I get back.
Do, please, let us know!
bwatlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:11 PM   #773
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I like th MD idea as not only is that a standard room it has a pool and is closer to ASMU bustops and foodcourt. The big issue is the buses !! I am seeing very mixed oppinions on this . Some say you don't share others say you do,some say buses are awful some say they are fine !! vERY CONFUSING !!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 09-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #774
aladams2
DIS Veteran

We're joining the stay at Movies!! We were going in Jan and staying at POP. But we could save almost $500 going for free dining in Dec. We just need to switch resorts. So here we are. I've stayed at Sports before (10 yrs ago) and also nervous about the buses. I think we are going to request Toy Story, my girls like it and my DH loves the army men. Any advise before we go? We saw the free dining this morning and just decided it would be worth our while to rebook and save $$$!!! So I've been on the Dis all day and watching the Disney marathon on the Travel channel. Oh yeah, it's a surprise for my DD 5 and 7!!! Merry Christmas girls!
Molly 8

2012 Coronado Springs
2008 Pop Century
1997 All Star Sports
1992 Off-Property
aladams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:00 PM   #775
anne0866
Mouseketeer

Here's a silly question for all of you experts out there.
We have only stayed at POp in the past. we are leaving (in 2days to be exact) and we will be staying at All Star Movies. we are really looking forward to it. Just love all of the Disney theming.
Back to my question....
I know POp has a frozen coke and frozen blue drink machine?
I know AS Movies does not have the frozen cole...but does it have the frzen blue drink or anuy other frozen drink?

Thanks, our son loves those frozen drinks!

DVC Villas at the Grand Floridian - Member Since Sept 2013

First DVC trip - AKV Kidani - Dec 15-25, 2013

DisMom(47): DisDad(42); and DisSon (12)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
anne0866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #776
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne0866 View Post
We have only stayed at POp in the past. we are leaving (in 2days to be exact) and we will be staying at All Star Movies. we are really looking forward to it. Just love all of the Disney theming.
Back to my question....
I know AS Movies does not have the frozen cole...but does it have the frzen blue drink or anuy other frozen drink?

I heard that there weren't any frozen drinks outside of POP, but I have never been. So not too sure!

Did you get the free dining via email or visa member? Just wondering if it has hit general public yet. Im waiting...and waiting...and waiting. I want it so badly! lol
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
Old 09-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #777
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne0866 View Post
Back to my question....

Let me know how thw buses are !! That is my biggest concern with Movies .I think I will request Mighty Ducks as it is standard rooms , has a small pool and is not far from Music's foodcourt and buses !! Tip I learnt today on the Dis !!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 09-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #778
aladams2
DIS Veteran

Did you get the free dining via email or visa member? Just wondering if it has hit general public yet. Im waiting...and waiting...and waiting. I want it so badly! lol[/QUOTE]

I just saw it on the Dis boards and called and asked about it and since I had a Visa card they said ok. I didn't even give them the code. Don't know if that is the norm or not. My first time booking!!
Molly 8

2012 Coronado Springs
2008 Pop Century
1997 All Star Sports
1992 Off-Property
aladams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #779
anne0866
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeystar120608 View Post
I heard that there weren't any frozen drinks outside of POP, but I have never been. So not too sure!

Did you get the free dining via email or visa member? Just wondering if it has hit general public yet. Im waiting...and waiting...and waiting. I want it so badly! lol
Thanks for your quick reply.
We actually booked the free dining back in April.
I have not heard/seen that the Visa offer has been extended to the general public.
I guess you could apply online for the Disney Visa & then possibly be able to book it. Just a thought.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:17 PM   #780
anne0866
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Let me know how thw buses are !! That is my biggest concern with Movies .I think I will request Mighty Ducks as it is standard rooms , has a small pool and is not far from Music's foodcourt and buses !! Tip I learnt today on the Dis !!
The busses is my biggest concern about Movies also. Our previous trips at POP were great - but there was no availability when we booked and my hubby wanted to try something new. I will definitely post about our trip when we return.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: