Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #736
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallWorld71 View Post
I believe Mighty Ducks and Love Bug are standard.
Yes, and Toy Story and Dalmations are standard as well. (Fantasia is the preferred section.)

Here's a chart showing preferred/standard locations and the layout of the buildings and rooms at all of the All Star Resorts if you want to bookmark it.

http://allears.net/acc/as_layout.htm
Old 09-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #737
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Yes, and Toy Story and Dalmations are standard as well. (Fantasia is the preferred section.)

Here's a chart showing preferred/standard locations and the layout of the buildings and rooms at all of the All Star Resorts if you want to bookmark it.

http://allears.net/acc/as_layout.htm
Toy Story and Dlamations are Preferred Buildings.
All Star Movies 08/07
Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 9/03
Disney Magic 3 Night Cruise 9/99
Polynesian Resort 9/99
xnascar2x is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #738
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnascar2x View Post
Toy Story and Dlamations are Preferred Buildings.
Well gosh, if that's the case, I think allearsnet.com needs to update their info!
Old 09-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #739
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran

This is from wdwinfo.com:

The Fantasia, Toy Story and 101 Dalmations sections are considered "preferred" and are higher priced. Those who prefer a lower traffic, quieter area, should request the Love Bug buildings. Guests staying in the Mighty Ducks buildings may find it closer to catch the bus at the stop in front of the All Star Music Resort’s Melody Hall.
All Star Movies 08/07
Polynesian Resort 9/99
Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #740
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwatlas View Post
We're doing our first cruise 3-1-09 and it too is for my 40th! Am so glad we made this decision.
I am looking forward to that very much. Not so much the WDW vaca with WHOLE family. But am curious for any and all information I can find on the ASMo, as I guess that's where the decision has been made to stay.
And see your from Ohio, and knowing how March weather can be up here (I'm from PA), yes, we're going down night before.

What a coincidence. When is your b-day? Mine is acutally Valentines day, but that week is higher in price. The next week is SIL b-day and her and my DH work together, so I don;t want to step on there toes if they want to go out or whatever. She turned 40 last year and they really didn't do anything, so if we dod go, I'm sure she is going to be mad about it anyways. Her DH is 10 times worse than mine, and they never go anywhere for long.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #741
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Well gosh, if that's the case, I think allearsnet.com needs to update their info!
I didn't know Toy Story was preferred until I called to book our trip for Jan 09. We requested Toy Story and are paying for the preferred location. I REALLY hope they fulfill that request as my 4 yr old is a huge Toy Story fan! I've heard lots of people say that they put in a request for a specific building but that they don't get it. Hopefully it's less crowded in Jan and they'll hold to it!

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #742
SplashMtnCrew
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone!

We are in the process of planning a girls only weekend trip in Nov to celebrate my mom's 57th bday
We were able to get a preferred room at ASMo w/ 2day base tickets for $500 I think that's a super deal! I do have a few questions about ASMo because I've never stayed in a value resort before. I know you all have probably answered all these questions before, but I didn't seem to find them as I 'scrolled' through the thread. Are there fridges and coffee pots in the all of the rooms? And, what is going on with all of this 'bed bug' talk at the All Star resorts? I'm actually considering changing to CSR for $125 more just to avoid the bed bug thing. My understanding is that bed bugs have been reported at all of the All Stars, CBR and POR.
CSR 11/2008, Poly~ Club Level 1/2009, POFQ 5/2010 & 10/2010, POP 10/2011, CBR 2/2013, POP 7/2014

SplashMtnCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #743
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hey Splash!

Bed bugs can happen anywhere at anytime. I'm not sure why all the reports all the sudden. Just read up on the facts about bed bugs and take a flashlight and inspect the mattress when you get there (before you unpack). That's what we have done ever since they were reported at POFQ the week before we stayed there. Luckily we've never had a problem!

Good luck deciding on where to stay!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #744
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if ASMo has elevators in the buildings?

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #745
SplashMtnCrew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Hey Splash!

Bed bugs can happen anywhere at anytime. I'm not sure why all the reports all the sudden. Just read up on the facts about bed bugs and take a flashlight and inspect the mattress when you get there (before you unpack). That's what we have done ever since they were reported at POFQ the week before we stayed there. Luckily we've never had a problem!

Good luck deciding on where to stay!
Hey Shelly!
What are you doing here?
I agree, bed bugs can happen anywhere at anytime. I don't think we'd be hearing about all of this bed bug thing if not for the DIS. I really want to stay at ASMo...I'm looking forward to it and my mom is excited too about staying there too. I guess I need to stop reading the bed bug threads It's like reading towel animal threads from people who didn't get any
CSR 11/2008, Poly~ Club Level 1/2009, POFQ 5/2010 & 10/2010, POP 10/2011, CBR 2/2013, POP 7/2014

SplashMtnCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #746
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMtnCrew View Post
Hey Shelly!
What are you doing here?
I agree, bed bugs can happen anywhere at anytime. I don't think we'd be hearing about all of this bed bug thing if not for the DIS. I really want to stay at ASMo...I'm looking forward to it and my mom is excited too about staying there too. I guess I need to stop reading the bed bug threads It's like reading towel animal threads from people who didn't get any
I subscribed to this thread awhile back when we were planning on staying at ASMo in January. But then they only had preferred rooms left when I called. Anyway, you know the whole story and now I'm staying at CBR. But we may still stay at ASMo sometime in the future. So I hang around here lurking from time to time!!

Seriously, don't worry about the whole bedbug thing! Just be sure to inspect first like I said! We will do that if we are staying at a value, moderate or a deluxe!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #747
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Does anyone know if ASMo has elevators in the buildings?
Yes there are elevators.
All Star Movies 08/07
Polynesian Resort 9/99
Old 09-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #748
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

We just spent 9 nights at asmovies. We did not have a problem with the bed bugs and we were there from 8-29 thru 9-7. We were in the dalmations building. We didn't have any complaints with the resort at all. The only thing we have a complaint about was the buses. That will keep us from staying there again. We were actually offered bounceback and have booked again for next september with free dining but are bouncing back at pop century. But the resort itself NO PROBLEMS!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #749
jennykay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMtnCrew View Post
Hello Everyone!

We are in the process of planning a girls only weekend trip in Nov to celebrate my mom's 57th bday
We were able to get a preferred room at ASMo w/ 2day base tickets for $500 I think that's a super deal! I do have a few questions about ASMo because I've never stayed in a value resort before. I know you all have probably answered all these questions before, but I didn't seem to find them as I 'scrolled' through the thread. Are there fridges and coffee pots in the all of the rooms? And, what is going on with all of this 'bed bug' talk at the All Star resorts? I'm actually considering changing to CSR for $125 more just to avoid the bed bug thing. My understanding is that bed bugs have been reported at all of the All Stars, CBR and POR.
At the value resorts, fridges are available for an extra fee (approx. $10 a night) and no coffee pots. That's one reason to get a preferred room - not only closer to the buses, but closer to the coffee! (I've been known to walk into public places in my pj's and bed head for coffee.)

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century

Last edited by jennykay; 09-10-2008 at 08:06 PM.
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #750
carmiedog
needs more kool-aid

Can anyone please poinpoint on the resort map where these guys (er...ducks) are?
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx...SMovies&resort

While I'm at it, are there any good aerial maps showing where all the "stuff" is?

Last edited by carmiedog; 09-10-2008 at 08:19 PM.
carmiedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: