Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2005, 03:35 PM   #61
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP
I've found the newer you are, the more planning that needs to be done

You'll find the Movies bldgs closer to services on average than the Music (which is a lot deeper)

The one exception is the Mighty Ducks, which is actually closer to the Music Bus Stop than the Movies Bus Stop.
**** I saw CoP for the first time 4/12/05 2:43pm ****
Stephen's Ultimate Collection of Disney Links
ChairborneRangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:09 PM   #62
CindyCan
DIS Vet really since 1997

We've stayed at ASMo twice, so I would think I didn't have any questions...however:

On the map of the floorplan/room locations, it states "Rooms noted in a different colour are the king rooms for the buildings that have them."

Does anyone happen to know WHICH buildings have them? I know MD does (we've stayed in one), and was told by a CM that TS doesn't (we stayed in Woody with 2 doubles).

And, just a comment: we found that the TS buildings were almost as far from everything as the MD buildings. Dalmations is much closer to the food court, etc than TS is (from our perspective!).

Thanks for putting all this info together! It's awesome!
CindyCan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2005, 04:54 PM   #63
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP
I've found the newer you are, the more planning that needs to be done

The print must have been too small. Here is the bigger version of the map. Read on the right hand side.

**** I saw CoP for the first time 4/12/05 2:43pm ****
Stephen's Ultimate Collection of Disney Links
ChairborneRangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:01 PM   #64
leanne11
Always remember to use the net to store your loose items on the MIB ride

pls. tell me more about the mcdonalds..

we will not have a car and my son is a mcd's pancake addict i used to bus to downtown disney to get them there and then go to the parks, but if i could walk over and pick them up across the street, great is it a busy street? did you happen to notice when brkfst time stops? also do they have a microwave and toaster in the food court to warm up foods, like mara in ak?also did they have refrig's(charge)? thanks

NEW PRINCE --SEPT /09
leanne11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:42 PM   #65
DisneyFreq
Do you believe in fairies? If you believe, clap your hands!

Red face Thanks...and I know some answers (I think)

Thanks for all the info ranger...I have to say I think you've answered all my quetions. My kids are watching Toy Story and 101 Dalmations, trying to decide which one to stay in (our first family WDW resort experience....DEC 05...can't wait!!!). My priority has always been to be near the bustop and I was worried that the preferred buildings were closer. At least now I have it narrowed down to Pongo and Buzz!

Someone asked the cost of laundry. I read on another thread that its $2 to wash and $2 to dry.

Also, best place for a toddler? Never been to ASM but I've had toddlers and we ALWAYS request ground level corner room when we stay at a hotel(b/c you only have 1-2 walls shared instead of 2-3). Of course, I've heard this resort is WELL insulated so that part isn't a problem. After a long day in the park...the younger ones are going to appreciate less steps...or you will if you're the one hauling them up! When I was a kid I stayed at AS Sports. I remember the elevator was slow and half way down the building and our room was on the thrid floor next to the stairs so we always took the stairs. You may want to request a room next to the elevator if you can't get a ground floor room.

Oh and someone asked about fridges? I've read on other threads there is an additional $10-15 per night fee for the use and one person said theirs froze milk/juice and turned out to be a waste. I recommend you freeze a milk jug full of water and add it to your ice chest. Then add ice from the ice machine every day as needed....the jug usually stays frozen all week! I plan to bring cereal, disposable spoons and bowls, and fresh fruit. Then I'll run down to the counter service place and pick up milk and coffee each morning. I plan to only use the ice chest for non perishable drinks....but now that I've heard about the refillable mugs...I may not even bring an ice chest this trip~!
Mar 2013 All Stars Sports Surf's Up Sept 2012 POFQ Oct 2010/11 Dolphin Jun 2010: Fort Wilderness Loop 300 Feb 2010: Coronado Springs Casitas Nov 2009: Orange Lake Resort Sep 2009: Pop Century 50s Sep 2007: Caribbean Beach Resort Barbados Oct 2006: All Stars Movies Love Bug May 2006: All Stars Sports Surf's Up/ Music Rock Inn Dec 2005: Pop Century 70s Feb 2001: Timeshare Feb 2000: Shades of Green May 1999: Travelodge Suites E Gate Orange

DisneyFreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:59 PM   #66
mannasn
Punk rock mama
Thinks Toad Sweat on ice cream is to die for!

So what is the difference, if any/much, in what they call a "preferred" and a "standard" room?
mannasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:49 AM   #67
DisneyFreq
Do you believe in fairies? If you believe, clap your hands!

From what I can see the only differnce is location. Preferred refers to the two FANTASIA buildings and they have views of the pool or courtyard. Plus they're right up front next to entrance/cafateria. I think for the extra $10 you're basically guaranteed not to have a view of the parking lot. According to chairbornerangr, the extra is not worth it b/c the dalmations/toystory are just as close and you don't have to deal with all the noise/commotion of the pool!
Mar 2013 All Stars Sports Surf's Up Sept 2012 POFQ Oct 2010/11 Dolphin Jun 2010: Fort Wilderness Loop 300 Feb 2010: Coronado Springs Casitas Nov 2009: Orange Lake Resort Sep 2009: Pop Century 50s Sep 2007: Caribbean Beach Resort Barbados Oct 2006: All Stars Movies Love Bug May 2006: All Stars Sports Surf's Up/ Music Rock Inn Dec 2005: Pop Century 70s Feb 2001: Timeshare Feb 2000: Shades of Green May 1999: Travelodge Suites E Gate Orange

DisneyFreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:00 PM   #68
Magalex
DIS Veteran

Question about a certain week

We were at POP the last week of April this year and enjoyed it. But I would love to take a small 4 day trip 2006 at the same time to ASMO(my DS will be 5). But I did read a review somewhere that a family didn't like that the grads from grad nights took over the pool. Has anyone stayed at ASMO during grad nights? Did you have any problems? I thought the grads didn't stay on-site.
I would love for my DS to experience ASMO.

Magalex
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:32 PM   #69
verchad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magalex
We were at POP the last week of April this year and enjoyed it. But I would love to take a small 4 day trip 2006 at the same time to ASMO(my DS will be 5). But I did read a review somewhere that a family didn't like that the grads from grad nights took over the pool. Has anyone stayed at ASMO during grad nights? Did you have any problems? I thought the grads didn't stay on-site.
I would love for my DS to experience ASMO.

Magalex
From what I've seen of teen behavior on a recent trip, they will "take over" no matter how many of them there are. Just this July stayed at a hotel with a smaller size indoor pool ( 15' x 25' ). My wife and 5yr old were in the pool at the shallow end. The jr high and teens showed up. Within 5 minutes they were cannonballing into the pool and not just at the deep end. One practically jumped over my daughter to dive into the pool. With this small number like this, I could only imagine what a large number would do at a bigger pool like the Fantasia one. You might be safe in the shallow parts but you never know.
Oct. 2004 @ All Star Movies - GREAT!
June 2007 Won an Alamo.com trip @ Grand Floridian and 2 Extra days @ Pop Century
Now planning for Dec. 2009 @ All Star Movies, Music, or Pop Century
verchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:45 PM   #70
Mickeygirl
Mouseketeer

Do you know if Love Bug bldgs are smoking or non smoking I have bad allergies and need non smoking

Thanks for the info

Mickeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 12:39 AM   #71
Lizzybee
Perpetually Earning my Ears

I just wanted to thank you for such great info! I just booked a trip with a stay at ASMovies for this August and was looking for a way to get a feel for what it's like and I found this thread!!!
Lizzybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #72
greattenchi
Mouseketeer

anyone have pictures what of the rooms in the fanatasia section of ASM look like?
greattenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #73
Mzwalruz
Earning My Ears

Video Arcade - Tickets for prizes?

Hi everyone! Love this thread!

My daughter is a maniac when it comes to arcade games and earning tickets to exchange for prizes. She is insisting we stay at Pop Century because they have a huge arcade and tons of games, tickets and prizes.

We'd really like to stay at ASMo this time to get away from the crowds of people waiting for Pop's buses late night. Can anyone tell me about the video arcade at ASMo? Can you compare it to Pop's arcade?

Also, does anyone know what bus stop ASMo is at MK? I recall that Pop was always the LAST bus at the end of the row. Wouldn't it be great to select the All Star resort with the first bus stop? I seem to recall that Sports is first one at MK. Does anyone else get this picky???? LOL

Thanks a million for your help!

~Wendy.....planning trip #17!
Mzwalruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 01:57 AM   #74
Disney's Fab 4
Luv'n The House Of Mouse!

Thanx!

Thank you.... We are heading off to the ALL STAR Movies in October and can hardly wait....

We went 2 years ago and stayed at the ALL STAR Sports...That was nice too!!! The Movies was my 1st choice last time and this time I was determined to go there!!!!

You actually gave more info than any WDW book I have....(And I am sure I have them all!!!) We requested a Toy Story Building.... Hopefully it will be BUZZ... But aren't the 2 Toy Story buildings close to each other?
Disney's Fab 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:44 PM   #75
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Smoking buildings

Does anyone know which buildings have smoking rooms? Thanks

tinknme is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: