Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #2806
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsGaston View Post
We're staying at the All-Star Movies at the end of June and I'm not sure what I should put as my "preference" for when I do the online check-in. I'm thinking of doing Mighty Ducks because it is closest to All-Star Music, but should we be doing rooms at Toy Story or Fantasia instead if they are preferred? We're bringing my niece & nephew along, too, so themeing is definitely playing a part in our decision, but walking distance to the bus/quick service area is also a big deal!
If you reserved a standard room, then yes I'd choose Mighty Ducks because it's so close to Music too. (Love Bug is the other choice for standard rooms.)

If you're paying for preferred, then I'd also recommend Toy Story as above.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #2807
rKrispyt
Earning My Ears

So this is my second time planning a Disney trip, last was in 2010 and we were in a moderate resort with less choices.

We are in ASM for November and got the reservation through a former student of mine who is now a Cast Member. They only had preferred rooms available for this resort, but as she did the reservation herself I am not sure what she put for a preference.

Should I call now to insure the preference is Toy Story (bldg. 10 if it gets that specific)? I don't see a way to check it online in my Disney experience. Should I wait until closer to the trip to call and request? In the past I have not had to make any requests of this nature so I'm not sure of the timing on it.

rKrispyt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2014, 12:02 AM   #2808
Ilovemyprincesses
DIS Veteran

Is the fridge really small? I am looking to get yogurt for the mornings and put a few drinks in there.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #2809
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemyprincesses View Post
Is the fridge really small? I am looking to get yogurt for the mornings and put a few drinks in there.
Here you go. This is actually from All Star Sports, but it's the same size as the fridges at Movies.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showpho...oom-0/cat/1589
Old 06-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #2810
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rKrispyt View Post
Should I call now to insure the preference is Toy Story (bldg. 10 if it gets that specific)? I don't see a way to check it online in my Disney experience. Should I wait until closer to the trip to call and request? In the past I have not had to make any requests of this nature so I'm not sure of the timing on it.
You can call to add your section or building request if you want, or you if you're able to use online check-in, you'll be able to select Toy Story as a section request at that time. Online check-in is available at 60 days prior to arrival.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #2811
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know the June movie schedule?
Old 06-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #2812
Dazmorbus
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsGaston View Post
We're staying at the All-Star Movies at the end of June and I'm not sure what I should put as my "preference" for when I do the online check-in. I'm thinking of doing Mighty Ducks because it is closest to All-Star Music, but should we be doing rooms at Toy Story or Fantasia instead if they are preferred? We're bringing my niece & nephew along, too, so themeing is definitely playing a part in our decision, but walking distance to the bus/quick service area is also a big deal!
Dont know why staying close to the All Star Music would be a preference, but can tell you I just got back from a week at the All-Star Movies (Herbie, Love Bug). It was at most a 5 minute walk to the pool, and dining building. Just a minute or 2 past that to catch the shuttles to the different parks.

My sister was staying across at the Fantasia themed building, and both our rooms where 100% identical. No difference in color or theme. Both has a border consisting of Mighty Ducks, Fantasia, Herbie, 101 Dalmations logos.

I was glad to be just far enough away from the pool, because I passed by a few times, and it was loaded with screaming teens on their school trips.
Dazmorbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:20 AM   #2813
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmorbus View Post
Dont know why staying close to the All Star Music would be a preference.
If they're not in a Preferred room it's better to be in some parts of Mighty Ducks because it's closer to Music's food court and bus stop than Herbie is to Movies food court and bus stop.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #2814
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Sports food court remodel was last year. Music remodel is this year. Do you think that Movies will be next year? Plan on booking bounceback in Sept for next year (hoping they offer it) and may have to consider a different resort if the food court is closed.

1973 Off Site - 1979 Cont - 1990 CBR/Cont - 1991 CBR - 1992 CBR - 1993 POR- 1994 ASSp - 1995 ASSp - 1996 ASMu - 1997 ASMo - 1998 DL/ASSp - 2002 Pop/ASMo - 2003 ASMo- 2004 ASMo - 2005 ASMo -2006 ASMo- 2007 ASSp - 2008 ASMo - 2009 ASMo - 2010 ASMo - 2011 ASMo - 2012 ASMo -2013 ASMo - 2014 ASMo - 2015 ASMo
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #2815
rKrispyt
Earning My Ears

I'm a little confused, are refrigerators in every room or must they be requested and do they come at an additional cost? I asked via the chat on the Disney site and the CM assured me repeatedly that every room of every Disney resort came with a refrigerator, even All Star Movies, but I see on the initial informational post of this thread it is at a charge and must be requested. Does anyone know the current cost of a refrigerator?

Old 06-09-2014, 08:37 AM   #2816
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rKrispyt
I'm a little confused, are refrigerators in every room or must they be requested and do they come at an additional cost? I asked via the chat on the Disney site and the CM assured me repeatedly that every room of every Disney resort came with a refrigerator, even All Star Movies, but I see on the initial informational post of this thread it is at a charge and must be requested. Does anyone know the current cost of a refrigerator?
They added fridges to all resort rooms a couple yrs ago. So it is now included in the cost of the room. The first page was posted in 2004 at that time it was a fee. I know at pop it was $15 when they did charge. Glad its included now.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #2817
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
They added fridges to all resort rooms a couple yrs ago. So it is now included in the cost of the room. The first page was posted in 2004 at that time it was a fee. I know at pop it was $15 when they did charge. Glad its included now.
There was also an issue where the existing refrigerators were recalled, so during that time many rooms didn't have refrigerators, and if you needed one for medical needs you could request one. But at this point I believe all the recalled refrigerators have been replaced.
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #2818
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone know the June movie schedule?
Here's a link to the full activities listings as a PDF, including the movie schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
Sports food court remodel was last year. Music remodel is this year. Do you think that Movies will be next year? Plan on booking bounceback in Sept for next year (hoping they offer it) and may have to consider a different resort if the food court is closed.
Good question -- I found the Movies food court to be significantly different than the (old) Sports and current Music food courts, so I wonder if it's due for a refurb next year, and if so, how extensive it would be.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #2819
rKrispyt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
There was also an issue where the existing refrigerators were recalled, so during that time many rooms didn't have refrigerators, and if you needed one for medical needs you could request one. But at this point I believe all the recalled refrigerators have been replaced.
Thank you both so much!

Old 06-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #2820
rsbh00
Earning My Ears

Hi! I booked today for Nov. 15-22 and we are staying at ASMovies. We have only been once before and stayed at POP and wanted to stay there again but they had no more rooms let for the free dining promotion so we decided to stay here. It is me, my DH, DD14 and DD10 and we can't wait to go back to WDW so we aren't really too picky about where we stay. We are also traveling with another family and we all love Disney movies so we are sure we will love the theme of this resort. I am going to try to do all the research I can so that we are familiar with this resort before we go.
We have a standard room booked so which building should we ask for to be close to transportation/food court?
rsbh00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: