Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #2791
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
So, ALL of Toy Story and Dalmations are preferred?
The only reliable working info I know is that Toy Story, 101 Dalmatians, and Fantasia are preferred, with Love Bug and Mighty Ducks standard.

As to the "all" part, one day on this thread someone posted that parts of Toy Story and Dalmatians may have standard rooms that can be assigned, but I have not been able to double-check that information anywhere else.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #2792
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
The only reliable working info I know is that Toy Story, 101 Dalmatians, and Fantasia are preferred, with Love Bug and Mighty Ducks standard.

As to the "all" part, one day on this thread someone posted that parts of Toy Story and Dalmatians may have standard rooms that can be assigned, but I have not been able to double-check that information anywhere else.
I have never seen the statement about Standard rooms in Toy Story and Dalmatians corroborated. As far as I know all of Love Bug and all of Mighty Ducks are Standard rooms, everything else is Preferred.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #2793
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Have you tried Google Earth? I have found that very helpful when I need a "real life" view of Disney property. You can zoom in pretty close and get a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Either building is fine. I was in building 3.

When you're at the Music bus stop, you can see building 2 of Movies to your right (as you're facing a bus). But I'd recommend your first use of the Music bus stop should be going to a park, not coming back. Then you'll have a better idea how the locations relate to where your room is.

As suggested above, getting a satellite Google map of All-Star Movies can help see just how close the Ducks buildings are to the Music buildings.

Apparently yesterday my head cold got the best of me, cuz I totally found the map now.. LOL But I will have to check out google earth (I hate to admit I've NEVER used it before, so the first time for something Disney is great )

We arrive late on a Monday (land at 630, hotel at 730) so I figure I would get the kids settled and then just take a little walk and figure it out. We won't be hitting the park until the morning so we have a bit of time.

Thanks for you help

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #2794
cteddiesgirl
Not invisible to the Tag Fairy. :)
My poll probably has more choices
Yep. I'm a real dork

Location: 970 miles from WDW and 2070 miles from DLR in Indy, IN :(

Quick question. I've looked at the tv channels for the resorts and am not totally impressed with the lineup. I know there is wi-fi available. Would be useful to take my roku? Or is the wi-fi too spotty for that?

Fight hate and Promote Tolerance. www.Tolerance.org www.goodbearsoftheworld.org www.pbs.org
WDW in '72 (in the womb), '75, '76, '78,'79,'83,'89 (offsite), '97 CBR, '14 ASMu.
cteddiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #2795
Amanda999
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cteddiesgirl View Post
Quick question. I've looked at the tv channels for the resorts and am not totally impressed with the lineup. I know there is wi-fi available. Would be useful to take my roku? Or is the wi-fi too spotty for that?
I don't have a definitive answer (don't even know if you can hook up a Roku), but FWIW: other than morning, my sons never have sufficient wifi bandwidth (if that is the word) to stream youtube or other video in any onsite resort we've stayed at. And, they try to do this every evening, every trip, for years. Just too many people using the wifi in the evening I guess. (I've never had a problem reading text pages - news - on my ipad, though. Just the video streaming/downloading doesn't work or 'spins' for a long time.)
Amanda999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #2796
cteddiesgirl
Not invisible to the Tag Fairy. :)
My poll probably has more choices
Yep. I'm a real dork

Location: 970 miles from WDW and 2070 miles from DLR in Indy, IN :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda999 View Post
I don't have a definitive answer (don't even know if you can hook up a Roku), but FWIW: other than morning, my sons never have sufficient wifi bandwidth (if that is the word) to stream youtube or other video in any onsite resort we've stayed at. And, they try to do this every evening, every trip, for years. Just too many people using the wifi in the evening I guess. (I've never had a problem reading text pages - news - on my ipad, though. Just the video streaming/downloading doesn't work or 'spins' for a long time.)
OK. Thanks. That about what I thought.

Fight hate and Promote Tolerance. www.Tolerance.org www.goodbearsoftheworld.org www.pbs.org
WDW in '72 (in the womb), '75, '76, '78,'79,'83,'89 (offsite), '97 CBR, '14 ASMu.
cteddiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #2797
Disneytwinsmom
DIS Veteran

So excited!

Just booked All Star Movies for Nov 19-24th, sort of a last minute thing since we are going to Aulani in August. I have stayed at ASM before and loved it and I thought my twins who love Toy Story would enjoy it!
Disneytwinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #2798
dreamerkath
Earning My Ears

Anyone know if there are King bed rooms in the Toy Story buildings ? We are 2 adults going, and would much prefer a King bed (BF is 6'2... needs lots of space!). BF is also a huge Buzz Lightyear fan and as this will be his first trip to Disney World, so I want to make it extra special. We are going Sept. 2 - 10, I have not booked a preferred room... Hoping for an upgrade at check-in, or else I will pay the difference to surprise him !

Our next adventure !

| Walt Disney World - All Star Music Resort - 2012 | Disneyland Paris - Davy Crockett Ranch - 2013 | Walt Disney World - All Star Sports - 2014 |
dreamerkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #2799
kristidiaz1
Earning My Ears

I know I've read that there is a microwave to use in the food court, but somehow I missed it last fall when we stayed. Can anyone tell me what area of the food court it's in? Can't believe I could've missed it. Thanks!
kristidiaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #2800
Mrs Lapo
Mouseketeer

So I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but I just want to clarify.. If I don't spend another $10 per night for a preferred room then we will have a standard room. And the only standard rooms are herbie & mighty ducks?? Is that right?? My kids have no clue who they are but I REALLY don't want to spend another $80 just for a better themed room... Ugh 😔

Mrs Lapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #2801
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Lapo View Post
So I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but I just want to clarify.. If I don't spend another $10 per night for a preferred room then we will have a standard room. And the only standard rooms are herbie & mighty ducks?? Is that right?? My kids have no clue who they are but I REALLY don't want to spend another $80 just for a better themed room... Ugh 😔
Correct, the standard room section at Movies are Mighty Ducks and Love Bug. I agree with you about saving the money.

I'd suggest requesting the Mighty Ducks section as you are so close to All-Star Music (buses, food court, and main pool) you can take advantage of both resorts if you want.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #2802
jk2006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristidiaz1 View Post
I know I've read that there is a microwave to use in the food court, but somehow I missed it last fall when we stayed. Can anyone tell me what area of the food court it's in? Can't believe I could've missed it. Thanks!
When we were there in September there were 2 microwaves...one near the bar closer to the pool area door, one back behind the ice cream area. Hope that makes sense!
jk2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #2803
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Lapo View Post
So I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but I just want to clarify.. If I don't spend another $10 per night for a preferred room then we will have a standard room. And the only standard rooms are herbie & mighty ducks?? Is that right?? My kids have no clue who they are but I REALLY don't want to spend another $80 just for a better themed room... Ugh ��
To me that money is more than worth it to get closer to the main building and the theming,but that is just me.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #2804
MrsGaston
Earning My Ears

We're staying at the All-Star Movies at the end of June and I'm not sure what I should put as my "preference" for when I do the online check-in. I'm thinking of doing Mighty Ducks because it is closest to All-Star Music, but should we be doing rooms at Toy Story or Fantasia instead if they are preferred? We're bringing my niece & nephew along, too, so themeing is definitely playing a part in our decision, but walking distance to the bus/quick service area is also a big deal!
MrsGaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #2805
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsGaston View Post
We're staying at the All-Star Movies at the end of June and I'm not sure what I should put as my "preference" for when I do the online check-in. I'm thinking of doing Mighty Ducks because it is closest to All-Star Music, but should we be doing rooms at Toy Story or Fantasia instead if they are preferred? We're bringing my niece & nephew along, too, so themeing is definitely playing a part in our decision, but walking distance to the bus/quick service area is also a big deal!

If you're going preferred, go for Toy Story building 10! It's nice and quiet. Not near a pool, but close enough to get to it. I just stayed in TS 10 last week and loved the location.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: