Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2014, 06:34 AM   #2776
dpswift
DIS Veteran

DH and I had a standard King room on the second or third floor in the Mighty Ducks section last Sept. It had a regular tub.

We did not book a king we were assigned it because it was just the 2 of us.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #2777
Mrs Lapo
Mouseketeer

Is there any chance that wifi has been added to the rooms or is it still land line only? I was just wondering since they encourage you to do so much online now with the My Disney Experience site and app. I was thinking of bringing our laptop so we can review our plans and what not each night for the following day while in our room and give our phones a chance to charge. I just want to make sure if this is something I do that I have the cord necessary and budget the fees associated with using the internet. Thank you in advance

Mrs Lapo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #2778
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Lapo View Post
Is there any chance that wifi has been added to the rooms or is it still land line only? I was just wondering since they encourage you to do so much online now with the My Disney Experience site and app. I was thinking of bringing our laptop so we can review our plans and what not each night for the following day while in our room and give our phones a chance to charge. I just want to make sure if this is something I do that I have the cord necessary and budget the fees associated with using the internet. Thank you in advance
Complimentary wifi is now available across all of WDW, in the parks and at the resorts.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #2779
Mrs Lapo
Mouseketeer

Woohoo! That's great! Thanks for such a quick response

Old 04-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #2780
Mrs Lapo
Mouseketeer

Any chance you can answer another question? What exactly is the difference between a regular room and a preferred room? Is it worth the $10 a night price difference?

Old 04-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #2781
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Lapo View Post
Any chance you can answer another question? What exactly is the difference between a regular room and a preferred room? Is it worth the $10 a night price difference?
Location, location, location...and in the case of the Toy Story area, theming.
All preferred are closer to the main bldg/food court.
Though, in many cases, you could have a non-preferred as close as some of the furthest preferred, or, at the Mighty Ducks section, you could be closer to the Music food court/bus stop without paying preferred.
I have never found preferred to be worth the extra $$$.
I just request "closest to bus stop" and take a standard room, and we've never been too far. One time, at Sports, we were CLOSER to the food court than many of the preferred rooms.

If you HAVE to have Toy Story or Fantasia or Dalmatians, then you have to book preferred.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #2782
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete
I can answer part 2 -

I had a room with a king bed on the third floor in one of the Mighty Duck buildings.

Keep in mind that most, if not all, of the rooms in the All Stars with king beds, have roll-in showers, not tubs. Some people don't like those, and all the water that gets on the floor, but I just used a towel to wipe up the floor when I was done.
Not true...only a certain % are the HC accessible rollin shower rooms. There are other king rooms that are HC Accessible with a tub with grab bars and some that are just 'plain' king bed rooms. It just seems that you must always get assigned to the same kind so it appears that it is the only kind there. They are not exactly equal in percentages but they are all represented.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:09 PM   #2783
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Not true...only a certain % are the HC accessible rollin shower rooms. There are other king rooms that are HC Accessible with a tub with grab bars and some that are just 'plain' king bed rooms. It just seems that you must always get assigned to the same kind so it appears that it is the only kind there. They are not exactly equal in percentages but they are all represented.
Yep, I think you're right. Both at Movies and at the WL, I've never seen a room with a king bed and a tub. Must just be the luck of the draw.

Not that I mind. I'm a shower guy anyway and wouldn't have used a tub if I had one.
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #2784
bentopher
Mouseketeer

My plans are slowing changing for my October holiday.
Looks like theres a good chance I"ll be staying 4 nights at Movies before heading over to Pop for 5 nights. I've been reading that the back of the Mighty Ducks section is closer to the ASMusic buses that the actual ASMovies buses?
Can someone confirm exactly how much further?
Is there a path or walkway?
Is it ok at night when coming back from the park?

Thanks for any information.

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:29 PM   #2785
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
My plans are slowing changing for my October holiday.
Looks like theres a good chance I"ll be staying 4 nights at Movies before heading over to Pop for 5 nights. I've been reading that the back of the Mighty Ducks section is closer to the ASMusic buses that the actual ASMovies buses?

Thanks for any information.
You can go to the Disney World site and see the resort maps. From what I remember, there is not a path, you will be walking through the parking lot that separates both resorts.

Having stayed at ASMu, I do remember the parking lots were well lit.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #2786
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been reading that the back of the Mighty Ducks section is closer to the ASMusic buses that the actual ASMovies buses?
Yes, the Mighty Ducks section is closer to the Music buses than the Movies buses. You follow sidewalks and there's at two (or three) crosswalks involved, but it's a safe, marked, legitimate walkway and definitely something you should take advantage of if you are located in a Ducks room. You are able to walk directly to the bus area. Nighttime is fine too; no issues.

The Music Melody Hall food court and main Calypso pool are also a short walk from the Ducks section. In this case there is one crosswalk but connecting to a main path over to Music's main building.

The nice thing in particular is returning from the parks you can take either the Music bus (actually would be my preference) or a Movies bus depending on which works out better.

Last edited by jcarwash; 04-14-2014 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-14-2014, 09:44 AM   #2787
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
You can go to the Disney World site and see the resort maps. From what I remember, there is not a path, you will be walking through the parking lot that separates both resorts.

Having stayed at ASMu, I do remember the parking lots were well lit.
Yes, I did go to the website, I really couldn't get a good sense of things. I find the maps just look old and dates for these resorts and it doesn't give me a good picture that I'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Yes, the Mighty Ducks section is closer to the Music buses than the Movies buses. You follow sidewalks and there's at two (or three) crosswalks involved, but it's a safe, marked, legitimate walkway and definitely something you should take advantage of if you are located in a Ducks room. You are able to walk directly to the bus area. Nighttime is fine too; no issues.

The Music Melody Hall food court and main Calypsp pool are also a short walk from the Ducks section. In this case there is one crosswalk but connecting to a main path over to Music's main building.

The nice thing in particular is returning from the parks you can take either the Music bus (actually would be my preference) or a Movies bus depending on which works out better.

This is great information! Thank you Can you see the Movies? I guess meaning I'll know where I"m going without needing signs or a map to get there? LOL Would you say that Building 2 or 3 is "better" for access? Or either is fine?

Thank you

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #2788
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I did go to the website, I really couldn't get a good sense of things. I find the maps just look old and dates for these resorts and it doesn't give me a good picture that I'd like.

This is great information! Thank you Can you see the Movies? I guess meaning I'll know where I"m going without needing signs or a map to get there? LOL Would you say that Building 2 or 3 is "better" for access? Or either is fine?

Thank you
Have you tried Google Earth? I have found that very helpful when I need a "real life" view of Disney property. You can zoom in pretty close and get a good idea.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #2789
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Either building is fine. I was in building 3.

When you're at the Music bus stop, you can see building 2 of Movies to your right (as you're facing a bus). But I'd recommend your first use of the Music bus stop should be going to a park, not coming back. Then you'll have a better idea how the locations relate to where your room is.

As suggested above, getting a satellite Google map of All-Star Movies can help see just how close the Ducks buildings are to the Music buildings.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #2790
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

So, ALL of Toy Story and Dalmations are preferred?

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: