Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #2731
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,974

How are the buses then? I can't remember if I've asked here or not...but do the All Stars typically share? (During the summer)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #2732
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,974

And any recent room pics? (When was the last refurb?)

How's the food at the food court there?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #2733
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
How are the buses then? I can't remember if I've asked here or not...but do the All Stars typically share? (During the summer)
What I'd say about All-Star bus sharing is that is can happen, but not always. For example, some mornings you can have a dedicated bus to a park, other mornings not, while a bus to or from DTD very well could be shared.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:59 AM   #2734
dazednconfused
DIS Veteran
 
dazednconfused's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eastern part of the world
Posts: 941

I've stayed at AS Music twice and once at AS Movies. AS Movies, in my opinion, is the better of the 2. Yes, at times (not very often) buses are shared with the other AS resorts. But the beauty of AS Movies (and especially for those in the Mighty Duck section), is that it is closer to the bus stop at AS Music. It took us only a minute or so to walk to the bus stop at Music from our room in the Mighty Ducks section. Very convenient. Would definitely recommend. We had no issue with any of the buses. Sure, they were crowded at times, but that can happen to all the Disney buses going to any of the resorts. Since the AS resorts are a Value resort and cost less, we can spend a few more days in WDW!
__________________
dazednconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #2735
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!
 
FlyingBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,771

Just back from a split stay AKL/ASMo. Great stay! At ASMo we had a preferred room, requested 101 Dalmatian section, close to transportation and that's exactly what we got. Room 2218, building 1, one room away from the stairway that's closest to the entrance to the main building, facing away from the pool. We could see the entrance where DME drops off at the front door, but there were trees that helped block any noise. Elevator wasn't too far away when we needed it.

We had a privacy curtain, triple sheeted beds, working fridge, iron (no ironing board), and hair dryer, hand soap, shower soap, and shampoo/conditioner (all H2O products, but not as nice as what we had at AKL).

MDE app said food court opened at 6am, but that was only for coffee/drinks. 6:30 one station opened for food, 7am all stations opened. Made it a little crazy for 8am EMH. Didn't notice if there was pink lemonade, but wasn't looking for it. No problems at drink stations.

Saturday there was supposed to be a movie at the pool at 8pm. We waited til 8:30 and no movie (screen and chairs set up)

No problems with magic bands, FP+ or BOG lunch FP. Everything worked great. Just the MDE app was really slow to open and respond (I have Verizon) and ride times weren't very accurate. We made a change to FP+ at a kiosk (iPad) at DHS with no problem.
__________________
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #2736
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBelle View Post
Just back from a split stay AKL/ASMo. Great stay! At ASMo we had a preferred room, requested 101 Dalmatian section, close to transportation and that's exactly what we got. Room 2218, building 1, one room away from the stairway that's closest to the entrance to the main building, facing away from the pool. We could see the entrance where DME drops off at the front door, but there were trees that helped block any noise. Elevator wasn't too far away when we needed it. We had a privacy curtain, triple sheeted beds, working fridge, iron (no ironing board), and hair dryer, hand soap, shower soap, and shampoo/conditioner (all H2O products, but not as nice as what we had at AKL). MDE app said food court opened at 6am, but that was only for coffee/drinks. 6:30 one station opened for food, 7am all stations opened. Made it a little crazy for 8am EMH. Didn't notice if there was pink lemonade, but wasn't looking for it. No problems at drink stations. Saturday there was supposed to be a movie at the pool at 8pm. We waited til 8:30 and no movie (screen and chairs set up) No problems with magic bands, FP+ or BOG lunch FP. Everything worked great. Just the MDE app was really slow to open and respond (I have Verizon) and ride times weren't very accurate. We made a change to FP+ at a kiosk (iPad) at DHS with no problem.
Did you find it difficult to go from Deluxe to Value?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #2737
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazednconfused View Post
I've stayed at AS Music twice and once at AS Movies. AS Movies, in my opinion, is the better of the 2. Yes, at times (not very often) buses are shared with the other AS resorts. But the beauty of AS Movies (and especially for those in the Mighty Duck section), is that it is closer to the bus stop at AS Music. It took us only a minute or so to walk to the bus stop at Music from our room in the Mighty Ducks section. Very convenient. Would definitely recommend. We had no issue with any of the buses. Sure, they were crowded at times, but that can happen to all the Disney buses going to any of the resorts. Since the AS resorts are a Value resort and cost less, we can spend a few more days in WDW!
I agree with everything you said about the Mighty Ducks section at Movies! Great choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBelle View Post
Saturday there was supposed to be a movie at the pool at 8pm. We waited til 8:30 and no movie (screen and chairs set up).
How was the weather that day? They may have moved the movie inside to the food court even if it wasn't raining at movie time.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #2738
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,974

Do the All Stars have any way to take you to your room with your luggage upon check in? We wouldn't be getting in until 1:30am or so... :-/

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #2739
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!
 
FlyingBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,771

We had no rain at all during our trip - sunny and warm - a nice break from this Chicago winter. No idea why the movie was delayed. Didn't ask.

We've stayed at all levels of resorts, but this was our first split stay. We loved AKL, but we didn't do any parks those days, so it was a great resort to hang out at - and that was why we chose it when we added a night to our trip.

Movies was perfect for our park days - a comfortable bed to sleep in and not too far from the buses or food court (I bring breakfast back to the room for everyone in the morning, the short walk was appreciated!)

Bell services took our luggage from AKL to ASMo- they said it would be delivered between 1-3pm. We got it just before 4pm. No issues.
__________________
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #2740
archdandy
DIS Veteran
 
archdandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 974

I'm thinking of staying here in September. I have a couple questions though. Are the bedspreads still the heavy one's or are they converted to the plain white covers with a runner like some of the other resorts are starting to do? If so, can anyone post a pic? Also what's the best location to request. I know its not guaranteed but I think I'd like to request either Fantasia or Toy Story for the theming.
__________________

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #2741
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Are the bedspreads still the heavy one's or are they converted to the plain white covers with a runner like some of the other resorts are starting to do?
No more bedspreads at any of the WDW resorts. They have all gone to the triple sheeting with a runner.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #2742
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I'm thinking of staying here in September...Also what's the best location to request. I know its not guaranteed but I think I'd like to request either Fantasia or Toy Story for the theming.
Did you book a preferred room? Both Fantasia and Toy Story are preferred sections. Fantasia would be "the best" in terms of proximity to the main pool, food court, and buses, but I'd pick Toy Story myself.

If you booked a standard room your section options are Love Bug or Mighty Ducks. I stayed in Mighty Ducks and I liked it due to the closeness to All-Star Music buses, food court, and main pool.

(I've read that some parts of Toy Story may be considered standard rooms, but I am not sure if that is still the case.)
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #2743
archdandy
DIS Veteran
 
archdandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 974

No I have not booked yet but we will not be picking a preferred room rate. I am going to send in the request for which building we'd like to be in and hope we get it. I know its not guaranteed. Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard that the Mighty Duck can be a good spot because of the location to ASMusic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Did you book a preferred room? Both Fantasia and Toy Story are preferred sections. Fantasia would be "the best" in terms of proximity to the main pool, food court, and buses, but I'd pick Toy Story myself.

If you booked a standard room your section options are Love Bug or Mighty Ducks. I stayed in Mighty Ducks and I liked it due to the closeness to All-Star Music buses, food court, and main pool.

(I've read that some parts of Toy Story may be considered standard rooms, but I am not sure if that is still the case.)
__________________

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #2744
VacaPlanner2012
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 18

Luggage Question

With an 11am check out and a 8:50 pm flight, is there a place to store luggage if we choose to go play at a park? Does it matter if we are using MDE or a Mears car service? TIA

Mike
VacaPlanner2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:05 AM   #2745
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacaPlanner2012 View Post
With an 11am check out and a 8:50 pm flight, is there a place to store luggage if we choose to go play at a park? Does it matter if we are using MDE or a Mears car service? TIA

Mike
You have 2 options.

You can check your bags in for your flight with the Resort Airline Check in desk if your airline participates (most major carriers do). The next time you'll see your bags is at your home airport luggage claim so make sure there's nothing in there you need. If you go this route, you can leave your carry on bags with Luggage Services. You do NOT need to be using ME for this option.

You can leave all your luggage with Luggage Services. You will get a claim ticket when you drop it off. Then when you get back you can grab all your bags.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: