Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #2716
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by john398 View Post
Anyone know if the new mugs have made it to the All Stars yet?
I saw them at All-Star Sports (on Thursday) and Music (on Friday). I assume Movies has them now too, or will very shortly if not.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #2717
john398
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I saw them at All-Star Sports (on Thursday) and Music (on Friday). I assume Movies has them now too, or will very shortly if not.
Awesome, thanks, If not I can always walk over to Music next Monday
john398 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #2718
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

When was the last refurb here?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #2719
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

When I stayed at ASMu a couple of years ago, they had the privacy curtains between the bedroom and the bathroom/sink area. I was informed not all resorts have these.

Do they exist at ASMo?

Thanks.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #2720
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
When I stayed at ASMu a couple of years ago, they had the privacy curtains between the bedroom and the bathroom/sink area. I was informed not all resorts have these.

Do they exist at ASMo?

Thanks.
Yes, all the value resorts (All Stars, Pop, Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms) have the privacy curtain now.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #2721
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Yes, all the value resorts (All Stars, Pop, Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms) have the privacy curtain now.
Thanks!
Old 03-01-2014, 07:32 AM   #2722
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

First visit to ASMo

We have stayed at two other value resorts(ASMu and POP) and this will be our first stay at ASMo....so looking forward to our visit,yet September still seems so far away
If anyone is there now could you please check the refillable mug drink options for my daughter....she is looking for pomegranate/pink lemonade which they did have at ASMu but not at POP.....also are the new mugs in stock as of yet??
When I made my reservation,I made certain requests yet not a building request as that wasnt really an issue...just wondering though,if we did get put in Love Bug (I asked for top floor and courtyard view),how far a walk is it to the main building....at POP we would bring our breakfast back to the room for DD and it would still be warm as the walk was fairly short...just wondering ??

Thanks for your help
kiwi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #2723
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post
We have stayed at two other value resorts(ASMu and POP) and this will be our first stay at ASMo....so looking forward to our visit,yet September still seems so far away
If anyone is there now could you please check the refillable mug drink options for my daughter....she is looking for pomegranate/pink lemonade which they did have at ASMu but not at POP.....also are the new mugs in stock as of yet??
When I made my reservation,I made certain requests yet not a building request as that wasnt really an issue...just wondering though,if we did get put in Love Bug (I asked for top floor and courtyard view),how far a walk is it to the main building....at POP we would bring our breakfast back to the room for DD and it would still be warm as the walk was fairly short...just wondering ??

Thanks for your help
Some parts of Pop are a much longer walk to the food court than Love Bug.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:21 AM   #2724
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post

Thanks for your help
We were second floor, Love Bug, courtyard view, and the walk to the food court is very manageable. Basically it's walk past two "wing" lengths of the Fantasia building, 1/2 of one overlaps the pool, finish walking past the pool, and you're there.
We were pleasantly surprised by this location...it was very convenient to the pool and main bldg.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #2725
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Do they sell milk and/or cereal somewhere there? Like a little groceries type section? (More like a quart of milk or box of Cheerios)

Also, what are the hours of the food court?

And does the bus stop have a times display? (A screen that tells when the next bus should arrive, etc.)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #2726
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Do they sell milk and/or cereal somewhere there? Like a little groceries type section? (More like a quart of milk or box of Cheerios)

Also, what are the hours of the food court?

And does the bus stop have a times display? (A screen that tells when the next bus should arrive, etc.)

Milk in a couple of sizes, yes. Single serve sized cereal, yes, not sure if I've ever seen bigger boxes.

Food court opens in staggered times and closes in staggered times (different food offerings available earlier and later)...approx 7 am to 11 pm (but check the posted times, as I am not sure on the exact times.)

No times display for buses (never have seen that at any WDW resort), but that would be a GREAT idea.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #2727
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
No times display for buses (never have seen that at any WDW resort), but that would be a GREAT idea.
Some of the deluxes and moderates have them.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #2728
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Some of the deluxes and moderates have them.
I saw where they have them at POR at the main stop.

If you want to be close to buses, which section would you request? Which are considered preferred rooms?

Old 03-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #2729
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
If you want to be close to buses, which section would you request? Which are considered preferred rooms?
101 Dalmations, Fantasia and Toy Story are preferred. If not staying preferred your 2 choices are Love Bug and Mighty Ducks. If you're in Mighty Ducks, you are actually closer to the Music bus stop than Movies. We've stayed in the Love Bug section twice and the walk was not bad at all. I would make your request be close to bus stop or close to Cinema Hall.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:47 AM   #2730
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
101 Dalmations, Fantasia and Toy Story are preferred. If not staying preferred your 2 choices are Love Bug and Mighty Ducks. If you're in Mighty Ducks, you are actually closer to the Music bus stop than Movies. We've stayed in the Love Bug section twice and the walk was not bad at all. I would make your request be close to bus stop or close to Cinema Hall.
We never stay preferred, but I always make "close to the bus stop" one of our requests. We usually get a pretty good room location that way.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: