Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #2671
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post
So, if I've just paid for a standard room, is there any reason to choose Love Bug vs Mighty Ducks? I do want a high floor, and am requesting that, but I'd also like to be fairly close to transportation and the food court without too much noise. Since those aren't offered as requests online, is one building better-suited than the other?
I'd also recommend the Mighty Ducks section.

In that section you're actually closer to the All-Star Music buses and food court, although the walk to the Movies food court isn't too bad either.

The Music main pool is pretty convenient to the Ducks section, as well as it having its own pool.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #2672
laura428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I'd also recommend the Mighty Ducks section.

In that section you're actually closer to the All-Star Music buses and food court, although the walk to the Movies food court isn't too bad either.

The Music main pool is pretty convenient to the Ducks section, as well as it having its own pool.
Sounds good.

I'm not terribly worried about how close we'll be to the pools. My friend and I are coming down for the Princess Half and will be spending very little time in the resort, but I do want to be close to transportation so that we can grab the bus easily on race morning. And I'd prefer a quieter area so that we can get our much needed rest.
2014 Princess Half Marathon
laura428 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #2673
penni520
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Only thing is...Sometimes smoking areas get moved for various reasons. Hard to say if smoking areas will be in the same spots almost a year from now.
But congrats! Enjoy your trip!!
Lauren I sure hope so..This 11 months could go really fast for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
What an awesome surprise! You'll love AS Movies and it sounds like you put in for a good room request!

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
penni520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #2674
Harters2WDW
Mouseketeer

We stayed at ASMo for Thanksgiving and we were very surprised by how much we liked it! We were in Toy Story section, third floor as requested. Our view was trees, which made it very quiet. Yes, the rooms were small, but we only slept there. The cast members were some of the best we've encountered. Our check in was incredible. We did online, but for some reason our paperwork wasn't ready so it took a little longer. The CM checking us in, Ian, was awesome. He was genuinely engaged with us and gave us som extra pixie dust -- a photo frame for our anniversary and stuffed animals for celebrating our DD's bdays. Every encounter with CMs was great. We enjoyed the World Premiere food court (ate there four times). Only time it was an issue was when we ate there at 11 p.m. following MVMCP. Understandably, they rank out of some items and it was a it slow. On Thanksgiving day, they did a special Thanksgiving dinner complete with pumpkin pie! We didn't take in the pool at all and drove ourselves and didn't use the transportation. Overall, I would definitely recommend and I will admit I was a bit apprehensive when we booked it!
March 2009 Coronado Springs * March 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort * August 2012 Pop Century * June 2013 Port Orleans Riverside * Thanksgiving 2013 All-Star Movies * July 2014 All-Star Sports * March 2015 Disney Dream

Follow our Disney adventures on Instagram #Harters2WDW
Harters2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #2675
OatsZoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by penni520 View Post
I don't know why I am scared but I am...I think it is because I am a Pop lady.
Please anyone give me some pointers on what to except. Any info would really help. Thanks

I have stayed at both Pop and Movies. I am heading back to Movies this month, the very first on-site resort we stayed at. Don't be scared, Pop and Movies are quite similar, the only difference really is the busing. The All Stars in slower times share buses with the other 2 All Stars, but don't worry, we have stayed at Music too and the buses have never been a problem. At night and in the morning they are always resort dedicated buses. You will read alot on the Disboards about the buses at All Stars but I have never had a problem with them. Actually I found when we stayed at the Mod theirs was worse.

Have fun! You will enjoy Movies. I like it there.

All Star Movies - March 2007 (Family Trip)
Port Orleans Riverside - September 2008 (Anniversary Trip, just hubby and I)
Pop Century - September 2009 (Family Trip)
All Star Music - September 2012 (Family Trip)
Disneyland California - October 2013 (adults only, BFF trip)
All Star Movies - January 2014 (Me and the kids Trip)

OatsZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #2676
OatsZoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post
I'm staying at ASMo for the Princess Half in February. Although I've reserved a standard room, when I went to do online check-in, it included 101 Dalmations and Toy Story in my options for room requests. Aren't these preferred only? If so, why would these be included as options?
There are parts of both Toy Story and Dalmations that are considered non preferred, the second half of the buildings and the part facing the parking lot. If looking at Dalmations, its the wing that points towards the Mighty Duck section, the wing closer to the main hall is preferred. Same but reversed for Toy Story.

I did see a long time ago a map that had highlighted the preferred sections of the resort, can't find it though. But I do remember it.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #2677
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Checked to Movies around noon. Room was ready. I'm in mighty ducks, which I requested, 3rd floor at the end toward music. The room has the new linens and a working fridge. The walk over to music to catch a bus was so quick. Thanks for sharing that tip.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #2678
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OatsZoo View Post
There are parts of both Toy Story and Dalmations that are considered non preferred, the second half of the buildings and the part facing the parking lot. If looking at Dalmations, its the wing that points towards the Mighty Duck section, the wing closer to the main hall is preferred. Same but reversed for Toy Story.

I did see a long time ago a map that had highlighted the preferred sections of the resort, can't find it though. But I do remember it.
This is interesting. All of the info I've read says the only standard rooms/buildings are Mighty Ducks and Love Bug (including post #1 in this FAQ thread) but when I looked back at the online requests available for a standard room reservation, Toy Story and Dalmatians are listed but not Fantasia. So logic tells me there may be standard rooms available in those sections as you say.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #2679
OatsZoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
This is interesting. All of the info I've read says the only standard rooms/buildings are Mighty Ducks and Love Bug (including post #1 in this FAQ thread) but when I looked back at the online requests available for a standard room reservation, Toy Story and Dalmatians are listed but not Fantasia. So logic tells me there may be standard rooms available in those sections as you say.
The map I saw before was from my stay in 2006 so who knows if that has changed. I will look around and see if I still have a copy of the map, I searched the web and could not find it but it was a resort map with green highlighting the preferred sections.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #2680
penni520
Mouseketeer

Thanks..I am going the first week of December, but will not be going to MK for the taping...to crowded for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by OatsZoo View Post
I have stayed at both Pop and Movies. I am heading back to Movies this month, the very first on-site resort we stayed at. Don't be scared, Pop and Movies are quite similar, the only difference really is the busing. The All Stars in slower times share buses with the other 2 All Stars, but don't worry, we have stayed at Music too and the buses have never been a problem. At night and in the morning they are always resort dedicated buses. You will read alot on the Disboards about the buses at All Stars but I have never had a problem with them. Actually I found when we stayed at the Mod theirs was worse.

Have fun! You will enjoy Movies. I like it there.

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
penni520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:09 PM   #2681
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

I will be staying here with a friend in October. I looked back a few pages, but the thread it soo big...

Is there wi-fi in the rooms now or is it still cable? And is it free? I am going to have to do some work while at Disney.. ugh...
Old 01-01-2014, 11:15 PM   #2682
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I will be staying here with a friend in October. I looked back a few pages, but the thread it soo big...

Is there wi-fi in the rooms now or is it still cable? And is it free? I am going to have to do some work while at Disney.. ugh...
Yes, free wi-fi in all the rooms now. BUT....we did experience what I had read about from others---there are so many people using the wi-fi during the evening hours it affects your usage. We did not have any problems in the mornings or afternoons.
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #2683
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up Meal suggestion....

I stayed at ASMo the first week of December. The chicken quesadillas were SO TASTY that twice I opted not to eat at the park in order to order quesadillas when I got back to the resort. Man, were they good! The portions were huge and the scoops of sour cream, guacamole, and salsa were generous. I eat Tex-Mex weekly, so I would say I am pretty picky when it comes to quesadillas. I opted to substitute french fries for my side so I can't speak to the quality of the beans/rice (I think) that normally accompany it.

I just wanted to throw that out there in case someone is wondering about a good meal to order at the food court.
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #2684
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by curemyreed View Post
Yes, free wi-fi in all the rooms now. BUT....we did experience what I had read about from others---there are so many people using the wi-fi during the evening hours it affects your usage. We did not have any problems in the mornings or afternoons.
Thank you! I would be using it in the morning before hitting the parks or during our "nap break" mid afternoon
Old 01-02-2014, 08:50 AM   #2685
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

We were hoping for the Music end of Mighty Ducks when we were there, but ended up in Love Bug on the courtyard, right next to the big half of Herbie that sticks out of the bldg. The location was great, really close to Fantasia and therefor both the pool and the food court/buses. We were really pleased.
We did not have any problem with the wifi at night, and it seemed pretty busy, but we weren't trying to download or anything, just check email/fb.
My only complaint was buses, and even that wasn't horrible. A couple of times buses were standing room only and that stunk...always on the way back to the resort, not on the way to the parks. People were usually generous so I could sit down with my 4 year old. do prefer the buses at Pop.
Buses from DTD were the worst, but that seemed to be universal.

I always say the absolute WORST bus experience we had was at the Contemporary resort, where we had had breakfast and were trying to get to DTD. Longest wait for a bus ever, and this was during slow season. So it's definitely NOT only at values.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: