Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #2611
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

bumping
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #2612
Arthur92
Mouseketeer

Back from Quick stay 8/10-8/12 and with no kids. And wouldn't you know they gave us a POOL View Room lord it was loud but not to crazy. My only ? to Disney is why give two able Adults a Handicap Room? I was like should I feel bad for taking the room? but it wasn't my doing. I loved the king size bed but that whole bathroom floor after a shower was the worst. Next solo trip I'll make sure to change the room.
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #2613
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur92 View Post
Back from Quick stay 8/10-8/12 and with no kids. And wouldn't you know they gave us a POOL View Room lord it was loud but not to crazy. My only ? to Disney is why give two able Adults a Handicap Room? I was like should I feel bad for taking the room? but it wasn't my doing. I loved the king size bed but that whole bathroom floor after a shower was the worst. Next solo trip I'll make sure to change the room.
My husband and I got one of those rooms once. We were happy to have a king bed, but the water all over the bathroom floor from the shower was pretty yuck. We actually switched rooms. I did ask as I also felt bad about occupying a handicapped accessible room. The CM at the front desk said that they had more accessible rooms than needed that week so they were trying to be thoughtful giving a king bed to a couple.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #2614
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

I just booked movies for my trip 1/1-1/6. I've never stayed here before. I requested mighty ducks section for the option of walking to sports. What toiletries are in the room? Do I need to bring my own hair dryer? Also, do the rooms have the new bedding (no heavy bedspread)? Any other tips? It's my first solo trip and my first non deluxe/dvc in about 7 years.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #2615
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
I just booked movies for my trip 1/1-1/6. I've never stayed here before. I requested mighty ducks section for the option of walking to sports. What toiletries are in the room? Do I need to bring my own hair dryer? Also, do the rooms have the new bedding (no heavy bedspread)? Any other tips? It's my first solo trip and my first non deluxe/dvc in about 7 years.
I think you might mean requesting Mighty Ducks for the option of walking to All-Star Music? (Sports is further away.) That section is great for using the buses, food court, and main pool of Music in addition to Movies. In the mornings I used the buses from Music as that stop is closer, and if you're returning on a shared bus it's quicker/closer to exit at Music.

For toiletries you will find facial soap and bath soap (same type of soap in different sizes) and combination shampoo/conditioner.

The rooms have hair dryers.

I think Movies still has the heavy bedspreads. I have not read about new style bedding making it to Movies. In July it was still the bedspreads.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #2616
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I think you might mean requesting Mighty Ducks for the option of walking to All-Star Music? (Sports is further away.) That section is great for using the buses, food court, and main pool of Music in addition to Movies. In the mornings I used the buses from Music as that stop is closer, and if you're returning on a shared bus it's quicker/closer to exit at Music. For toiletries you will find facial soap and bath soap (same type of soap in different sizes) and combination shampoo/conditioner. The rooms have hair dryers. I think Movies still has the heavy bedspreads. I have not read about new style bedding making it to Movies. In July it was still the bedspreads.
Thank you for the info. I'm glad I don't have to pack the hair dryer but I'll probably throw in some separate shampoo and conditioner if the combo doesn't work for me. I have plenty of Disney bottles from past stays.

And I did mean walking to music, the one that's close by. I can't keep them all straight.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #2617
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

If you buy an RFID drink mug good for the length of your stay would it work at All Star Movies and Music? I am just thinking about those who stay in the Mighty Ducks section who say it is easier to eat at the Music food court. If you are using both food courts can you use your mug at both?
Old 11-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #2618
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by curemyreed View Post
If you buy an RFID drink mug good for the length of your stay would it work at All Star Movies and Music? I am just thinking about those who stay in the Mighty Ducks section who say it is easier to eat at the Music food court. If you are using both food courts can you use your mug at both?
Yes, the new RapidFill system allows you to use your mug at all resorts.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #2619
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by curemyreed View Post
My husband and I got one of those rooms once. We were happy to have a king bed, but the water all over the bathroom floor from the shower was pretty yuck...
I just did a quick wipe of the floor with the bathmat/towel when I was done showering. It was noo biggie for me.
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #2620
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
...Also, do the rooms have the new bedding (no heavy bedspread)?...
As of a couple of weeks ago, my room in Mighty Duck 3 had the bedspread. Upon arriving in my room, I removed it from the bed, folded it up, then put it on a shelf in the closet area.

When the housekeeper came in to do my bed, she triple sheeted it, instead of replacing the bedspread. I hate when I take it off, and the housekeeper puts it back on. It seems it would be kind of obvious I didn't want it. Thankfully this housekeeper got the hint!
Old 11-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #2621
Arthur92
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
I just did a quick wipe of the floor with the bathmat/towel when I was done showering. It was noo biggie for me.
that was my only downside Stink_Pete other then that loved it. Fridge was working too AWESOME
Old 11-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #2622
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

just wondering.....

Just out of curiosity....I am calling Disney over the weekend to edit my reservation. At ASMo I do not want to be facing a parking lot and I would prefer floor 3 or 4....building is no big deal but from what I have read Mighty Ducks is the better non preferred option.....how many requests will they allow over the phone?

**this is an edit to a bounceback reservation if that makes any difference
kiwi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #2623
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post
Just out of curiosity....I am calling Disney over the weekend to edit my reservation. At ASMo I do not want to be facing a parking lot and I would prefer floor 3 or 4....building is no big deal but from what I have read Mighty Ducks is the better non preferred option.....how many requests will they allow over the phone?

**this is an edit to a bounceback reservation if that makes any difference
My requests were a king bed and a quiet location. Sounds like you are really only making two requests too, or maybe three if you request a section. I don't think that is out of bounds.

I think they give preference to the first one listed. So ensure your most important request is the first one listed.

As I recall, there where only three floors in my building Mighty Ducks 3. I was on that floor. It was very quiet.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #2624
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
As I recall, there where only three floors in my building Mighty Ducks 3. I was on that floor. It was very quiet.
Correct - All-Star resorts have three floors. Pop Century and Art of Animation have four floors.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #2625
JoshAndEmmysMama74
Earning My Ears

How soon do you need to request a crib or pack n play for the room? We check in on Wed. Is it too late to request one? When we planned our trip I thought our little guy would be ready for a regular bed but he still sleeps in his crib at home. (I'm going to keep him in there until he tries to get out on his own).
Also, what is the cost if we do get one?
Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: