Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #2596
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Just checked in today. So far I am surprisingly pleased. Received a king bed room but with shower only. When I checked in at 11:30 I asking about switching rooms and the CM said "You are the only person I've checked in all morning whose room was ready". So I kept it. No soaking in the tub for me I guess.

Room is in bldg. 3 Mighty Ducks section which is where I wanted to be without even requesting it. There is a working fridge!

Wish I had brought my swimsuit. I usually don't like to get into pools at WDW because there are too many kids splashing around and doing who knows what else in the pool. So far this afternoon I've been by the duck pool twice and it's been mostly deserted and the few people there were mostly adults.

ASMu main bldg and bus stops are way closer than the ones here at ASMo. I don't know if I'll be doing much in this resort's main bldg.
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #2597
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...

Here now, checked in yesterday (Friday) around 12:30. 2 rooms were ready for our party of 6, and we got adjoining rooms. We are in Mighty Ducks bldg. 2, toom 2851. Room is clean, but I find the beds (and pillows) VERY firm and uncomfortable. Swam in Mighty Ducks pool yesterday afternoon... water was a bit cool, but lifeguard said a cold front had come thru. Pool is always very quiet.
Ate in the food court lunch friday, early breakfast and a very late lunch today... service all 3 times has been "average" (not friendly, but not rude)... some foods took a while to prepare (burgers, meatball sub), but everything we've had has been good. Love the turkey and munster foccacia. Loving the free QS dining plan!! Note on fridge in both rooms, not to use (though they are both plugged in and running???)... went to concierge, nicely asked (which i normally dont do) and was give a $15/night credit! buses at ASMusic def. closer, but walk here isn't that bad either.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #2598
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
We were there in Sept of this year and booked bounceback for next Sept with free QS but upgraded to the DDP.
I was at POP in Sept and thought I had to book the same resort during bounceback....now that I'm home I have realized through DIS that it can be changed and All Star Movies seems to be the agreed upon choice.....when I call to make this change,can you make requests as well and if so what is a good request for ASMo....never been there before

Thanks
kiwi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #2599
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post
I was at POP in Sept and thought I had to book the same resort during bounceback....now that I'm home I have realized through DIS that it can be changed and All Star Movies seems to be the agreed upon choice.....when I call to make this change,can you make requests as well and if so what is a good request for ASMo....never been there before

Thanks
It depends on what you're looking for. I ended up in the Mighty Ducks section without requesting it but I like it. The pool in that section doesn't seem very busy, and ASMu's bus and main bldg. are really close. It's almost like a preferred location at ASMu, but you're at movies (and not paying for a preferred location).
Old 10-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #2600
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
It depends on what you're looking for. I ended up in the Mighty Ducks section without requesting it but I like it. The pool in that section doesn't seem very busy, and ASMu's bus and main bldg. are really close. It's almost like a preferred location at ASMu, but you're at movies (and not paying for a preferred location).
Exactly! Mighty Ducks at ASMovies is a real bargain. One of only 2 regular-priced (non-preferred) sections of the resort. We had a pool-view room, no extra charge. And we were so close to ASMusic that we used their bus service to/from the parks. Also we visited their food court as we felt it was the same distance or a tiny bit closer to our room. Mighty Ducks pool was big and never busy during our stay. Laundry bldg was next to the pool.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #2601
ras1121
Mouseketeer

I see that the food court is open til midnight, when do they stop serving dinner? Trying to figure out if eating there our first night will be an option. Thanks!
ras1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #2602
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
The only thing I really do not want is to be facing the parking lot as I'm figuring it would be loud and busy.....found a thread(post #2375) showing the online check in options and I noticed landscape view....what exactly is landscape view at ASMo??
kiwi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #2603
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras1121 View Post
I see that the food court is open til midnight, when do they stop serving dinner? Trying to figure out if eating there our first night will be an option. Thanks!
The info folder that is in my room says "limited menu" from 10 p.m. - Midnight. Limited to what I couldn't tell you. I know this morning at breakfast that even though they opened at 6 a.m., only one of the sections was open. The other two opened at 7 a.m. So I am guessing they close a section or two.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #2604
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post
The only thing I really do not want is to be facing the parking lot as I'm figuring it would be loud and busy.....found a thread(post #2375) showing the online check in options and I noticed landscape view....what exactly is landscape view at ASMo??
I didn't request a view, so I couldn't tell you. I requested a king bed in a quiet location. Even though I face the duck pond pool, it has been pretty quiet. Well, except for an hour or two last night when some little girl in the room behind mine started yelling/screaming.

But really, this part of the resort isn't busy and always seems to be quiet.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #2605
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My experience at POR, hot food stopped at 11pm. After that you could pick up cold case things, like wrapped sandwiches and salads, plus anything else refrigerated. But you could order a pizza until midnight, and I think All Stars has the late pizza option, too.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #2606
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Pizza delivery

Until 1 a.m. You can also order breadsticks, wings, salad, a few sandwiches, soda, beer, wine and some desserts. It's a limited menu, but would do in a pinch.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #2607
ras1121
Mouseketeer

Great, thanks for all the info!
ras1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #2608
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

What is the latest on the fridges? DD5 talked me into ASMo over Pop for our trip next month and I need to know whether to plan on ordering a cooler to keep my caffeine fix cold.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #2609
TACK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
What is the latest on the fridges? DD5 talked me into ASMo over Pop for our trip next month and I need to know whether to plan on ordering a cooler to keep my caffeine fix cold.
I am staying at All Star Sports and got the dreaded letter saying there will be no fridge in the room. You can call and see if the fridges are being replaced. Some have reported they were (there is another thread on fridges).
TACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #2610
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was out and about last night. My last full day so I didn't want it to end. Popped into the food court at 11 p.m. to check it out for you. The pizza and hamburger sections were still open. The burger section also has chicken sandwich and fries, etc. on the menu. So it looks like you may be able to get something.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: