Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #2551
bjcausey
Earning My Ears

As of this week we have a fridge but they told us we could not plug it in. Not sure why but I didn't want to plug it in and risk it. We ended up buying a styrofoam cooler. TOYSTORY rooms.
bjcausey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #2552
Nutbean
Mouseketeer

We are currently at All-Star Movies. We have two connecting rooms on the first floor of the Mighty Duck section facing the pool (fantastic, very quiet and convenient location) and each room has a working fridge.
Sept/Oct 2014, 9 nights and free dining at All-Star Sports (Surf's Up section)
Nutbean is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #2553
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcausey View Post
As of this week we have a fridge but they told us we could not plug it in. Not sure why but I didn't want to plug it in and risk it. We ended up buying a styrofoam cooler. TOYSTORY rooms.
This is one of the fridges they deemed defective. In the interim they aren't removing them from the rooms, just telling you not to use it.

During my July visit I had a fridge that was plugged in and with no letter warning me not to use it. It may have not been classified as a defective fridge, but it also didn't work at all.

The ones deemed defective are due to a risk of fire. I think mine was just busted. And they were in no position to provide a replacement because the bad fridge problem was just starting that week.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #2554
Johnnysmom
Earning My Ears

coming soon

Good evening

Any one at All Star Movies now? We are arriving on Thursday and wanted to see how the crowds are, how is the weather and any update on the fridge situation?
Johnnysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #2555
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysmom View Post
Good evening

Any one at All Star Movies now? We are arriving on Thursday and wanted to see how the crowds are, how is the weather and any update on the fridge situation?
We arrived today!!! It is warm/hot. low 90's with the usual afternoon rain. No working fridge in our room, Buzz in the Toy Story section. We haven't really been around too much yet to experience crowds but so far so good.
Malibustyle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #2556
lemonsours
Mouseketeer

Are there coffeemakers in the room?
October 2007 CSR

lemonsours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #2557
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonsours View Post
Are there coffeemakers in the room?
No, you'll have to go to the Food Court for coffee, or bring your own coffee maker and supplies. No espresso machine at the Food Court, either.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #2558
Magic2000
DIS Veteran

Just returned from an 8 night stay at All Star Movies and we had a great time! We did online checkin (requested 101 Dalmatians/1st Floor) - we got Fantasia, 2nd Floor. Our room (#8838) was ready when we checked in around 1:00 pm. It was a very quiet area. We did not have a working refrigerator and they did give us the $15/night credit.

Bus service was great the whole week. We really never waited more than about 10 minutes for a bus. There were a few times that it was standing room only, and quite a few times, we were the only ones on the bus.

Food court was pretty good. We didn't really eat there except for one lunch and breakfast on our check out day, and it was fine. My DD & family were staying in Mighty Ducks, and the food court was our "meeting place". There was never a problem finding a table to sit at while waiting.

We used Magical Express from the airport and it was fine. We were at the hotel within about 1 hour or so from landing. Our room was ready, so we went to wait for A Baby's Best Friend to deliver the crib/stroller. Within the hour, we had our crib and stroller, AND Magical Express was delivering our luggage!

Our room was clean and the area was quiet. The only drawback for ME was our room didn't get cleaned until after 3:00 pm every day. It wasn't that big of a deal, and a few days, we just asked for clean towels.

My only disappointment was that stupid AC thing. We woke up several times during the night trying to get the stupid thing to kick back on. My DH & I decided that although we do like the value resorts, we just don't want to deal with that stupid AC thing any more. We'll be staying either at the mods or deluxes.

If you have any questions about the resort, please let me know!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #2559
MagicKisses2
Mouseketeer

9 more days and we are there. I'm very much looking forward to our trip.

POR & AOA Jan '15 - Did he really sign up for the Goofy Challenge?! ASMo Oct '13 - ToT 10 miler CBR Jan '12 - Official 5th trip and second half marathon! POP Jan '10 - Wayne's first Disney Half Marathon CSR Jan '08 - winter get-a-way POFQ Dec '06 - 1st anniversary AKL Nov '05 - honeymoon
MagicKisses2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #2560
texasroni75
Mouseketeer

Just a quick update as we just stayed at All-Star Movies (room 2953). 9/15-9/21/2013

Fridge: There was a refrigerator, but it was unplugged with a note. We planned ahead and brought a cooler, which was not so fun refilling ice and draining it each day, but not altogether horrible either.

Food-Court: The food court was not too bad. Long lines sometimes, but not the worst we've ever seen. We did have a few VERY slow workers behind the counter (I watched for ten minutes while a server moved my "hot" sandwich around, picking it up, putting it down, wandering off to do something else - so that by the time they "finished" assembling it (putting lettuce on it), it was cold.)

Mugs: The refillable mugs worked great the first 3 days, but after that some of the soda dispensers were not reading the mugs at all - forcing us to choose to get a different beverage rather than complain and have our food get cold while we tried to resolve the issue. (not to mention the "looks" people gave when the dispenser loudly repeated to place my mug on the tray - like I was STEALING soda!) Every single day from days 4-7 at least one of our mugs didn't want to work. So, we would put hot chocolate in whatever mug wasn't scanning right. The funny thing was, it was a different mug each time - so it wasn't that the mug "broke" completely due to heat of the beverage or whatever. Just strange - they definitely have some bugs to work out.

The Room: Our room was lovely and clean and spotless every time we returned to it. They are just as pretty as I remember from our 1999 trip.

The Resort: BEAUTIFUL! The kids loved posing for pictures at all the different buildings. Again, just as pretty as our first trip.

Overall we loved staying here. We will probably not stay here again due to our family size (we just made the cutoff for our family size since youngest DS was still 1 at check-in day). But I still highly recommend it!

DD(19) - DD(13) - DS(10) - DS(3)

Planning Trip 9 to WDW!!

All-Star Movies - Jan 1999, Coronado Springs - Feb 2001, All-Star Sports - March 2002, Port Orleans Riverside - March 2005, Port Orleans Riverside - March 2009, Port Orleans Riverside - December 2009, All-Star Movies - September 2013, All-Star Music - September 2014

Last edited by texasroni75; 09-23-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Add info
texasroni75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #2561
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake

I'm here at the moment, and they've given me a king bed room in fantasia. It's technically a HA room so huge bathroom!

Few things I've noticed so far:
My room has a working fridge. They're working on replacing every fridge on property due to a possible defect, and last time I checked this thread a few days ago it was showing that most rooms still didn't have a fridge. Don't know if they've replaced them in last few days or whether me having what's technically a handicapped accessible room has anything to do with that? (ie might be more likely to need it for medical reasons?) either way I'm happy to have the fridge
The new rapid fill RFID refillable mugs are in full swing here but people seem very confused by them. You have to put the cup centrally on the little black tray to get it to work and its causing queues because people don't get how to work them. I mean it's not rocket science but people can't get them to work right away so they're assuming they're broken and walking away drink less
Love bugs are here but not too bad, seen a few around but it's not a massive infestation
28/8/14-11/9/14 Solo trip @ Celebration suites!! 24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip @ ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 @ POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL CL and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover on Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL CL, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland, 05/99 - disneyland paris, 7/98 - WDW, 11/92 - WDW, 11/91 - WDW
karentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #2562
calnmace
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if the mattresses at ASMo are really firm like at Pop's? I couldn't sleep last time we stayed there which is weird because we've never had a problem with the mattresses at any other Disney resort.
Thanks so much for your help
Old 09-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #2563
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Just back today and had a great time. We were in the Mighty Ducks building and did not have a working fridge. The one in the room was plugged in but the note was on the fridge door so I unplugged it. I was told at check in that none of the fridges were replaced and that was on 9/20. I had no trouble with the mugs. I mostly got coffee or ice tea so didn't use the soda dispensers that much. There is no reader on the coffee or tea machines. I did see people with old mugs at ASMo and ASMu that weren't able to use their previous mugs. We ate at Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary and at Capn Cooks in the Poly and they are also using the RFID mugs.

1973 Off Site - 1979 Cont - 1990 CBR/Cont - 1991 CBR - 1992 CBR - 1993 POR- 1994 ASSp - 1995 ASSp - 1996 ASMu - 1997 ASMo - 1998 DL/ASSp - 2002 Pop/ASMo - 2003 ASMo- 2004 ASMo - 2005 ASMo -2006 ASMo- 2007 ASSp - 2008 ASMo - 2009 ASMo - 2010 ASMo - 2011 ASMo - 2012 ASMo -2013 ASMo - 2014 ASMo - 2015 ASMo
Nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #2564
MarianoC
Earning My Ears

We also returned today after spending 10 amazing days.
We didn't have a fridge...we had two !!!

We had the usual white one and a black one, both were plugged but we noticed that the black one wasn't working right so we unplugged it and just used the white one even though it had the note.
If there was any real big danger they would just remove all the fridges...

We were also on the Mighty Ducks area and Internet was working GREAT, best connection I had at a hotel.

Last edited by MarianoC; 09-28-2013 at 06:42 PM.
MarianoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #2565
MinnieKitty
Mouseketeer

We are here now! None of the requests I made during online check-in were granted, however we were given a free upgrade from standard to a preferred room in the Toy Story section, so no complaints here! There is not a fridge in our room. It doesn't matter to us but I wanted to mention it because I know others were interested. The food court has not been overly busy at all in the 3 days we've been here. It has been very pleasant. Buses have been great except yesterday we tried to leave MK at around 2 and a bus never came. After watching two ASMu buses come and go we decided to hop on the next Music bus and walk to Movies from there. Overall it has been a great stay so far!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: