Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2006, 03:21 AM   #241
dublincailin
Earning My Ears

We thought the buses excellent! Average 0/5minutes wait, sometimes 10 minutes and the exception longer than that which honestly rarely happened. Sometimes the bus would pull in and we were the only family there and off we went on the empty bus. Rarely crowded - maybe a handful of times we stood. No men ever offered ladies their seats though Buses most frequent at park opening/closing and the longer waits usually occured mid afternoon but there are seats and shade at the Movies near the stops. Some of the buses, Downdown Disney and sometimes those coming back from the parks at offpeak times, stop at Music and Sport and this adds a few minutes on to the trip. The drivers? Simply fantastic! The nicest of nice people seem to become Disney drivers - so helpful, genuinely friendly, informative etc. They added hugely to our enjoyment of the holiday and also the lovely people we met on the buses - great way to chat to strangers when you all meet on a bus of excited park lovers!
dublincailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #242
disney09
Mouseketeer

Unhappy Fantasia Pool Closed!!

Oh no! I just found out that the Fantasia Pool will be closed from September 11th thru... I think early December, I didn't catch that bit since my trip is in September 9th and almost cried!
You can use the other pools in the other All Stars though... but even so.. it's just not the same, it's my first time there and with my kids and I was talking and talking about going to the pool with Mickey! DH won't mind because he doesn't like pools, but I dooo! and DD7 toooo!
Anyway, I requested a room in the Toy Story buidings, but with this piece of news I think I'll prefer the Dalmatians, I think it's close to the other pools?
'99 - WDW off-site

Sept 06 All Star Movies
Sept 07 All Star Music. Free Dining again!!
disney09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2006, 11:19 AM   #243
pperfectmom
Has the sense of direction of a manatee
What's a chachi?

I just saw the info about the pool and I am totally bummed. The Fantasia pool was the only reason we chose ASMo. I can't believe they would do a pool refurb in the hottest part of the year.

pperfectmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #244
anneofgreengables
Mouseketeer

Can someone explain what these initials mean:

Estimated Times (Provided by Chip n Dale Express from transportation forum)
MK - 15 minutes
EC V 10-15 minutes
ST V 10-15 minutes
AK V 5-10 minutes
DTD V 15-20 minutes
BB - TBD minutes
TL - TBD minutes

There doesn't seem to be a Disney MGM listed above.

Thanks!
anneofgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:52 AM   #245
disney09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneofgreengables
MK - 15 minutes
EC V 10-15 minutes
ST V 10-15 minutes
AK V 5-10 minutes
DTD V 15-20 minutes
BB - TBD minutes
TL - TBD minutes
MK = Magic Kingdom
EC = Epcot
ST = Disney MGM Studios
AK = Animal Kingdom
DTD = Downtown Disney
BB = Blizzard Beach
TL = Typhoon Laggon
'99 - WDW off-site

Sept 06 All Star Movies

Last edited by disney09; 07-28-2006 at 11:57 AM. Reason: mispelled
Old 07-28-2006, 01:13 PM   #246
traces7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney09
Oh no! I just found out that the Fantasia Pool will be closed from September 11th thru... I think early December, I didn't catch that bit since my trip is in September 9th and almost cried!
Bummer! Where did you hear this? I'm so disappointed! We're going at the end of October, not sure if it would be swimming weather, but I was hoping so. Maybe we'll switch resorts!
traces7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:16 PM   #247
brer rabbit 28
Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like 'WHOA!' and then you were like 'Whoa.'

I have a query about the late EMH in the parks.Do you have to use the buses or can you park in the parking lot?I only ask as i noticed in June the guy on the tram said the last tram back to the parking area was 12.30,but we noticed that EMH was on that night,easily running til about 2.00.
I would rather use the car if i have a choice.

Claire and Chris' wedding planning journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509001
brer rabbit 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #248
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP
I've found the newer you are, the more planning that needs to be done

Quote:
You can use the other pools in the other All Stars though... but even so.. it's just not the same, it's my first time there and with my kids and I was talking and talking about going to the pool with Mickey! DH won't mind because he doesn't like pools, but I dooo! and DD7 toooo!
Anyway, I requested a room in the Toy Story buidings, but with this piece of news I think I'll prefer the Dalmatians, I think it's close to the other pools?
That happened to us in June '03. THe pool closed the day we got there, and was being filled with water the day before we left. I can not imagine why they would need to have it down months. THey refurbed the pool including replacing all the tile and resurfacing the entire area inside and outside the pool in 10 days.

I suggest changeing your reservations. Dalmations is ideal if fantasia is down.

BTW, The piano pool over at Music was gross because of all the extra people. THe water was murky with sunscreen.

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I wouls call and see if you can switch your reservation, possibly to a different resort. Then again you do have a couple of days with the pool...
**** I saw CoP for the first time 4/12/05 2:43pm ****
Stephen's Ultimate Collection of Disney Links
ChairborneRangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #249
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP

On the subject of busses... If you ever wait more than 15 minutes, approach the next bus to any destination and let them know that you have been waiting for a bus to [destination] for a long time. THey will call dispatch and retask a bus.

Remember any bus can service any route. They get retasked all the time. You can help them be more responsive.

I have even approached a bus that dropped off, and there was noone to pick up. The driver called in and got retasked for our destination.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #250
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily
Yes, you should call and make the request before you arrive as it's first come first serve.

I already have that request on my reservation.

It's $10 per day.
I asked for a fridge in the room AND for a roll-away bed when I made the ressie and I had to ask for them again when I got there. I do believe the fridge is $10 a night but you won't be able to fit much in it...it's very small. You're probably better off getting or bringing a large cooler and just filling it with ice from the ice machine.
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:02 PM   #251
Princess89
Ignores her DH to give all her attention to the Tag Fairy

Quote:
I'm not sure why you were choosing to stay in TS, but if close proximity to Cinema Hall was the reason, then go for Dalmatians. However, if it was proximity to the pool then go for Mighty Ducks. Its only I think 13 per night cheaper, but its still cheaper . Dalmatians will put you close to both the Mighty Ducks pool and Cinema Hall. About the same closeness as TS is to Cinema Hall and the Fantasia pool.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:23 PM   #252
disney09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by traces7
Bummer! Where did you hear this? I'm so disappointed! We're going at the end of October, not sure if it would be swimming weather, but I was hoping so. Maybe we'll switch resorts!
I just read it in allears.net:

The Fantasia Pool at All Star Movies will be closed for an extensive rehab from September 11 - December 11, 2006. All Star Movie guests can use the "quiet" pools as well as the main pools at the other All Star Resorts.
'99 - WDW off-site

Sept 06 All Star Movies
Old 07-28-2006, 04:26 PM   #253
disney09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess89
I'm not sure why you were choosing to stay in TS, but if close proximity to Cinema Hall was the reason, then go for Dalmatians.
Yes, you're right.. I'll swith it to Dalmatians. I already paid in full for preferred, so I can't go switch to Mighty Ducks.
Dalmatians it is then.
'99 - WDW off-site

Sept 06 All Star Movies
Old 07-28-2006, 04:50 PM   #254
Albertan mom
I didn't mean too, innocent mistake!
It all depends on the time of the month
You touch it--you take it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairborneRangr
  • It can take several hours before your bags arrive. If you are arriving after 6pm, do NOT check your bags through to the resort, do not use the ME tags. Collect your own bags and carry them on. If you have ME deliver your bags for an evening arrival flight, chances are good that you won't get them until AFTER you leave in the morning for your first theme park.
Oooooh, this concerns me. We don't get in until 10:45 and were looking forward to using ME so we could hurry to our room.

I was told by the CM on the phone that because we were coming in so late, there was a good chance that our bags would be in our room right away, maybe even at the same time as us, because so few people arrive late at night.

Then I had read on these boards that ME takes no more then 3 hours to get your bags to you, but they would be considerate of the time of night and probably have it there within the hour.

We still were going to take a carry-on with tolietries etc... but I really don't want to wait until morning for our stuff!

Anyone else experience this?
Disneyland Dec 2005
Disneyworld Aug 2006
Trip report:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1222666
Disneyworld Aug 2007
Disneyland Feb 2009
Disneyworld Nov 2009
Albertan mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #255
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP

Has anyone had late-night experience with ME recently? I was passsing on the advice given me by CMs and other DISers, but things can change in a year...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: