Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #2431
MagicKisses2
Mouseketeer

Just booked ASMo, hubby is running the Tower of Terror 10miler in October, we will be there from Oct 3 - Oct 8. This will be our first time staying at an All Stars, and we are looking forward to it.

POFQ & AOA Jan '15 - Did he really sign up for the Goofy Challenge?! ASMo Oct '13 - ToT 10 miler CBR Jan '12 - Official 5th trip and second half marathon! POP Jan '10 - Wayne's first Disney Half Marathon CSR Jan '08 - winter get-a-way POFQ Dec '06 - 1st anniversary AKL Nov '05 - honeymoon
MagicKisses2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #2432
sayheyrenee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianoC View Post
Hi everybody, we are coming aaaaalll the way from Argentina and staying at the ASMo from Sept 17 to 27.
First time there, we've stayed at Sports in 1998 and POP on 2011 and 2012 so I was trying to decide what was the best area.

We don't mind being a little far away from the lobby/food court, in fact we enjoy quiet areas, close to the parking lot, so I was thinking that the Mighty Ducks could be a good option, specially because it is so close to the ASMu lobby!

Anyone stayed there and was using the ASMu foodcourt more than the ASMo's ? Is that an option ?

Thanks for your help
We stayed in the Mighty Ducks, building #3, on the third floor back in May. Our room faced the quiet pool. It was so nice and quiet in that spot. We often walked across to music for buses and the food court. We also used the music buses back from the park if it was there first. I would say the walk to music is half the walk to the food court in movies.
sayheyrenee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #2433
MarianoC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheyrenee View Post
We stayed in the Mighty Ducks, building #3, on the third floor back in May. Our room faced the quiet pool. It was so nice and quiet in that spot. We often walked across to music for buses and the food court. We also used the music buses back from the park if it was there first. I would say the walk to music is half the walk to the food court in movies.

Thank you Syaheyrenee, that was exactly what I wanted to read.
We are not going to use the buses because we'll have a car but a quiet spot and close to a lobby sounds perfect.

MarianoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #2434
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...

Can someone please clarify the pizza offer, when used with the dining plan? It is 2 counter-service credits, right? (Not table-service credits) and comes with 2 drinks and 2 desserts? Is it carry-out only? Room delivery only? What are the dessert options?
Thanks!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #2435
gobln
working on making the dream a reality!

Food Court and Beverage Bar.

Out of them all...I think Movies has the best food court. As far as decor. It just feels great in there! And I looooooooooooooooove the beverage bar.
Every night at the end of a day in the parks...no matter how tired I was, I would get my wife a drink from the beverage bar (so she can sip while she reads before turning in for the night.) ..and then head back, grab my beverage (and another and another and ANOTHER) and sit at the pool or by the "Silver Screen Spirits" outdoor bar...and just think about the day that was...and the day that's to come! All while listening to the laughter and music coming from that great pool!

Awesome! And truly MaGiCaL!!

gobln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #2436
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobln View Post
Out of them all...I think Movies has the best food court. As far as decor. It just feels great in there! And I looooooooooooooooove the beverage bar.
I agree -- I used both the Music and Movies food courts during my stay at ASMo and you could tell by the time they built Movies they needed to expand the service and seating areas.

I too found Cinema Hall more appealing than Melody Hall, and I think the food court area starts to resemble the food court section of Everything Pop! at Pop Century, which came later.

It will be really interesting to see how the food court concept is redone at All-Star Sports.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #2437
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor'sMom View Post
Can someone please clarify the pizza offer, when used with the dining plan? It is 2 counter-service credits, right? (Not table-service credits) and comes with 2 drinks and 2 desserts? Is it carry-out only? Room delivery only? What are the dessert options?
Thanks!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #2438
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor'sMom View Post
Thanks!
Sorry, I have no experience on this so I'm no help.

I would like to agree with PP's that ASMo's food court is best. In fact, it was the determining factor for us switching from ASMu to ASMo for October. While I thought it would be fun to try ASMu, I didn't want to deal with a smaller food court with the ASSp food court being closed during our trip.

Also, I've decided to splurge and book a preferred room this time, hoping for the Toy Story section as a surprise for my DD. I think we'll enjoy being closer to the food court & busses for our weeklong trip.

shyjade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #2439
skedinger
Earning My Ears

Is anyone currently at or just back from ASMo who can comment on the refrigerator situation? Do you/did you have one in your room? Thanks!

Upcoming trip -- December 2014, WBC

Past trips -- September 2014: CSR, August 2014: DLP, August 2013: BC and ASMo, April 2012: DLP, March 2010: POP, August 2008: DLR, April 2003: DoubleTree, December 2001: Hilton, June 2001: DLR, March 2000: DLP, September 1998: ASSp, April 1995: YC, March 1994: CBR plus 10 trips in the 1970's and 1980's!

skedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #2440
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skedinger View Post
Is anyone currently at or just back from ASMo who can comment on the refrigerator situation? Do you/did you have one in your room? Thanks!
So I was at ASMo July 10-July 15. There was an Avanti refrigerator in the room but that thing wasn't working at all. It was plugged in but it wasn't cold or even cool.

I called the front desk about the issue and they immediately went into "we are having issues with defective refrigerators" spiel and explained staff had just completed going around unplugging the fridges and leaving a letter of explanation. They asked if I had a letter and I said no. The guy said okay make sure the knob is turned all the way to cool then.

I could tell they weren't in a position to fix or replace any broken refrigerators, even if this one wasn't subject to the recall. We didn't press any further as it wasn't a critical issue.

So, I don't know if I had a defective fridge that wasn't labeled with any letter, or if I just had a broken fridge that I wasn't going to get fixed.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #2441
skedinger
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
So I was at ASMo July 10-July 15. There was an Avanti refrigerator in the room but that thing wasn't working at all. It was plugged in but it wasn't cold or even cool.

I called the front desk about the issue and they immediately went into "we are having issues with defective refrigerators" spiel and explained staff had just completed going around unplugging the fridges and leaving a letter of explanation. They asked if I had a letter and I said no. The guy said okay make sure the knob is turned all the way to cool then.

I could tell they weren't in a position to fix or replace any broken refrigerators, even if this one wasn't subject to the recall. We didn't press any further as it wasn't a critical issue.

So, I don't know if I had a defective fridge that wasn't labeled with any letter, or if I just had a broken fridge that I wasn't going to get fixed.
Thanks for the info! Sorry to hear you had one but it wasn't working. Not any better than not having one. It seems the resorts are all dealing with this situation differently...I heard POR is not putting guests in rooms w/o fridges, but ASMo may have higher occupancy levels.

Any other recent experiences?

Upcoming trip -- December 2014, WBC

Past trips -- September 2014: CSR, August 2014: DLP, August 2013: BC and ASMo, April 2012: DLP, March 2010: POP, August 2008: DLR, April 2003: DoubleTree, December 2001: Hilton, June 2001: DLR, March 2000: DLP, September 1998: ASSp, April 1995: YC, March 1994: CBR plus 10 trips in the 1970's and 1980's!

skedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #2442
Nohal
DIS Veteran

We stayed at ASMo last year (actually every year for the last 11years) and the fridge wasn't cold. Called housekeeping, they sent someone right away (early in morning) he said he fixed it. Came back from the parks and it still wasn't cold. DH saw an official looking guy and told him and he sent an entire new fridge which they just put on the floor. So then we had 2.

1973 Off Site - 1979 Cont - 1990 CBR/Cont - 1991 CBR - 1992 CBR - 1993 POR- 1994 ASSp - 1995 ASSp - 1996 ASMu - 1997 ASMo - 1998 DL/ASSp - 2002 Pop/ASMo - 2003 ASMo- 2004 ASMo - 2005 ASMo -2006 ASMo- 2007 ASSp - 2008 ASMo - 2009 ASMo - 2010 ASMo - 2011 ASMo - 2012 ASMo -2013 ASMo - 2014 ASMo
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #2443
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skedinger View Post
Thanks for the info! Sorry to hear you had one but it wasn't working. Not any better than not having one. It seems the resorts are all dealing with this situation differently...I heard POR is not putting guests in rooms w/o fridges, but ASMo may have higher occupancy levels.

Any other recent experiences?
When we checked in the CM remarked they were pretty full. I would guess they don't have the flexibility to avoid rooms without fridges.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #2444
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer

I apologize if this question was already asked. I think im getting a preferred room from 6/26/14 to 7/2/14. Is ASMo preferred one of the resorts they usually offer a discount to visa cardholders? If so, does anyone know what % they may offer off? Thanks

Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana
PrettyFlower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #2445
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer

Also does anyone have an approximate time the discount is announced?

Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana
PrettyFlower2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: