Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #2221
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Thanks for the responses. I think I will keep my standard room until I'm SURE I can upgrade!
Guess who is following you.... Just kidding!

We are debating staying at this resort. I have All Star Music booked, but I like the themeing of this one better. I have stayed here in the past and really enjoyed it

Kathy are you going in December? If so...I will see you there

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #2222
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

It's the crappy H20 combo of shampoo and conditioner. It's awful.
Ok thanks. A visit to walmart it is then lol...
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 2008, Saratoga The Springs 2009, Saratoga The Springs 2010, Saratoga The Paddocks 2011, Disney Dream 2011, Saratoga The Grandstand 2012, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL Kidani Village 2013, Saratoga 2013 , VWL 2013, Disney Dream 2013, ASMu 2014, Saratoga 2014, AKV 2014, BCV 2014, Disney Dream 2014, VGF 2014

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #2223
leftaslide
NW GA. DDC #751

My family has stayed here both times that we've visited Disney. We're on a budget, so the Value Resorts were the way to go for us. We loved ASMo our first time around and booked it again for our second time. Honestly, all we needed in a room was something clean and comfortable to sleep in, as we were in parks all day. The food courts were good, plenty of choices, and my kids loved the over-sized themes. We may try somewhere new next time around, but we'll definitely go back to ASMo soon.

DIS DAD #751
2011 (first visit) ASMo ** 2012 ASMo ** 2013 POP
leftaslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #2224
Ldynred812
Mouseketeer

Hello! We are staying at ASmo Jan 19-25. I have stayed at the sports before so I know the rooms are tiny, but this time we are having 3 kids instead of 2...DD is 20mo old and will be in a pack and play. Anyone know if a pack and play will fit between the TV stand and the bathroom wall?? LOVE how they have the curtains there now!! It is going to be a tight squeeze, but being super organized and tidy will help. Just bought 2 pop up hampers to keep under the sink...one for extra shoes and one for diapers, wipes, and other baby supplies. For those of you who have squeezed the max amount of people in those rooms, any other tips on how to make it as comfy as possible and maximize the small amount of room space???

Thanks-
Kecia
Ldynred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #2225
tjmj9801
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldynred812 View Post
Hello! We are staying at ASmo Jan 19-25. I have stayed at the sports before so I know the rooms are tiny, but this time we are having 3 kids instead of 2...DD is 20mo old and will be in a pack and play. Anyone know if a pack and play will fit between the TV stand and the bathroom wall?? LOVE how they have the curtains there now!! It is going to be a tight squeeze, but being super organized and tidy will help. Just bought 2 pop up hampers to keep under the sink...one for extra shoes and one for diapers, wipes, and other baby supplies. For those of you who have squeezed the max amount of people in those rooms, any other tips on how to make it as comfy as possible and maximize the small amount of room space???

Thanks-
Kecia
Hi, Kecia! I think it might fit there but I know it will fit between the tv and the table/chairs. Have a magical trip!!
Several previous trips (It's worth mentioning that I've become an on-site snob...)
tjmj9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #2226
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldynred812 View Post

Thanks-
Kecia
I'm pretty sure the pack n play won't fit there, but like PP said it should fit on the other side.

My other tip for space saving is to bring an over the door shoe rack. I put it on the bathroom door facing the sink and it holds everything...deodorant, toothpaste, wipes, meds, hair stuff...I end up with every pocket full.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #2227
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaBi View Post
I'm pretty sure the pack n play won't fit there, but like PP said it should fit on the other side.

My other tip for space saving is to bring an over the door shoe rack. I put it on the bathroom door facing the sink and it holds everything...deodorant, toothpaste, wipes, meds, hair stuff...I end up with every pocket full.
I've heard of people doing the shoe rack thing. Is there no space on the counter? Or is it a stand alone sink?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #2228
tjmj9801
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've heard of people doing the shoe rack thing. Is there no space on the counter? Or is it a stand alone sink?
It would be extremely cluttered and messy to have all of your toiletries on the counter.
Several previous trips (It's worth mentioning that I've become an on-site snob...)
tjmj9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #2229
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmj9801 View Post
It would be extremely cluttered and messy to have all of your toiletries on the counter.
It's a tip,I picked up here on the disboards several years ago.

There is not a lot of room on the counter. Certainly not enough for a whole families things. I keep the toothbrushes and my makeup bag on the counter and everything else in the shoe rack. It's even a good place to put all that misc little stuff....Baggie with laundry soap and softener sheet, Tylenol/cold meds, hair clips and bands, baby wipes, shout wipes, band aids, neosporin, blister stuff, razors,........
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #2230
soblessed
Earning My Ears

I received a pin code for August 2013 and I was torn between Movies or Sports. I read a few posts back that Movies is receiving a refurbishment, does anyone know if this is true.

Also, if I pay for a preferred room is that guaranteed? I have never requested a specific room location onsite before, but my son wants to stay in the Toy Story section.

Thanks!
soblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #2231
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soblessed View Post
I received a pin code for August 2013 and I was torn between Movies or Sports. I read a few posts back that Movies is receiving a refurbishment, does anyone know if this is true.

Also, if I pay for a preferred room is that guaranteed? I have never requested a specific room location onsite before, but my son wants to stay in the Toy Story section.

Thanks!
I believe the refurbishment finished a year or so ago (don't quote me on the timing). And the only way to get Toy Story section is to pay preferred, but I don't think a particular preferred building is guaranteed. The building would then be a request.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #2232
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soblessed

Thanks!
I think the preferred part is pretty much guaranteed (or they'd have to credit you for the downgrade) but the section is just a request. We asked for toy story but wound up in fantasia. It turned out to be a nice location though.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #2233
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I believe the refurbishment finished a year or so ago (don't quote me on the timing). And the only way to get Toy Story section is to pay preferred, but I don't think a particular preferred building is guaranteed. The building would then be a request.
yes, it's been finished for close to a year now.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #2234
xkaittloveex
Mouseketeer

Just booked my trip to ASM! August 12th - August 17th 2013! So excited.

I truly loved the All-Star resorts and have no problem with them at all! This is coming from a girl who has also stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Beach Club.
xkaittloveex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #2235
AnjieNet
DIS Veteran

Just returned last week from a 5 night stay at All Star Movies. We are value resort people so the smallness of the rooms is nothing new. Had two adults and two children in the room and fit just fine though not much room to spare. The girls loved staying in the Toy Story area and it was nice to be such a short walk to the bus transportation and to the cafeteria for mug refills. Everything was nice a clean every day and we got a note from the Mousekeeper thanking us for staying with them. We did leave Mousekeeping tip envelopes each day. No towel animals this trip but the stuffed animals were always arranged cutely to be napping together or watching television and even brushing their teeth. Overall we had another great experience with an All Star resort.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: