Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #2176
Jimmysmom0703
Mouseketeer

One more question.We are going down friday and my friend who lives down there is going to the grocery store for us to buy some stuff. As soon as we land & check in we are going to the MNSSHP..Is there a way he can drop off the stuff at the front desk? Its perishable items like milk & yogurt. Will they put it in a fridge for me or should I have an extra key there at the front desk with his name on it to go pick it up to put it in our room? Thanks!
Jimmysmom0703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #2177
shpdem
Mouseketeer

Has anybody been to movies during cheerleader weekend last couple of years, we are going Feb 9th thru 16th and wanted to try to see what to expect.

shpdem is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #2178
tweedlemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
Does anyone know if ASMo has the privacy curtain like they do over at POP?
Yes! We were just there 2 weeks ago.

tweedlemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #2179
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedlemom View Post
Yes! We were just there 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for the reply!! I'm glad to hear this. It makes it a bit easier for my husband and I to get ready while the kids get a bit more sleep

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #2180
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chigirl View Post
I did online check in the other day for our 9/14-9/19 trip...I had a pin for ASMo and it was for free QSDP and preferred room and when I did the online check in it said "your requests could not be fullfilled"...my only request was for Fantasia, which I thought was a preferred building. I stayed here in 2009. Why would that come up at online check in???
Call reservations- sometimes the website gets overwhelmed. Same thing happened to me when I did on-line check-in for Pop, I called my requests in (gott all of my requests).

have a geeat trip!
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #2181
1wrestlingmom
Earning My Ears

Question

Does this resort qualify for the extended hours for the parks? We are going there the week of the 17th and were hoping to get to stay late at the MGM park. This is our first trip, and are hoping to make many more!
1wrestlingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #2182
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wrestlingmom
Does this resort qualify for the extended hours for the parks? We are going there the week of the 17th and were hoping to get to stay late at the MGM park. This is our first trip, and are hoping to make many more!
yes it does qualify for extra magic hours. Also MGM is called Hollywood Studios now, just so you can be hip with the lingo ;-)

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #2183
MissTink
MissyTink Boo Boo

I think I'll always call it MGM.

CR (x4) ~ ASSp (x4) ~ ASMu (x2) ~ ASMo (x4) ~ CBR ~ POLY ~ POP
MissTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #2184
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

We stayed at AS Movies over the weekend. It was our first time at the All Stars. We had a great time. My 3 year old loved the theming! We will stay again! Staff was nice, everything was clean. It was great. If you want to read my full review, check out the link to my blog below!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #2185
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy3girls View Post
We stayed at AS Movies over the weekend. It was our first time at the All Stars. We had a great time. My 3 year old loved the theming! We will stay again! Staff was nice, everything was clean. It was great. If you want to read my full review, check out the link to my blog below!

Thanks for the review. Good to hear that it's still an awesome place!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #2186
munchkinsmomma24
Mouseketeer

We will be staying at All Star Movies next month - whoohoo! My husband and I and one of our kids are in one room, and my mom and other three kids are in another. We've requested adjoining rooms, and we have preferred rooms. My mom paid for both rooms. She booked hers first and then later added ours, but the reservation for our room (mine and my husband's) is linked to my Disney account. I'm the one who received the e-mail confirmation, not her. The CM told her on the phone that we are in one of the front buildings. Anyone know which one they would mean? If we want to request a certain building/view for both rooms, and keep the fact that want to be adjoining, which one of us should call?

I don't want to be overly picky, but part of why we picked All Star Movie is for the great movie stuff, which is mostly outside. My kids have never seen Fantasia, but they love 101 Dalmations and Toy Story, so I would love for them to be able to see something related to those out the windows.
munchkinsmomma24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #2187
gillenkl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Are the beds at movies hard and uncomfortable like the ones I have seen written about at Pop?
During our Aug trip they were replacing beds in the Toy Story section of ASMo. Our bed hadn't been replaced while we were there. The bed was ok....the bed at POR was great!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #2188
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinsmomma24 View Post
We will be staying at All Star Movies next month - whoohoo! My husband and I and one of our kids are in one room, and my mom and other three kids are in another. We've requested adjoining rooms, and we have preferred rooms. My mom paid for both rooms. She booked hers first and then later added ours, but the reservation for our room (mine and my husband's) is linked to my Disney account. I'm the one who received the e-mail confirmation, not her. The CM told her on the phone that we are in one of the front buildings. Anyone know which one they would mean? If we want to request a certain building/view for both rooms, and keep the fact that want to be adjoining, which one of us should call?

I don't want to be overly picky, but part of why we picked All Star Movie is for the great movie stuff, which is mostly outside. My kids have never seen Fantasia, but they love 101 Dalmations and Toy Story, so I would love for them to be able to see something related to those out the windows.
First of all I am jealous you are there in a month - take me with you

Anyway, if it was me, I personally would call to make sure I put my request in. The preferred buildings are 101 Dalmations, toy story & fantasia. All these buildings are what I would consider to be "front buildings" . We stayed in Fantasia when we were there - liked it because it was quiet but 101 Dalmations and Toy Story had better decorations.

Your kids are going to love it - IMO ASMo has the best decorations. (we love POP too but for different reasons).

Have a great trip!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #2189
munchkinsmomma24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
First of all I am jealous you are there in a month - take me with you

Anyway, if it was me, I personally would call to make sure I put my request in. The preferred buildings are 101 Dalmations, toy story & fantasia. All these buildings are what I would consider to be "front buildings" . We stayed in Fantasia when we were there - liked it because it was quiet but 101 Dalmations and Toy Story had better decorations.

Your kids are going to love it - IMO ASMo has the best decorations. (we love POP too but for different reasons).

Have a great trip!
Thanks, we are crazy excited! Or - I am My husband is just putting up with me, and my kids don't know yet! lol So glad I found these boards, because it gave me an outlet for all my Disney processing
munchkinsmomma24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #2190
Jimmysmom0703
Mouseketeer

I am leaving in less than 48 hours n I need 45 more days!! Any last minute advice??
Jimmysmom0703 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: