Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #2146
Atchley
"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"

Are The Mighty Ducks sections and The Love Bug sections the standard sections of the resort?
We are going to be staying in two rooms the night before we check into AKV and we just want a place to sleep since we will be getting in so late in the evening. We don't care about a preferred room since we will be leaving by 7:00 the next morning to pick up our tickets and such at AKV.
Just wondering about the sections. We stayed here back in 2003 and the kids loved the pool in The Mighty Ducks section. We haven't stayed at a value since then. Taking DD BFF and DNeph this time. I think they will enjoy the big characters.

May 30/June 8 2013-AKVJune 6/9 2012-CBRJune 9/16 2012-VWLSept 4/11 2010-BLTSept 3/8 2009-PORJuly 17/25 2009-WLJuly 19/26 2008-WL July 15/22 2006-CBR July 20/26 2003-ASMo
Atchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #2147
Jimmysmom0703
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysmom0703
Hello I have a few questions and sory if they were answered already
We are going down Sept 14 thru 22 staying at AsMo

1. We have 2 families going and we requested adjoining rooms (the ones w/ the door inbetween the rooms) I REALLY need this request, should I do online check in because I am afraid if we check in late there will be no more adjoining rooms left

2. We are landing at 2:45pm taking the ME to the hotel and then headed straight for the MNSSHP that night..If our room isnt ready is there a place we can change into our costumes?? (we are bringing our costumes on our carry on so we dont have to wait for our luggage)

3. Does anyone know the earilest the bus picks you up at movies to goto HS..I want to do the Jedi training and get online super early (like 730 or 8) or should I take a cab?

4. And what is the chance that they will give you a perferred room when you didnt pay for it?

I am sorry if these are not in the right forum and thank you for your time and your advice!
Also one more ?..does anyone know how many games equal 100 points in the arcades??
Jimmysmom0703 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #2148
Mississippianna
Still loving Disney World like a 6-year-old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysmom0703 View Post

1. We have 2 families going and we requested adjoining rooms (the ones w/ the door inbetween the rooms) I REALLY need this request, should I do online check in because I am afraid if we check in late there will be no more adjoining rooms left

2. We are landing at 2:45pm taking the ME to the hotel and then headed straight for the MNSSHP that night..If our room isnt ready is there a place we can change into our costumes?? (we are bringing our costumes on our carry on so we dont have to wait for our luggage)

3. Does anyone know the earilest the bus picks you up at movies to goto HS..I want to do the Jedi training and get online super early (like 730 or 8) or should I take a cab?

4. And what is the chance that they will give you a perferred room when you didnt pay for it?

I am sorry if these are not in the right forum and thank you for your time and your advice!
1. You want to be sure you say connecting rooms. Call Disney travel and ask that this request be noted on your reservation. Online check in will not affect room assignment, and I recommend you go ahead and check in online. At the check in desk, changes to room location can still be made if your room assignment doesn't meet your needs.

2. Yes, you can change in the bathrooms located in Cinema Hall, the building where you check in.

3. I think buses usually start running 2 hours before park opening.

4. Almost no chance, honestly. You should expect to get exactly what you have paid for.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #2149
allyssapackett
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyssapackett
I have seen a few posts about the laundry centers at Movies, but has anyone been there recently and used them? Please inform me of which one to go to and which one to avoid.
I read one washer spits out hot water no matter what setting it's on????
Thanks!!! 8 more days!!!
Now there's 4 more days until we get there. Can anyone help me?
allyssapackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #2150
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Quote:

1. You can do on-line check-in. But I would call. I did on-line check-in but phoned three requests in. All our requests were given.

2. There is bathrooms/changing area near pool. You can store stuff at bell services. However, your room may be ready (you'll probably get to resort around 4PM).

3. Buses run an hour and half before park opens. Although we stayed at Pop in August, we caught the bus at 7:45AM and got to HS at 8 AM! Tip: when you get there, look for turnstile that will be used (cover off). Everyone just lined up at the first two, we went further down and were first in line. DC and I walked to Sounds Dangerously studio, hubby went to TSM for FP. Even though there was already a line at Jedi training, we got into first show.

4. Hard to tell - I paid for preferred at ASMo when we stayed there. Honestly, the standard were not that far imo.

And for the arcade question, my hubby asked at Pop and they told him 100 credits would only cover a few games. We did not use it, so I could not confirm that.

Have an awesome trip!
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #2151
DalmationGal29
Mouseketeer

Pool Towels

Just wondering if the resort supplies towels down at the pool or if we need to bring them from our room?

Should I pack our swimming towels from home?

TIA
Old 09-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #2152
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmationGal29
Just wondering if the resort supplies towels down at the pool or if we need to bring them from our room?

TIA
You'll want to bring them from your room. I actually did pack my personal beach towel from home and felt it was a good decision.
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #2153
tweedlemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmationGal29 View Post

TIA
We stop by the concierge desk before jumping in the pool and ask for more towels. That way we can just toss them in the pool towel return when we are done and our shower towels can remain in the room.

tweedlemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #2154
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedlemom View Post
We stop by the concierge desk before jumping in the pool and ask for more towels. That way we can just toss them in the pool towel return when we are done and our shower towels can remain in the room.
Great idea. I was thinking about packing beach towels in case our room wasn't ready when we check in. One less thing to pack!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #2155
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Okay, I've got kinda a weird question for you all. Let's see who has an answer...I have 2 kids (ages almost 5 and 6). My 5 year old is a bit short. I was wondering if she will be able to reach the sink by herself or if we should bring a step. I want her to be able to brush her teeth and wash her hands w/o any help. Anyone have any idea? I went to POP which i'm sure is similar, but the kids weren't with me, so it didn't even dawn on me to check. Thanks for any info anyone may have!

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #2156
hfuellgraf
DisneyMOM

Fridges are now standard And Movies has been updated recently: carpet, curtains, lights, spreads and mattresses!
00-All star Movies Buzz; 03-All Star Movies Woody; 04-All star Movies Dalmations; 05 All Star Movies Buzz; 06-All star Sports; 07-CBR; 08-All star Movies- Fantasia;12-All star Movies-Dalmations Planning March-13-All star Movies OR AoA Cars Suite
hfuellgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #2157
hfuellgraf
DisneyMOM

Answers:

Quote:

Call the day before tell them your situation and that you want "CONNECTING ROOMS" I've never checked in online, maybe someone else will know th answer.

They will store your luggage and yes bathrooms are available and store your chnange of clothes with your other bags at the front desk. No need to lug it around the party.

Busses run 60-90 min. before park opening. HS those days opens at 9 am so it will be close, I would check with the desk at check in.
It will take 30 minutes travel time and 15 minute walk to the Jedi Training...Be prepared for the travel time.

I would ask for the Buzz/Woody or Dalmations building, it can't hurt to ask!!!!

Hope that helps.
00-All star Movies Buzz; 03-All Star Movies Woody; 04-All star Movies Dalmations; 05 All Star Movies Buzz; 06-All star Sports; 07-CBR; 08-All star Movies- Fantasia;12-All star Movies-Dalmations Planning March-13-All star Movies OR AoA Cars Suite

Last edited by hfuellgraf; 09-04-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: color
hfuellgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #2158
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
Okay, I've got kinda a weird question for you all. Let's see who has an answer...I have 2 kids (ages almost 5 and 6). My 5 year old is a bit short. I was wondering if she will be able to reach the sink by herself or if we should bring a step. I want her to be able to brush her teeth and wash her hands w/o any help. Anyone have any idea? I went to POP which i'm sure is similar, but the kids weren't with me, so it didn't even dawn on me to check. Thanks for any info anyone may have!
Stayed at POP recently but stayed at ASMo in 2009 - they are similar sink heights. My 8 year old (50 inches tall) was fine with sink. My four year old (40 inches tall) had trouble. HTH
Old 09-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #2159
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchley View Post
Are The Mighty Ducks sections and The Love Bug sections the standard sections of the resort?
We are going to be staying in two rooms the night before we check into AKV and we just want a place to sleep since we will be getting in so late in the evening. We don't care about a preferred room since we will be leaving by 7:00 the next morning to pick up our tickets and such at AKV.
Just wondering about the sections. We stayed here back in 2003 and the kids loved the pool in The Mighty Ducks section. We haven't stayed at a value since then. Taking DD BFF and DNeph this time. I think they will enjoy the big characters.
Yes - Mighty Duck & the Love Bug are standard sections. We loved ASMo too. The theming is great! Have a great trip!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #2160
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
Stayed at POP recently but stayed at ASMo in 2009 - they are similar sink heights. My 8 year old (50 inches tall) was fine with sink. My four year old (40 inches tall) had trouble. HTH
Thanks for this. We are already bringing a million things, so what's one more?? I guess I'll be packing the step stool

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: