Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #2086
Jetta8300
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! My husband and I are very excited to be making a trip to the ASMo resort this thanksgiving! After spending money on 2 cruises over the past year (and liking the CSR moderate resort better than the Contemporary deluxe) we are excited to try out a value this time!

Just a few questions, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on trying to get a King bed room. Should I call to put in this request? I know it's a slim chance since they only have a few.

We will have a car, and hope to be close to the parking lot. We basically just use the room to sleep in and go to and from the car. For this reason we didn't feel the need to book a preferred room. Is there a section I should request to be by a parking lot? If so how long does it then take to walk to the food court?

Thanks!

Last edited by Jetta8300; 07-08-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Jetta8300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #2087
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta8300 View Post
Hello everyone! My husband and I are very excited to be making a trip to the ASMo resort this thanksgiving! After spending money on 2 cruises over the past year (and liking the CSR moderate resort better than the Contemporary deluxe) we are excited to try out a value this time!

Just a few questions, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on trying to get a King bed room. Should I call to put in this request? I know it's a slim chance since they only have a few.

We will have a car, and hope to be close to the parking lot. We basically just use the room to sleep in and go to and from the car. For this reason we didn't feel the need to book a preferred room. Is there a section I should request to be buy a parking lot? If so how long does it then take to walk to the food court?

Thanks!
We stayed at ASMo in 2009 and LOVED it. If you accept it for what it is - a place to rest, shower and get ready for the parks, you'll like it.

We stayed in a preferred building and after seeing how close everything was, realized a standard building would be just as good. For a standard building, I would choose Mighty Ducks. They have king sized beds and it is close to food court and parking lot. It is also close to ASMu - we walked over there a few times for food court and shopping. It is a little bit further from the main pool but there is a "quiet" pool in Mighty Ducks section.

As for requests, you can do on-line checkin 10 days prior to your stay, you can put requests there. Or you could call it in.

Have a great trip!
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #2088
dazednconfused
DIS Veteran

Hello Disers!
A quick question: Has anyone personally encountered the Pop Warner kids at AS Movies during the first week of December? I know they frequent Sports and Music and I had heard or read somewhere on the web that AS Movies is usually spared. But, how true is this?? There are those who say that all 3 AS resorts will be affected by Pop Warner. Hence, my query.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #2089
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazednconfused View Post
Hello Disers!
A quick question: Has anyone personally encountered the Pop Warner kids at AS Movies during the first week of December? I know they frequent Sports and Music and I had heard or read somewhere on the web that AS Movies is usually spared. But, how true is this?? There are those who say that all 3 AS resorts will be affected by Pop Warner. Hence, my query.
I won't be much help here because I have not been there in December before. I just wanted to say that I read on another thread that the dates are a bit different this year. I'm not sure when your dates are, but the Pop Warner dates are December 3-7.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #2090
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Here is a link to the ASMovies pictures: Many great pictures of the All Star Movies!!
I hope it's okay to share the link here from another board. A fellow DIS member, Jen has some wonderful pictures of the ASMovies. I always fall in love all over again every time I see pictures from ASMovies. This is our very first on-site stay. It is my favorite value resort. I've stayed at Buzz/Woody section twice and Dalmations once. I would love to come "home" again to this place, but this time, we are going to POP to check out AoA.
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #2091
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fantasia*
Here is a link to the ASMovies pictures: Many great pictures of the All Star Movies!!
I hope it's okay to share the link here from another board. A fellow DIS member, Jen has some wonderful pictures of the ASMovies. I always fall in love all over again every time I see pictures from ASMovies. This is our very first on-site stay. It is my favorite value resort. I've stayed at Buzz/Woody section twice and Dalmations once. I would love to come "home" again to this place, but this time, we are going to POP to check out AoA.
Great pictures!! Probably worth noting for any newbies that these pictures are from 2011 and now each room has a fridge in the dresser under the TV. The picture shows how the space used to be just shelves.
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Mariep26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #2092
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariep26 View Post
Great pictures!! Probably worth noting for any newbies that these pictures are from 2011 and now each room has a fridge in the dresser under the TV. The picture shows how the space used to be just shelves.
Correct. I took my pictures in Aug of 2011 and the rooms were refurbed, but not having the fridges yet...I think there are some pictures on there further into the thread though of it.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #2093
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Does anyone here know if ASMo has wifi like most of the other resorts do now? Probably a dumb question but I haven't stayed at an All Star resort since 2001
Old 07-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #2094
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
Does anyone here know if ASMo has wifi like most of the other resorts do now? Probably a dumb question but I haven't stayed at an All Star resort since 2001
yes they do
Old 07-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #2095
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
yes they do
Great! Thank you
Old 07-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #2096
*Fantasia*
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Quote:
Correct. I took my pictures in Aug of 2011 and the rooms were refurbed, but not having the fridges yet...I think there are some pictures on there further into the thread though of it.
Hi Jen.. I hope you don't mind that I have shared your pictures here via the link. I don't know if other people know that there is a board for resort pictures only. I hope you're not upset. I just wanted everyone here on this thread to see how vibrant and how very Disney the ASMovies is. And by the way, your pictures are wonderful!! You take great pictures!! I also saw some pictures you took from POP resort and they are all beautiful. You take pictures in all different angles, and that's what makes it unique. Again.. I'm so sorry that I didn't ask you ahead of time..

Old 07-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #2097
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fantasia* View Post
Hi Jen.. I hope you don't mind that I have shared your pictures here via the link. I don't know if other people know that there is a board for resort pictures only. I hope you're not upset. I just wanted everyone here on this thread to see how vibrant and how very Disney the ASMovies is. And by the way, your pictures are wonderful!! You take great pictures!! I also saw some pictures you took from POP resort and they are all beautiful. You take pictures in all different angles, and that's what makes it unique. Again.. I'm so sorry that I didn't ask you ahead of time..
No problem at all.. I have share the link here before too...but it's probably many pages back..Thats why I made the thread...I want people to get a visual of the place. For me, I really love to see as many pictures as i can of the place I am going to.

Thanks for the compliments. I love taking pictures!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #2098
*Fantasia*

Quote:
No problem at all.. I have share the link here before too...but it's probably many pages back..Thats why I made the thread...I want people to get a visual of the place. For me, I really love to see as many pictures as i can of the place I am going to.

Thanks for the compliments. I love taking pictures!
Keep taking them pictures!! You probably took photography back in high school. I want the same camera you have! If I can't take good pictures, at least the camera will do the trick!

Old 07-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #2099
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fantasia* View Post
Keep taking them pictures!! You probably took photography back in high school. I want the same camera you have! If I can't take good pictures, at least the camera will do the trick!
I actually didn't. I always took lots of pic though, but once digital came aroun I really liked that you could take as many as you wanted and it didn't cost anything... Sinmple things like that make me happy.....So a few years ago I started getting better cameras and reading books then took a few classes at the art museum on photography too. That was a lot of fun.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #2100
*Fantasia*

Quote:
I actually didn't. I always took lots of pic though, but once digital came aroun I really liked that you could take as many as you wanted and it didn't cost anything... Sinmple things like that make me happy.....So a few years ago I started getting better cameras and reading books then took a few classes at the art museum on photography too. That was a lot of fun.
Ah! See! I knew you took a photography class.. well, maybe not in high school! Well.. it paid off! I can't wait to see more pictures from you. Just let us know when to look out for it. I don't want to miss it.

Do you ever take pictures of the windows/doors decorated? I would love to decorate my window on our next trip. I have been to Disney plenty of times, but never done it. I'm excited to start making stuff for the window!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: