Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #196
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellul1
What's the difference between a premium and a regular room? Do I still have to request a fridge for the premium room?

We're first timers and really excited but somewhat overwhelmed by the whole idea of planning the trip. I don't want to waste a minute of time when we're there!!!!
The price difference is $12 I think, and you will have to request the fridge, it's $10 a night also, plus tax. The only difference in the rooms is the location. The preferred are closer to the food court and bus stop. It wouldn't be worth it to me, the Love Bug building and Mighty Ducks buildings are the furthest away, it was maybe a 5 minute or so walk? We used ASMusic's bus a couple times after park closing because they weren't as full, but that walk wasn't bad either, just cross the parking lot from Music and you're in Mighty Ducks.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #197
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

When I put in a request for a room, do I request a specific building number or just Fantasia, Toy Story, etc? Thanks!
triplefigs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #198
Princess89
Ignores her DH to give all her attention to the Tag Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplefigs
I'd love to hear anything and EVERYTHING about ASMo. We have never stayed anywhere except Deluxe. I thought I'd be upset about cancelling the CR concierge, but I'm actually really excited! We booked 2 rooms in the preferred building for our family of 5. We have requested non-smoking and connecting rooms. I know my kids will flip when they all of their favorite characters larger than life. I think I'm going to flip too!
  • 101 Dalmations, Toy Story, and Fantasia are all preferred now? My son is Special needs and a quieter room would be better. Which one would you suggest, or are they all good and just pick the kids fave to request? We'd actually be happy with any of those themes.
  • Should we rent a car as well? We are there Sept 23-30 and going to MNSSHP on Friday 9/29. Would that help with the busses or be a waste of money.
  • My son has medicine that needs refrigerating. Will they charge us for the refrigerator?
  • Will ME deliver your bags to the room, or just to the front desk lobby?
I appreciate the help! I am going to try to read this entire thread for more info, but at the moment these were my questions if anyone could help.

I think your first question was answered already with yes, those are now all preferred buildings. In my opinion, each of the building has a quiter section. Rooms that face courtyard or even parking lot for that matter (they don't face just the parking lot, there is a courtyard and beyond that a parking lot) are quiet. I have had both and I never found the noise 'too bad' facing the pool but that is my opinion.

I don't rent a car, because I have found that the buses are suffucient transportation. I drive down and have my car handy, the only time I used it was to go eat at a resort, and I still didn't really NEED to.

From what I understand refrigerators are a courtesy to those that need it for medical necessities. For non medical reasons they charge 10 per night (that was the price last I checked).

As far as ME is concerned that I can't address I have never used it.

Happy planning, and hope you and your family enjoy your vacation!
Old 06-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #199
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'd love to hear anything and EVERYTHING about ASMo. We have never stayed anywhere except Deluxe. I thought I'd be upset about cancelling the CR concierge, but I'm actually really excited! We booked 2 rooms in the preferred building for our family of 5. We have requested non-smoking and connecting rooms. I know my kids will flip when they all of their favorite characters larger than life. I think I'm going to flip too!
  • 101 Dalmations, Toy Story, and Fantasia are all preferred now? My son is Special needs and a quieter room would be better. Which one would you suggest, or are they all good and just pick the kids fave to request? We'd actually be happy with any of those themes.
  • Should we rent a car as well? We are there Sept 23-30 and going to MNSSHP on Friday 9/29. Would that help with the busses or be a waste of money.
  • My son has medicine that needs refrigerating. Will they charge us for the refrigerator?
I appreciate the help! I am going to try to read this entire thread for more info, but at the moment these were my questions if anyone could help.
When I stayed at ASMo I didn't have a car and we did fine. I never had a problem with the busses. We did stay at Epcot til closing one night and the lines for the ASMo was huge so we just took the ASMu bus (with short line) back and walked over to ASMo from there. I don't think a car would help you at MNSSHP because you'd still have to take the ferry or monorail over to the TTC and then take the tram to your car.

We did use DME but had only carry on. Our room wasn't ready so we left our bags with luggage storage and went to the parks. When we got back to the resort that night they had delivered the bags to the room. I did just stay at Pop and used DME and they did deliver our checked bags to the room. You do have to actually ride the DME bus to get the bag service. But you and the kids could take the bus and your DH could get the rental car-or you could rent a car later in the week. My 5 year old DS has asked if we are going to take the bus to the resort again. He really liked it-they show a fun movie on the ride to the resort to get all excited about all the fun things to do at Disney.

You should get the fridge for free but I would add it to your reservation now.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:31 AM   #200
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP
I've found the newer you are, the more planning that needs to be done

Quote:
  • Bldg/room suggestion. I would ask for Bldg 1 (Pongo) or Bldg 10 (Buzz) *NOT* courtyard facing. THat will put you close to everything and minimize the noise. Fantasia is really a waste as far as preferred goes...
  • I wouldn't rent a car unless your son would do better without the standing on the bus.
  • Call CRO and add that you need a refridgerator for medicines. You will not ahve to pay for it.
  • ME delivers to your room. Be sure to have a day bag with swimsuits and a change of clothes for the whole family. It can take several hours before your bags arrive. If you are arriving after 6pm, do NOT check your bags through to the resort, do not use the ME tags. Collect your own bags and carry them on. If you have ME deliver your bags for an evening arrival flight, chances are good that you won't get them until AFTER you leave in the morning for your first theme park.
**** I saw CoP for the first time 4/12/05 2:43pm ****
Stephen's Ultimate Collection of Disney Links

Last edited by ChairborneRangr; 06-14-2006 at 12:40 AM.
ChairborneRangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:19 PM   #201
wdwfamilyinIL
DIS Veteran

I was looking over this board, and noticed that it stated that the bus transportation was pretty good for this resort. We just got back from our 2nd stay here, and this last time the bus problem was even worse than the last August. We were told by a driver that they are over 400 drivers short, and that problem just keeps growing. It was nothing to wait 45 minutes one way for a bus, and that was just anytime. We noticed that there were usually twice as many busses for the moderate/deluxe resorts. The only value resort that had plentiful busses was pop. Between the bus situation, and the rudiness of the front desk, its highly unlikely we would stay here again or recommend it. I hope that when we decide to go again that we can afford to upgrade.

ASM 05,06POP 07,08
POFQ 09,10
Disney Dream May 11
POR JUNE 11
wdwfamilyinIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #202
Bibbidi
DIS Veteran

subscribing
Old 06-23-2006, 08:32 AM   #203
hawt1
Mouseketeer

Looking at a map of Disney property and trying to guage whether ASMo is close enought o Blizzard Beach and Animal Kingdom to walk there?

Or does anyone know how much it would cost by cab to each of these?

Looking at this as an alternate to waiting for the bus unless someone knows if Disney bus runs fairly regularly to these two parks.

Thanks,
Old 06-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #204
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

Theoretically you could walk to Animal Kingdom but there is no footpath and it would be frowned upon I'm sure. Your best bet is to use the buses - they run early and well after the parks close. You'll be able to get them to both.
2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
maleficent_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #205
deadhedjen
Mouseketeer

Well, we're heading to ASMo in just a few more days with a crew of 7 kids total. The age range is from 2-13.

We're relying on the bus transportation, although we will have a rental car for DH/DS's trip to Daytona and our grocery/beverage runs.

I promise I'll post all about it when I get back.

Me , DH , DS19 , DD17 , DD14 , and DD11

deadhedjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:17 PM   #206
Lizzybee
Perpetually Earning my Ears

Well when we were at ASMo last summer the only bus we had to wait for really was AK and that was probably a hot hot hot 25 min wait. March 2005 we waited almost an hour at POR for an AK bus...but we went on an early EMH day the day before Easter on spring break. All of POR and POFQ went there too because when a horrible storm came thru and just wouldn't quit, the bus depot for those resorts went all the way thru the queing area and back to the front of the depot from the very back. I guess what I'm trying to say is you hear the same story from all the resorts really sometimes the busses are great sometimes they are slow.
Lizzybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:54 PM   #207
hftmrock
Earning My Ears

subscribing
hftmrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:54 AM   #208
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP
I've found the newer you are, the more planning that needs to be done

Um, no

While they may be close enough, the roads are NOT set up for pedestrian traffic. It is not safe. Furthest you whould walk is out to the McDonalds outside the All Star's gate.

Animal Kingdom would be TOO FAR for sure.

I have never had an issue with bus transportation at ASMo.
**** I saw CoP for the first time 4/12/05 2:43pm ****
Stephen's Ultimate Collection of Disney Links
ChairborneRangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #209
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Andy's Room

I've heard of Andy's room within the ASMo, but I'm wondering where it is? Can someone help? I've booked a preferred room location already but would love for the kids to be close to this. Is it facing the pkg. lot or the courtyard? Anyone know what number room would be closest to Andy's room?
Old 06-25-2006, 01:34 PM   #210
verchad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos
I've heard of Andy's room within the ASMo, but I'm wondering where it is? Can someone help? I've booked a preferred room location already but would love for the kids to be close to this. Is it facing the pkg. lot or the courtyard? Anyone know what number room would be closest to Andy's room?
The Andy's room display is in what you could call the courtyard, where all the Toy Story buildings meet. It is cool, lot's of good spots for fun pictures. The kids can sit in RC, climb on some blocks, have a giant Buzz standing behind them. Even the adults can look like little kids reaching for the doorknob on the door to "Andy's Room".

If you just leave your building and walk to the main walkway from the Toy Story section to the pools/check in building/foodcourt, it's right there.
Oct. 2004 @ All Star Movies - GREAT!
June 2007 Won an Alamo.com trip @ Grand Floridian and 2 Extra days @ Pop Century
Now planning for Dec. 2009 @ All Star Movies, Music, or Pop Century
verchad is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: