Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #181
wdwfanatik
Earning My Ears

Which building would you request if you were traveling with six? 3 adults, 3 children (7,8,12). We've booked two rooms and asked for them to be connecting. I can always ask for something different when I arrive.
wdwfanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #182
Princess89
Ignores her DH to give all her attention to the Tag Fairy

I believe it depends, do the children have a specific thing they like, do you want it to be super quiet, or do you want to be close to cinema hall, pool, buses etc. I stayed Toy Story last year, and this year I want Fantasia. Some Toy Story rooms are closer to the main building and some are in left field. Since I only said Toy Story that is what I got and I was in left field. To avoid the left field area I requested Fantasia this year, they are what used to be the preferred rooms (now TS and 101 dal are as well) but they are centrally located. It really depends on what your preferences are. But if you prefer TS try for the Buzz side!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #183
ptrbryant
DIS Veteran

Just back from Love Bug section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magalex
Anyone stayed in the Herbie Bldgs? Any comments about those bldgs? My 5 yr old DS and I made a deal on our next trip it will be CBR or ASMO(Herbie-his choice). So the good thing about his choice the bldg he chose is still standard price. Any Herbie area fans out there?
We got back about 2 weeks ago and stayed in the Herbie bldgs.! DS10 had liked "Herbie:Fully Loaded" and thought staying in the Love Bug bldgs. would be less "little kiddish" than Toy Story. We were only there one night (last minute addition to our trip), but we loved it! I think the walk from the Love Bug bldgs. to the pool/food court areas was, at most, 4-5 minutes...no big deal at all. A good thing about the location was that we had absolutely NO issue with noise! Never heard a thing once we were in our room. The guestroom was immaculate---never seen such a spotless room before! We were on the 2nd floor, facing the courtyard. It was great fun and we look forward to staying there again!

Karla B.

p.s. Also had to mention: very comfortable beds!
May 2005:Saratoga Springs Resort/Port Orleans Riverside
May 2006: AllStar Movies (Love Bug)/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
May 2007: Villas at Wilderness Lodge/Pop Century
December 2008: Wilderness Lodge
September 2009: Port Orleans Riverside

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/vyauc5sff5g051ip.png[/img]
ptrbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:22 PM   #184
margepin
Earning My Ears

The Cool McDonald's

right near the AS resorts is open 24 hours according to the sign I saw posted a few days ago when I was there. My daughter 5 wanted to go there so bad but I wasn't walking!

Margie

All Star Movies for 2006
margepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #185
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the great info. I'm excited for our ASMo stay in december!!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:46 AM   #186
Passions71203
Not saying that old men are ugly...but old men with big clocks around their necks are ugly...
You guys would have to do more to scare me off

??

When we booked our hotel on the web we requested a conecting room to my in-laws. Then we finally got all the paper work in the mail and it was right on there. So should I still call them to make sure they have it? Or don't you think it will be a problem?
TIA

Erin
Passions71203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #187
Princess89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passions71203
When we booked our hotel on the web we requested a conecting room to my in-laws. Then we finally got all the paper work in the mail and it was right on there. So should I still call them to make sure they have it? Or don't you think it will be a problem?
TIA

Erin
I don't think it will be a problem at all. I would just confirm at check in that you requested a connecting room, more or less need a connecting room. I have the same thing on my reservation documents, and I happened to have called Disney for something unrelated, and they went over my entire reservation, and they repeated that to me. Like I said I don't think there will be a problem at all.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #188
tink2
DIS Veteran

We have reservations for ASMo in Dec. We have never stayed in a value but are excited to try ASMo! I do have a question that I haven't seen on here- forgive me if it has been asked and/or answered. Do the bathrooms have a privacy curtain like the moderates do? I usually get up first and it helped the kids stay asleep when I had the light on during our last trip. TIA!

Me , Dh , DD15 ; DS13
Hilton summer 1987 ~ POFQ Thanksgiving week 1999 ~ Riverside Thanksgiving 2001 ~ AKL Thanksgiving 2003 ~ POFQ Dec. 5-11 2004 ~ POFQ Jan. 26- Feb. 2 2008 ~ POFQ Thanksgiving Week 2009~ POFQ Christmas week 2011 (Dec 25- 31) ~ POR June 2013
tink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #189
Princess89

Unfortunately there is no privacy curtain I really wish they did have one!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #190
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

That's something I wish they had too. But I bet I can come up with a makeshift one. I forgot about that and now am reminded to make that work for us this time.
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:30 AM   #191
vellamint
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471
That's something I wish they had too. But I bet I can come up with a makeshift one. I forgot about that and now am reminded to make that work for us this time.
There is another thread (somewhere lol) that suggest bringing a shower curtain liner and either an expandable pole (a pain I would think in the luggage) OR those stick on hooks. Then you just hang the liner in that area.
11/2010 Disneyland Paris For My GIRLS SWEET 16!! (Sequoia Lodge)
08/09 All Star Sports -- 11/09 BWV & Disney Wonder -- 2/2010 The Disneyland Hotel -- 10/10 BLT F&W/MNSSHP
01/09 Grand Floridian & Disney Wonder -- 8/08 Hard Rock Hotel & Cypress Pointe & Pop Century --
2/08 Animal Kingdom Villas --
8/06 All Star Movies & Venetian Villages -- 4/06 Grand Californian
3/05 Wilderness Lodge Villas -- 8/04 Disneyland & DCA -- 2/04 Boardwalk Villas -- 8/03 HIFS & Marriott Cypress Harbour
1/03 Beach Club Villas & Old Key West -- 4/02 Radisson Twin Towers & Caribbean Beach -- 8/00 Holiday Inn Sunspree
vellamint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #192
wdwfanatik
Earning My Ears

Just Got Back

Just got bck from 6 nights @ ASMovies. Stayed in Dalmations section. Room face outward, can't say parking lot (lot of greenery between room and whatever was past it). Saw several armadillos. Even petted a couple of them. Recomendations: Stay as close to food court and bus terminal as possible. And no matter how many people are in your party, only buy one refillable mugg. I saw people all week long walk up to the fountains with one refillable mugg and several other cups. No one was ever watching. You could have filled up anything you wanted. Just watch,you'll see.
I also used Magical Express. Flight arrived at 9:30. In my room by 11:00. Luggage deivered @ 3:30am. Was also "randomly selected", by the "airport", to check our own luggage and get our own boarding passes at the airport. I quess a free ride back to the airport is better than nothing. It just wasn't what I expected. Take advantage of Extra Magic Hours and Fast Pass, Fast Pass, Fast Pass.
wdwfanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #193
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

I'd love to hear anything and EVERYTHING about ASMo. We have never stayed anywhere except Deluxe. I thought I'd be upset about cancelling the CR concierge, but I'm actually really excited! We booked 2 rooms in the preferred building for our family of 5. We have requested non-smoking and connecting rooms. I know my kids will flip when they all of their favorite characters larger than life. I think I'm going to flip too!
  • 101 Dalmations, Toy Story, and Fantasia are all preferred now? My son is Special needs and a quieter room would be better. Which one would you suggest, or are they all good and just pick the kids fave to request? We'd actually be happy with any of those themes.
  • Should we rent a car as well? We are there Sept 23-30 and going to MNSSHP on Friday 9/29. Would that help with the busses or be a waste of money.
  • My son has medicine that needs refrigerating. Will they charge us for the refrigerator?
  • Will ME deliver your bags to the room, or just to the front desk lobby?
I appreciate the help! I am going to try to read this entire thread for more info, but at the moment these were my questions if anyone could help.
triplefigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:57 PM   #194
vellul1
Earning My Ears

What's the difference between a premium and a regular room? Do I still have to request a fridge for the premium room?

We're first timers and really excited but somewhat overwhelmed by the whole idea of planning the trip. I don't want to waste a minute of time when we're there!!!!
vellul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:51 PM   #195
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Triplefigs---We loved ASMo! The 3 buildings you listed are all preferred buildings. We stayed at ASMo in Sept 2004, and it was booked solid, as a hurricane was coming the night we arrived and no one was leaving. We had a room on the back (parking lot, except there were too many trees to really see it) size of Buzz building #10 and it was pretty quiet. There was a family of kids that ran down the outside corridor several times yelling at the top of their lungs, but that's nothing to do with the location; that was just noisy neighbors! We didn't hear anything else, even when the hurricane was going on.

We didn't rent a car (never do), we just used the busses and it was fine. There was one day that we waited about 15 minutes for a bus to Epcot, but that was the only long wait we had.

Can't answer the other questions, but I hope you love ASMo!
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: