Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2006, 06:52 AM   #166
pperfectmom
Has the sense of direction of a manatee
What's a chachi?

Best room in Fantasia?

This is an awesome thread! I have never taken a trip to WDW with kids before so this should be an experience . My wee ones will be 3 and 18 months when we go in September. I made reservations for a preferred room but didn't specify which building. My DD is a Mickey fan and I assumed with the preferred room we would get Fantasia. Now I see that other buildings have been added. Should I call now to make a request or wait until closer to the actual trip? Also which room would be best? I do want to be somewhat close to the bus stop, food court, etc.. ,but we will be taking a nap every afternoon (I hope) and I am worried the pool side might be loud. Help!

Another question concerns coffee. I've created a new thread but no one answered. I have read where some addicts take their own coffee pot. Is this worth the hassle? Do they have a rule against it? We are driving, so I should be able to squeeze it in the car if needed. I need it first thing in the morning and my DH could go either way, so I will be the one trudging to the food court looking unkempt . What's the consensus on BYOCoffee pot?
pperfectmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:49 AM   #167
Rachljo22
Earning My Ears

~Also which room would be best? I do want to be somewhat close to the bus stop, food court, etc.. ,but we will be taking a nap every afternoon (I hope) and I am worried the pool side might be loud.~

I just got back from ASM and stayed in Fantasia (bld 5). I had no problem with pool noise and it was pretty close to the main building where the buss stop is located. HTH
Ryan (9 mo)

Apr 2006- All Star Movies
Rachljo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #168
Magalex
DIS Veteran

Anyone stayed in the Herbie Bldgs? Any comments about those bldgs? My 5 yr old DS and I made a deal on our next trip it will be CBR or ASMO(Herbie-his choice). So the good thing about his choice the bldg he chose is still standard price. Any Herbie area fans out there?
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:01 PM   #169
ChrisAlli
DIS Veteran

Another question concerns coffee. I've created a new thread but no one answered. I have read where some addicts take their own coffee pot. Is this worth the hassle? Do they have a rule against it? We are driving, so I should be able to squeeze it in the car if needed. I need it first thing in the morning and my DH could go either way, so I will be the one trudging to the food court looking unkempt . What's the consensus on BYOCoffee pot?[/

Not sure if anyone answered you yet, but I plan to either buy one small enough to pack or buy one at WalMart when we get there. The coffee at Disney is terrible!!!!
ChrisAlli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:05 AM   #170
pperfectmom
Has the sense of direction of a manatee
What's a chachi?

Thanks for your opinion. I have never stayed on site, so i wasn't sure if Disney contracted with Seattle's Best or Orlando's Worst ! I definately think I will be bringing my own coffee pot, freshly ground beans and half and half. If I don't have room in the car I too will make a trip to Walmart to buy a cheap one. The convenience of not having to walk to the food court will be nice. You would think that even the values would provide a coffee pot...maybe some day.
pperfectmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #171
simpsonps121
Mouseketeer

Great thread. We are trying to go to All star Movies the 2nd week of Decemeber.... We will see...

Matthew

Disney trips:
1979 - (I was 3) stayed with friends in Miami
1982 - Stayed with friends in Miami
1985(6?) - Once again, stayed with friends in Miami.
May 2005 with Jill's parents and relatives. I was hooked again.
June 2005 Joined DMC and started flooding my kids with Disney movies. :-)
December 2006 - 7 day stay, with my family and parents at Coranado Springs
November 2009 - 7 night stay, with my family, my parents and my brother's family at ASM!!
November/December 2010 - 7 night stay with my family, my wife's family and her aunt and uncle at ASSports.
September 2011 - 7 night stay at AS Music with my family and my parents.
September 2012 - 5 nights offsite, 2 nights at ASports with my family, and my wife's family/
September 2013 - 7 nights at CBR. with my family, my wife's family, her cousin and child, and her parents.
simpsonps121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:24 AM   #172
alacazander
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=pperfectmom]This is an awesome thread! I have never taken a trip to WDW with kids before so this should be an experience . My wee ones will be 3 and 18 months when we go in September. I made reservations for a preferred room but didn't specify which building. My DD is a Mickey fan and I assumed with the preferred room we would get Fantasia. Now I see that other buildings have been added. Should I call now to make a request or wait until closer to the actual trip? Also which room would be best? I do want to be somewhat close to the bus stop, food court, etc.. ,but we will be taking a nap every afternoon (I hope) and I am worried the pool side might be loud. Help!

QUOTE]

We are in the same situation as you. We booked ASM for September and have a preferred room. We've never been there so I have no idea on what to request or where.

Would love to hear from some on this. Is it just a personal preference for Fantasia, 101 or Toy story buildings or should we put in a request for one in particular because of location or other factors?

Please share!

Also anything else about the resort! Would love to hear!
Fall 1988 Off-Site
Fall 1989 Off-Site
September 04 Poly LVC
September 05 GF RPC
September 06 CR Tower
August 07 Poly LVC
June 09 SSR
August 09 GF RPC
December 10 BLT
July 2011 BLT
November 2012 Dream Cruise
alacazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #173
daisygirl
Earning My Ears

just subscribing, GREAT info!
Old 06-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #174
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I have brought my own pot, and coffee for the room. It worked out great.

Does anyone know if Disney is going to put family suites in the ASMo like the ASMu?
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #175
Nairnyn
Mouseketeer

Okay, I have a new question.

I am a geek, and love the segment of Fantasia 2000 with the ballerina in it...so of course, being the geek that I am, I want to stay in that building. But it is listed as the building with the smoking rooms.

Does that mean that ALL of the buildings in that room are smoking rooms? Or just some of them?

And also, can you request to be on the back side of the building, not facing the pool? Or is it just the building that you can request?

11/99: BWI; 10/05: Off property; 4/06: Off property; 10/06: SSR; 12/06: ASMovies; 12/07: ASMusic;
3/08: ASMovies; 12/08: Off property; 9/09: ASMovies; 1/10: Pop; 3/11: POR; 12/11: POR; 10/12-11/12: ASMusic
Nairnyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #176
Princess89
Ignores her DH to give all her attention to the Tag Fairy

[QUOTE=Nairnyn]

Does that mean that ALL of the buildings in that room are smoking rooms? Or just some of them? QUOTE]

Not ALL of the rooms are smoking in that section. I love staying in that building and we always get NS. I believe, that all of the sections have certain rooms designated for smoking.

If you want to request not facing the pool then I am sure you can. I prefer to face the pool, and have not really encountered many problems, although away from is always much quieter.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #177
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP
I've found the newer you are, the more planning that needs to be done

Quote:
Does anyone know if Disney is going to put family suites in the ASMo like the ASMu?
Disney has not officially said one way or the other. One of the possibilities is all the rooms over in the legendary years (1900-1940) over at Pop Century built as suites.
**** I saw CoP for the first time 4/12/05 2:43pm ****
Stephen's Ultimate Collection of Disney Links
ChairborneRangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #178
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP

You can specify just about anything in a request, but know it is a request, not a promise.

non-courtyard facing should be no problem...
Old 06-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #179
wdwfanatik
Earning My Ears

My vacation starts tomorrow. I requested the Mighty Ducks buildings. Because they are not preferred and close to a pool. Should I really go to the Music resort to catch the bus?
wdwfanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #180
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP

not necessarily. I was using that as a point of comparison on how far away the busses are. You need to be sure to add in a little extra time. Peak season, ASMo has it's own busses. ASMu and ASSp share.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: