Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #1651
RN2B12
Earning My Ears

We are booked to stay in a preferred room at ASMo the last week of October. I requested a Toy Story room, but from what I'm reading the Toy Story building will probably be in the middle of the refurb when we are there. Will I still get a room in one of the other preferred buildings (even though my first request may not be available)?
RN2B12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #1652
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

If you paid for preferred you'll get a preferred room somewhere. Sometimes all preferred rooms will be full and they will put you in a standard room but they will refund the difference. I doubt that will happen at ASMo because most of the rooms are preferred.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #1653
SPAM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN2B12 View Post
We are booked to stay in a preferred room at ASMo the last week of October. I requested a Toy Story room, but from what I'm reading the Toy Story building will probably be in the middle of the refurb when we are there. Will I still get a room in one of the other preferred buildings (even though my first request may not be available)?
When is ASMo getting rehabbed? I am going mid november, will this affect me? I want to stay in Toy Story?
Old 07-13-2011, 08:08 AM   #1654
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAM View Post
When is ASMo getting rehabbed? I am going mid november, will this affect me? I want to stay in Toy Story?
It's happening right now.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #1655
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAM View Post
The last I read, Toy Story section will be the last to undergo the rehab and is slated to be completed by the beginning of November. So you should be good!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #1656
mbf
Mouseketeer

We are booked for the Toy Story building in December. We are on the QSDP with the refillable mug but I must have a good cup of Starbucks brewed coffee every morning so I plan on bringing my own coffee pot. What I was wondering though is what kind of creamers are stocked in the self service beverage station at the Food Court at ASMo?

Also, I know there is some sort of little market to buy milk or juice at the hotel. Do they sell half gallons or containers large than single serve and if so how inflated is the cost? We are renting a refrigerator and won't have a car so just wondering if it is possible to buy a decent quality of milk on property.
mbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #1657
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbf View Post
We are booked for the Toy Story building in December. We are on the QSDP with the refillable mug but I must have a good cup of Starbucks brewed coffee every morning so I plan on bringing my own coffee pot. What I was wondering though is what kind of creamers are stocked in the self service beverage station at the Food Court at ASMo?

Also, I know there is some sort of little market to buy milk or juice at the hotel. Do they sell half gallons or containers large than single serve and if so how inflated is the cost? We are renting a refrigerator and won't have a car so just wondering if it is possible to buy a decent quality of milk on property.
I don't think you can be sure you will be in Toy Story.

Not sure what they have for creamers. Last I checked milk was 2.99 for a half gallon in the gift shop.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #1658
mbf
Mouseketeer

Sorry, probably should have phrased that differently
We booked Preferred - requested Connecting Rooms and Toy Story Building. Should I also have to request two beds or is that a given when not requesting a handicapped accessible room? We definitely need two beds in each room.

$2.99/ half gallon is not too bad of a price for milk. I also meant to say a good quantity of milk not quality. I am really only anticipating a few days of in-room cereal eating but definitely will be having daily coffee in the room while waiting for the teens to get ready.
mbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #1659
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

I've narrowed down our resort choice to Pop Century or All Star Movies for 2012. To help with the choice, can you please answer some questions?

1. To confirm, does All Star Movies have sink area privacy curtains in every room, including standard rooms?

2. I know movies are not shown at AS Movies because they are shown within walking distance at AS Music, but are there other pool activities (bingo games, trivia games, etc.) offered at the Fantasia pool?

3. Do large groups commonly stay at AS Movies in Mid to Late September, or is it mostly families?

Thank you!
Old 07-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #1660
C&G'sMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
I've narrowed down our resort choice to Pop Century or All Star Movies for 2012. To help with the choice, can you please answer some questions?

1. To confirm, does All Star Movies have sink area privacy curtains in every room, including standard rooms?

2. I know movies are not shown at AS Movies because they are shown within walking distance at AS Music, but are there other pool activities (bingo games, trivia games, etc.) offered at the Fantasia pool?

3. Do large groups commonly stay at AS Movies in Mid to Late September, or is it mostly families?

Thank you!
There are curtains in the rrfurbished rooms including standard. We stayed in Mighty Ducks bldg 2 May 29 to June 6.

They are showing Movies at all the All Stars now. I still prefer watching them at Music because you can watch them from the pool.
Don't know about groups in September. I have a thread about our trip here on the resorts board.

"Those who dance are thought mad by those who hear not the music." - Unknown
C&G'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:20 AM   #1661
dazednconfused
DIS Veteran

Hi!!
Looks like we'll be staying at AS Movies the next time we visit WDW! We were at the AS Music in 08 and 09. Wanted to stay at Movies then too, but the rooms were not yet refurbished, so we chose Music instead. For this next trip, we actually wanted to stay at the Art of Animation (standard room). However, it looks like the standard rooms there will not be available when we visit. So it's back to All Star! And Movies it will be! We did not book a preferred room. Instead, our agent will request that we be placed in the Mighty Ducks section since it's close to the As Music main building. Honestly, we'll be happy at ANY section they put us in. They all look so cute!

We won't be there till Nov 2012, but I'm already excited!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:21 AM   #1662
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazednconfused View Post
Hi!!
Looks like we'll be staying at AS Movies the next time we visit WDW! We were at the AS Music in 08 and 09. Wanted to stay at Movies then too, but the rooms were not yet refurbished, so we chose Music instead. For this next trip, we actually wanted to stay at the Art of Animation (standard room). However, it looks like the standard rooms there will not be available when we visit. So it's back to All Star! And Movies it will be! We did not book a preferred room. Instead, our agent will request that we be placed in the Mighty Ducks section since it's close to the As Music main building. Honestly, we'll be happy at ANY section they put us in. They all look so cute!

We won't be there till Nov 2012, but I'm already excited!
AoA won't be open till next year in June. And the regular rooms are rumor to not be ready till Dec.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #1663
dazednconfused
DIS Veteran

Yup. I realise that AoA will only be completed in 2012 and the Standard Rooms will not be ready till Dec 2012. I'm visiting in Nov-Dec 2012! Was hoping to tbe able to book it for my trip, but alas. The Disney booking site won't allow it. No matter though. It's AS Movies for us!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #1664
ms.ojo
DIS Veteran

Question refillable mug program

Anyone there now or just back who can share some insights on the new refillable mugs w/ barcodes? How's it going?

June 2014 & June 2012 & FREE QS dining! Aug 2011 & (BWI) June 2010 Oct 2009 & FREE dining!!! Nov2008 & (CR) Oct 2007 Oct 2006 & FREE dining!!! Dec 2005 (POFQ), Gaylord Palms, , Univ & Hard Rock Apr 2005 & (WL) Oct 2003 Apr 2002 (ASMo) & Dolphin PLUS 5 trips offsite prior to kids
ms.ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #1665
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.ojo View Post
Anyone there now or just back who can share some insights on the new refillable mugs w/ barcodes? How's it going?
Thats only at AS Sports
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: