Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2011, 05:04 AM   #1636
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut6 View Post
Correct you have a curtain separating the sink from the bedroom. I was able to get up early in the morning and get dressed without disturbing my family. The curtain blocks out a lot of the light. :malefice n
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G'sMama View Post
Here's a picture of the curtain from our stay in building 3 (Mighty Ducks) 2 weeks ago

Thank you!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #1637
Disneynut6
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelab View Post
When did you make your phone request? Was it when you booked your resort? Also, how far in advance to do you do online checkin and how exactly does that work?

Thanks for the update on the room refurb! We go in Sept. and booked preferred. Hoping to get Dalmatians. I def. want an updated room! Did your family have a good trip?
I made the phone request a couple a months out when I read on the boards building 1 had been refurbed. You can make the phone request anytime but resorts start assigning rooms 4 days out. Online checkin can only be done 10 days from reservation. You are allowed to make 2 additional requests. I chose ground floor and close to lobby. I received the ground floor corner room near the bus stop. I like online checkin because it is very quick process and allows you to spend more time in the parks or Downtown Disney.
Disneynut6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #1638
C&G'sMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I like online checkin because it is very quick process and allows you to spend more time in the parks or Downtown Disney.

I agree. there was no one in line for online check-in when we got there and a few familes in the regular line.

"Those who dance are thought mad by those who hear not the music." - Unknown
C&G'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #1639
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:

I made the phone request a couple a months out when I read on the boards building 1 had been refurbed. You can make the phone request anytime but resorts start assigning rooms 4 days out. Online checkin can only be done 10 days from reservation. You are allowed to make 2 additional requests. I chose ground floor and close to lobby. I received the ground floor corner room near the bus stop. I like online checkin because it is very quick process and allows you to spend more time in the parks or Downtown Disney.
Were the ground floor request online..or you did those on the phone as well. I never do online checkin and I usually make my requests by phone...then I fax as well (when staying at Pop). This time I may try online check in though.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #1640
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

I think the potential "downside" with room requests and on-line check in is that if you have two requests and they can't meet both, they don't know which is more important to you. For example, if you request ground floor, bldg XX and they don't have a ground floor in that bldg, they will get you a ground floor in another building. But maybe having a certain building is more important to you than being on the ground floor.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #1641
Disneynut6
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Were the ground floor request online..or you did those on the phone as well. I never do online checkin and I usually make my requests by phone...then I fax as well (when staying at Pop). This time I may try online check in though.
The ground floor request was online. The only request I did by phone was for the building since you can't make that request online. I was lucky to recieve all 3 of my requests. Just remember there is no guarantee that Disney will satisfy your requests.
Disneynut6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #1642
bellelab
Mouseketeer

Will my 4-year-old be able to wear waterwings in the pool? I thought I read somewhere that any floatation device/toys weren't allowed.

bellelab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #1643
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaBi View Post
I think the potential "downside" with room requests and on-line check in is that if you have two requests and they can't meet both, they don't know which is more important to you. For example, if you request ground floor, bldg XX and they don't have a ground floor in that bldg, they will get you a ground floor in another building. But maybe having a certain building is more important to you than being on the ground floor.
From what I have been told is they go with your first request 1st, so if the building you want is the 2nd and 1st floor is available somewhere else but that building, they will put you in another. Your requests are supposed to be put in order of importance.

Quote:
The ground floor request was online. The only request I did by phone was for the building since you can't make that request online. I was lucky to recieve all 3 of my requests. Just remember there is no guarantee that Disney will satisfy your requests.
Thanks. 1st floor is the most important one for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelab View Post
Will my 4-year-old be able to wear waterwings in the pool? I thought I read somewhere that any floatation device/toys weren't allowed.
I never read that before and I know at Pop you can bring floaties and toys.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #1644
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quick questions how big is really this resort. If you are staying at the Duck or love Bug building how far is it to main building? We normally stay at POR but always have lucked out with a room closer to the main building without being prefered. 10 minute walk is not far to our standards at Disney.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #1645
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

I've never been over on that side, but I can't imagine anywhere being more than 10 minutes. It's about 3 minutes from the far-most back corner of the Toy Story section if that gives you an idea.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #1646
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pletprincesses View Post
Quick questions how big is really this resort. If you are staying at the Duck or love Bug building how far is it to main building? We normally stay at POR but always have lucked out with a room closer to the main building without being prefered. 10 minute walk is not far to our standards at Disney.
I have had the pleasure to stay a all three of those places

far end of Mighty Duck was only about 7 min wander We loved it here both times we were right off the quiet pool
Love Bug we were near the Winner Circle. found that location a bit more noisier than Mighty Ducks. The walk here to the main building was a bit farther closer to the 10mins.

POR that was the longest walk we have ever had .... I found out I much preferred the smaller size of the Value resort in comperison to the grandious space of the Moderate. It was a nearly 15 min walk to the main building.

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #1647
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your replies. I'm glad to hear it's only a quick walk away regardless of where you stay at Movies. Seems like the main building is close enough to fill our mugs or garb a quick snack. I'm too cheap to pay for a prefered room if I don't have to... can use the money for other things LOL I'm actually getting excited about this trip since I've changed my reservations from POP to Movie. I think this resort will appeal way more to my daughters and myself but we will miss POR.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #1648
candielips
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any more news as to how far they are into the refurb?

We are seriously thinking of changing our resort for our Aug/Sept trip to ASMo. Our DS is obsessed with Toy Story and while I know that the Toy Story buildings are not slated to be completed until November, I am wondering if I were to change, what my chances of recieving a refurbed are?
I will not stay in one of their older rooms.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #1649
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
Does anyone have any more news as to how far they are into the refurb?

We are seriously thinking of changing our resort for our Aug/Sept trip to ASMo. Our DS is obsessed with Toy Story and while I know that the Toy Story buildings are not slated to be completed until November, I am wondering if I were to change, what my chances of recieving a refurbed are?
I will not stay in one of their older rooms.
I'm pretty sure 1,2 and 3 are done. Last report was they were working on 4 but i would think by now that would almost be done. But it is summer season so who knows. Maybe someone else will know for sure .

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #1650
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

So excited to stay here! Hoping to get a MD room, as the boys would love it! Plus being closer to the parking lot works for us!!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: