Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #1591
C&G'sMama
DIS Veteran

I would love Mighty Ducks as that's where we've stayed in the past as we get Standard building. The only other Standard is Herbie?

Although my son is less than thrilled. The only time he's ever been to Movies we was just about 2 and the Giant Masks scard the heck out of him. He's 8 now and less than thrilled at the prospect of staying there again.

We'll request it and see what happens. I too love the location for its proximatey to Melody Hall of ASMu and we've always been near the parking lot. We drive so the bus isn't an issue for us.

"Those who dance are thought mad by those who hear not the music." - Unknown
C&G'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #1592
Jupiter&Wolfe
Just a poor college kid scraping up every dime to pay tuition AND go to Disney!

Hello fellow ASMo goers! Just got back 2 nights ago from a week long stay, it was our first time staying here....and may I say I LOVED IT!

I was in The Pongo building, ground level, Room 1760 right next to Pongo. Yes, my room was refurbed and it looked beautiful, the tv was really nice. The family I traveled with was in the Perdita Building, I forget their number but they were on the backside facing the woods on the 3rd floor. Their room was NOT refurbished. Their room was always clean and everything worked fine, but their bedspreads were more worn out and the furniture looked all around older. That said, I kind of liked the Dalmatian specific border on the walls rather than the newly refurbed ASMo generic border in my room. But that's okay.

YES, THEY ARE PLAYING MOVIES EVERY NIGHT AT ALL OF THE ALL STAR POOLS NOW!

Two different nights we watched Lilo and Stitch and Beauty and the Beast at the Fantasia Pool. Some others that played the week we were there were Tangled and Robin Hood. It was a big hit with the little girls we traveled with.

Mousekeeping was great, got a Mickey Head Towel one night and my room was always clean. All of the staff were fantastic and friendly.

A CM named Alyssa was doing entertainment by the pool on Saturday evening(the 21st I believe?). She was absolutely fantastic. We played Disney Trivia and won and went to go pick out of the prize box. She said to Morgan, one of the little girls I was with, "I have a special magic bubble wand for you if you'd rather have that." And 20 minutes later we returned to the pool to find Alyssa waiting for us with the bubble wand. We also did the cupid shuffle with her at the dance party, she was a lot of fun. If there's a way I can call Disney to leave a good comment for her, can someone let me know? I was going to do it at Disney and it completely slipped my mind.

We were on QSDP, so we had a lot of meals at the food court, and we never had a bad meal. The Chicken Alfredo was delicious, and on two separate occasions I treated myself to some Mickey Waffles. The Food Court was always clean despite the fact that it was ALWAYS busy. I like how compact the resort is and all the little Disney details did not disappoint.

Oh yes, and one more thing.....we were FAMILY OF THE DAY when we arrived on the 16th! There was a sign waiting at check in, lots of balloons, and a big celebration. The girls got Minnie Mouse stuffed animals and we got a private tour of the hotel. The trip could not have been more perfect and ASMovies was icing on the cake. (and GASP, we actually spent TIME at a value resort and enjoyed it!!)

So anyway, if anyone has any other questions feel free to ask.

Jupiter&Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #1593
C&G'sMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter&Wolfe View Post
Hello fellow ASMo goers! Just got back 2 nights ago from a week long stay, it was our first time staying here....and may I say I LOVED IT!

I was in The Pongo building, ground level, Room 1760 right next to Pongo. Yes, my room was refurbed and it looked beautiful, the tv was really nice. The family I traveled with was in the Perdita Building, I forget their number but they were on the backside facing the woods on the 3rd floor. Their room was NOT refurbished. Their room was always clean and everything worked fine, but their bedspreads were more worn out and the furniture looked all around older. That said, I kind of liked the Dalmatian specific border on the walls rather than the newly refurbed ASMo generic border in my room. But that's okay.

Two different nights we watched Lilo and Stitch and Beauty and the Beast at the Fantasia Pool. Some others that played the week we were there were Tangled and Robin Hood. It was a big hit with the little girls we traveled with.

Mousekeeping was great, got a Mickey Head Towel one night and my room was always clean. All of the staff were fantastic and friendly.

A CM named Alyssa was doing entertainment by the pool on Saturday evening(the 21st I believe?). She was absolutely fantastic. We played Disney Trivia and won and went to go pick out of the prize box. She said to Morgan, one of the little girls I was with, "I have a special magic bubble wand for you if you'd rather have that." And 20 minutes later we returned to the pool to find Alyssa waiting for us with the bubble wand. We also did the cupid shuffle with her at the dance party, she was a lot of fun. If there's a way I can call Disney to leave a good comment for her, can someone let me know? I was going to do it at Disney and it completely slipped my mind.

We were on QSDP, so we had a lot of meals at the food court, and we never had a bad meal. The Chicken Alfredo was delicious, and on two separate occasions I treated myself to some Mickey Waffles. The Food Court was always clean despite the fact that it was ALWAYS busy. I like how compact the resort is and all the little Disney details did not disappoint.

Oh yes, and one more thing.....we were FAMILY OF THE DAY when we arrived on the 16th! There was a sign waiting at check in, lots of balloons, and a big celebration. The girls got Minnie Mouse stuffed animals and we got a private tour of the hotel. The trip could not have been more perfect and ASMovies was icing on the cake. (and GASP, we actually spent TIME at a value resort and enjoyed it!!)

Thanks for the information. The kids will be excited about the movies by the pool, heck, I'm excited about the movies by the pool

I don't know what building we'll be in, I was hoping for Mighty Ducks just because for us it's more convenient with our car but then my SIL who we're traveling with (different room) requested a room near transportation because she and my brother have our 93yo mom with them and may be taking the bus some though I'm hoping to have the car available to them most of the time. So, we'll see where we land.

Can't wait, we'll be there Sunday!!!!

Old 05-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #1594
MagicKisses2
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Sounds like you had an amazing trip! I'm so glad you had such a great time at ASMo. We will have our first stay there this coming January and your experience made me even more excited.

POR & AOA Jan '15 - Did he really sign up for the Goofy Challenge?! ASMo Oct '13 - ToT 10 miler CBR Jan '12 - Official 5th trip and second half marathon! POP Jan '10 - Wayne's first Disney Half Marathon CSR Jan '08 - winter get-a-way POFQ Dec '06 - 1st anniversary AKL Nov '05 - honeymoon
MagicKisses2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #1595
bellelab
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks so much for telling us about your stay! We are staying here in Sept. and now I am extra excited to hear about the games and movies! My kids will be in heaven. We have requested the dalmatian section so hopefully we will get it and the other building will be done by then! Glad you had a fabulous time! That's so fun you were family of the day!

bellelab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #1596
lock3130
Mouseketeer

We have been to Disney many, many times but our February trip will be the first time with our daughter. She will just have turned one year old when we come down. We have stayed at the All-Star before and it's one of our favorite resorts but we're not sure if it will suit our new needs. We'll obviously have a pack 'n play, stroller, extra luggage, etc. I'm concerned that the room would be crammed. We are also considering staying at a Boardwalk Villa but we're doing the Princess Half Marathon and that is not a participating resort, so we couldn't get transportation to the race...not to mention the price difference. Has anyone ever stayed at the All-Star w/ an infant or toddler? If so, what was your experience like? Would you recommend staying there or pay the extra and stay at Boardwalk?

Thanks!
lock3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #1597
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock3130 View Post
We have been to Disney many, many times but our February trip will be the first time with our daughter. She will just have turned one year old when we come down. We have stayed at the All-Star before and it's one of our favorite resorts but we're not sure if it will suit our new needs. We'll obviously have a pack 'n play, stroller, extra luggage, etc. I'm concerned that the room would be crammed. We are also considering staying at a Boardwalk Villa but we're doing the Princess Half Marathon and that is not a participating resort, so we couldn't get transportation to the race...not to mention the price difference. Has anyone ever stayed at the All-Star w/ an infant or toddler? If so, what was your experience like? Would you recommend staying there or pay the extra and stay at Boardwalk?

Thanks!
i can totally reccomend it! our first trip, almost 2 yrs ago we took our then 4 yr old and 2.5 yr old, plus he used the pack and play and we had the sit and stand double stroller. it really was manageable. we parked the stroller in front of the window and placed the pack and play against the wall...the ones disney supplies are a bit smaller than regualr ones. one thing i will suggest is an over the door organizer or a hanging one that you would keep clothes in at home, to store your toiletries etc...the counter space is very small. enjoy!

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #1598
C&G'sMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock3130 View Post

Thanks!
I absolutely would recommend it.
Our trips with DP myself and our kids are as follows All are at All Stars unless otherwise noted
2001 - DD 18mos old
2002 - DD 2 1/2 yo
2005 - January DD 4y 9 mo DS 21 mos
2005 - December DD 5 1/2 DS 2 1/2
2007 - DD 7; DS 4
2008 - DD 8; DS 5
2009 - April DD 9; DS 6 - CBR
2009 - December DD 9; DS 6 POP
2011 (we get there Sunday) DD 11; DS 8 back "home" to All Stars

We are not small people and the space isn't an issue for us. When DS gets a little older we may decide to get a 2nd room.

Whatever you decided to do, enjoy.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:30 AM   #1599
k^2
Ramblin' Wreck

Heading to ASMo in September! I'm hoping that most of the refurbs will be complete, so that the probability of getting a refurbished room will be Can you request a refurbished room on the phone with a CM post-making the reservation?

Last edited by k^2; 05-27-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: smiley
k^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #1600
DisneyMom0709
Mouseketeer

im going to be staying at all star movies in september are the perferred rooms reburished?

ME DH DS(6) DD(5)DS (Infant)

DisneyMom0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #1601
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom0709 View Post
im going to be staying at all star movies in september are the perferred rooms reburished?
dalmation building 1 is done.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #1602
Reddy
Scrapbooker

how long does it take for them to get a building done??
which one are they working on now??
Old 05-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #1603
Jupiter&Wolfe
Just a poor college kid scraping up every dime to pay tuition AND go to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k^2 View Post
Heading to ASMo in September! I'm hoping that most of the refurbs will be complete, so that the probability of getting a refurbished room will be Can you request a refurbished room on the phone with a CM post-making the reservation?
You can call and ask, but they will most likely tell you there is not refurbishment going on! We even tried calling and requesting and that's what they told us. Any calls you make to the "hotel" are actually going to a call center that could be anywhere on earth for all we know. So a lot of times the CMs on the phone don't even know whats going on at the hotel and may have never even been there. If you really want a refurbed room, I would call and just request to be in Dalmatian building 1 since that's guaranteed to have a refurbed room.

Jupiter&Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #1604
kycanonist
Mouseketeer

My travel agent actually had a direct line phone number to the hotel. Someone has to have access to it if she does... There's got to be a way to call them directly. She definitely did not call the main call center.

My husband and I would love to have a refurb room, but my kids are desperately wanting to stay in the Toy Story section...
Old 05-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #1605
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycanonist View Post
My travel agent actually had a direct line phone number to the hotel. Someone has to have access to it if she does... There's got to be a way to call them directly. She definitely did not call the main call center.

My husband and I would love to have a refurb room, but my kids are desperately wanting to stay in the Toy Story section...
I am a travel agent and we do not have direct numbers to call.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: