Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #1516
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

I don't know about 24 hours......but I can tell you that they were open around 1am! Last January the hubby would go get coffee and tea and we would sit out on the benches outside of Fantasia building around 1am and just enjoy our surroundings..and the fact that the boys were both sound asleep!

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
hebbynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #1517
Flutie05
Earning My Ears

refillable mugs

the cafeteria eatery area is only open until midnight where the drink stations are located at.
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #1518
NeverBeen2DW
I have been to Disney, I just do not know how to change my screen name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
That has changed. You can actually walk all the way from All-Stars to Coronado Springs. It does involve crossing Buena Vista twice at traffic lights but it can be done. I've done it. The sidewalk does pass Blizzard Beach.
Really? How far of a walk is it? Minute wise?

Completed trips: AKL 12/4/2006, PO-FQ 3/19/2007, CSR 12/7/2007, POP 4/17/2008, BWI 12/12/08, CSR 12/16/08, CSR 4/1/2009, POR-RS WORST RESORT! 12/15/2009
Upcoming trip: CSR Dec 2 - 6
NeverBeen2DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:21 AM   #1519
SPAM
DIS Veteran

Do they have the resort decorated for the holidays yet? We are going down Sunday and would love to see some holiday cheer
Old 11-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #1520
trac96
DIS Veteran

just got home last night and movies was not decorated yet for the holidays.
trac96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #1521
PelletierBears
Mouseketeer

Staying at All Star Movies for first time in Dec

Hi all!

I just added 2 nights at ASMovies onto our December trip. It'll be our first time there. In fact it's a first time value stay for us (need the queen size bed and bunk bed option!)

So...how are the rooms at Movies? Are they older and in need of a reno?
We're looking forward to the new experience but hope we're not disappointed.

Thanks!
Lisa

1982 - offsite, 1996 - offsite, May 2001 - AKL, June 2006 - WL, June 2007 - WL, July 2008 - WL, June 2009 -Split stay: Pirate rm CBR & Poly Club Level!, December 2010 -Split stay: POP & WL, June 2012 - Split stay: CSR & WL, January 2014 - Split stay: AKL Club level & Poly, January 2015 - AKL Club level
PelletierBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #1522
trac96
DIS Veteran

Yes, the rooms are in need of a renovation but they are still nice. they are small but clean. the mousekeeping was great while we were there a few weeks ago. we didn't get any animals but i am thinking she knew we had a 17 year old with us who really didn't care. the dining area was busy in the mornings mostly and then didn't seem to bad at other times. there was always a cleaning lady going around cleaning off tables when people got up. we didn't use the pool so can't coment on that. the front desk cast was great, very friendly and always more than ready to help. the buses were good while we were there. we only waited a few times and it wasn't more than 15 minutes. they do share with other all stars but if you go into it knowing that then you'll be ok. we have never stayed at a value before this time either, we were always deluxe snobs and even my husband said that the values aren't that bad for a quick/cheap trip. however if you have to have bells and whistles don't go value.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #1523
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

TEN MORE DAYS!!! Last Minute Tips???

Arriving AS Movies 12/3. A lot of our time will be out at the parks but have some time set aside for rest at the resort. Any last minute tips?

Breakfast? We will eat at AS Movies only for early breakfasts....hoping for the same chocolate chip pancakes we had at AS Sports n 2008.

How do you relax at the resort? I know there's lots of fun movie icons to look at and get some good photos... do you walk around the other All Star Resorts?

Mini-Golf by Blizzard Beach? Is it easy to get a bus to go to the Santa Mini-Golf place by Blizzard Beach? This looks close to the All Star Resorts.

Any Transporation Tips? We will rely on Disney's bus transportation but sometimes might want to take a taxi (travel from resort to resort). Are there taxis standing by or best to let the front desk know in advance?

Magical Express? I know Southwest Airlines now participates in the thing where we can check in our luggage for our departure at the AS Movies lobby, wasn't possible in 2008. Did this work well? We are hoping to pack most things the night before to make sure none of our luggage is over the SWest 50 pound limit. Can you access the scale late at night?
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #1524
almburr
DIS Veteran

20 more days til our trip! DS5 is so excited! SO AM I!! This will be our 3rd trip DS first trip, requested prefered room. Other trips we stayed at WL,PORS.
almburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #1525
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

DisneyFamily---we are checking in the 3rd too! Just a quick weekend trip for us...just there till the 7th. Can't wait, I miss Disney...haven't been since last oct and that's tooo long!
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:39 PM   #1526
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
DisneyFamily---we are checking in the 3rd too! Just a quick weekend trip for us...just there till the 7th. Can't wait, I miss Disney...haven't been since last oct and that's tooo long!
Ditto... we were there last Oct. Started planning this trip in Nov. 2009 right after we got back! Obviously I've become obsessed with Disney with 1000 posts.... We really liked AS Sports in 2008, perfect for the price... and I know DS5 will absolutely love the Toy Story and Dalmations icons at AS Movies. We arrive 12/3 to AS Movies by 11:30 then off to Crystal Palace for lunch and MK!

I saw your link... I think a Disney Cruise is in order for our next trip..... I better start saving!!!
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #1527
trac96
DIS Veteran

the baggage check in for when you depart is wonderful. we also packed the night before and was ready to leave our stuff for the airport and head to the park. this was an easy process. we had an ipad with us and they put it in security instead of just leaving it sit outside with the rest of our luggage. yes it was an extra step for us but of course well worth it. i don't believe that you can weigh your bags the night before. i don't recall seeing anything to do so. they do however weigh them when you take them down. as a matter of fact the day we went home we caught the magical express at 4:15pm and the luggage people were gone and there was no scales then. not sure why as i'm sure there were probablly people leaving later than us but my husband made a comment about them not being there. if you need a cart to get your luggage down to the area yourself you can go get a cart and take it to your room but you do need to leave your driver's liscene with them till you return the cart so head's up on that.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #1528
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!

:oops!::

Last edited by VeganCupcake; 12-14-2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Switched to POP
VeganCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #1529
KATIESMOMMY
DIS Veteran

we booked our first Christmas vacation here! We have been previously, but only to Pop Century and only the first week of Dec. This should be an interesting change for us!

2006 Poly and Pop Century
2008 Pop and DCL
KATIESMOMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #1530
PharmerJan
Earning My Ears

We have a trip here in March- first timer at a value!

Question:

Is there flavored coffee creamer at the drink station at the food court? (Ie- coffee mate, etc).

Im totally hooked on creamer and will need to plan in advance if this is not available. Really, its that important.
PharmerJan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: