Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #1501
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
I noticed some of the rooms have a kitchen. How much more are they? I'm not sure if we need it since we won't be there too much, but it looks convenient however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpettie View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think you must have been looking at ASMusic. It's about double the cost as those rooms are bigger and sleep six.
Yes it is Music and the rooms are more than double and only sleep 6. I have never seen how they could be much of a value as 2 rooms would cost less and sleep more. I don't think the kitchenette is much either, but I could be wrong.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #1502
almburr
DIS Veteran

I noticed that hair dryers are not in the rooms, that they must be requested. How do I request one? Do I need to call ahead or ask at front desk? Or would it be best just to bring my own?
almburr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2010, 05:34 AM   #1503
babemoocow
Earning My Ears

I've stayed at different moderates and values, I do agree Movies needs a little face lift. But it is still my choice when it comes to hotels.
To me, ASMovies is really the only one that is Disney themed to me. That is why we have choosen that one multiple times.
babemoocow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #1504
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by almburr View Post
I noticed that hair dryers are not in the rooms, that they must be requested. How do I request one? Do I need to call ahead or ask at front desk? Or would it be best just to bring my own?
I have always had a hair dryer in my room. They are attached to the walls, so they will be there. I don't understand why they say that you have to ask.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #1505
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by almburr View Post
I agree with previous poster - there are hair dryers in the rooms. They aren't high quality, so if you need a diffuser or special tools, bring your own.
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #1506
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I've been looking through this thread and don't see what I am looking for...

Does anyone have any pictures inside the food court? Drink stations, menu boards, drink cases, anything like that?

I like to know what I am walking into
Old 10-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #1507
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

So we just changed our 12/5 to 12/10 to ASMo today on our 3yo DS's urging. LOL We were staying at WL so now the question is what do I expect? This is only our 2nd Value stay and our only other stay was POP and I wasn't in love.

He wants to stay in the Toy Story buildings and we have already paid for preferred any suggestions on where to request? I would like to be close to the Food Court area and not really caring about closeness to the pool. Thank You
Old 10-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #1508
Flutie05
Earning My Ears

preferred

toy story is a preferred building and is next to the main building! We requested in staying in toy story when we go, about 31 days left til our trip!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #1509
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I've been looking through this thread and don't see what I am looking for...

Does anyone have any pictures inside the food court? Drink stations, menu boards, drink cases, anything like that?

I like to know what I am walking into
Check allears.net for pictures.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #1510
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutie05 View Post
toy story is a preferred building and is next to the main building! We requested in staying in toy story when we go, about 31 days left til our trip!!!
I am going to call tomorrow and request Buzz per my 3 yo Thank You

We have 44 sleeps left to go and we are so excited.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:55 AM   #1511
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

ok so now it is getting close!! Woohoo Only 36 days to go and we will be at Movies too!!! I can't wait...Disney on my bday! This is the first yr we have gone and stayed a couple days in a long time, normally we are staying the night before our DCL week on the Magic. Missing no cruise this yr but looking forward to MVMCP again and another park. So I wanna conserve the money and read there is a microwave in the food court for public use??? My 10 yr old loves raman noodles and I would love to take somethings for lunch to save on money. Also has anyone ordered pizza delivery? How much is the cost and is it any good?
Thanks Michelle

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #1512
ewspy87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Also has anyone ordered pizza delivery? How much is the cost and is it any good?
Thanks Michelle
The cost is too high and the quality is not great. It's about as good as a frozen pizza you get from the super market. However, since it is the only food that is delivered to your room in a value, if you don't feel like leaving the room for a meal go for it. It's cheaper to eat in the foodcourt.
Disneyland
6x while stationed in CA in 94/95
Aug 98
TR May 07
ewspy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:55 PM   #1513
schoolinmy3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamLiveLoveDisney View Post
They do have Mickey waffles. The food there was decent. Nothing to write home about, but it was good. The food court in the morning is complete chaos though (and we went during value season!). It was often hard to find a table, so sometimes we just brought our food back to the room to eat.
We will be staying in ASMO for the first time in February. It was also be our first stay in one of the ALL STAR resorts. What time is the food court generally open for breakfast?
Thanks
Diane
schoolinmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #1514
Flutie05
Earning My Ears

food court

food court is open for breakfast from 6am-11am. lunch and dinner is 11am-midnight!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #1515
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

How Late Can I Refill My Refillable Mug?

Can the refillable mugs be refilled 24 hours a day? In 2008, I remember the All Stars Resort drink stations closing around midnight.... but in 2009 at the Polynesian, drink stations were open 24 hours a day.

Thanks! About 1 month to go!
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: