Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #1486
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFreak06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Posts: 3,712

I've been to both ASMO (And ASMU to be fair) and Pop (twice) and I loved all of them! To be honest, a lot of what you get out of your hotel is what you put in to it. If you go in thinking you are going to hate it, then you will. If you go in thinking you're going to have a great stay at Disney and refuse to let anything get you down, then you will. That's how I see it anyway, and I've stayed at 5 different resorts, and I loved each and every one of them, although each one was quite different from the next.
__________________
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #1487
jeanylaser
Walt Disney World Dolphin resort biggest fan
 
jeanylaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MIAMI, FL
Posts: 2,541

thanks for the quite info!
__________________
DEC 2015- Disney's Art of Animation Resort
jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #1488
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran
 
lmbcdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 1,028

fridge and/or coffeepot swaps?

Does anyone know of any fridge and/or coffeepot swaps for ASMo? I've searched the boards and can't find any. We are staying 12/21-12/26/2010.
__________________
Lisa Marie
Me44, DH44, DS11,DD6
Sept 2012-AoA/CSR(FD),Oct 2011-Pop(FD),Christmas 2010-ASMo(FD),Jan 2010 FW Cabins(buy 4,get3)


lmbcdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #1489
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran
 
PixieDustandEeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,947

Did you check the sticky at the budget board alot of the All Star ones have went missing.
PixieDustandEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #1490
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran
 
lmbcdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 1,028

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustandEeyore View Post
Did you check the sticky at the budget board alot of the All Star ones have went missing.
Thanks, I did, but all the links were out of date...
__________________
Lisa Marie
Me44, DH44, DS11,DD6
Sept 2012-AoA/CSR(FD),Oct 2011-Pop(FD),Christmas 2010-ASMo(FD),Jan 2010 FW Cabins(buy 4,get3)


lmbcdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #1491
Flamingomo
Jack Sparrow's Wench...and proud of it. Its Flamingo Mo. Sorry to disappoint.
 
Flamingomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wherever the Black Pearl takes me
Posts: 643

Anyone know what kind of food I can expect at the ASMo? Specifically breakfast. Do they have Mickey Waffles? Please tell me yes! I could not get any breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey's and I really wanted my 10 month old to knaw on a Mickey shaped waffle I got reservations at the Crystal palace but I think they only have Piglet waffles there.
__________________
First trip to Disney 1977 Honeymoon 1995 Just the two of us again 1999 1st trip with our boys 2005 Awesome time in December 2007!!! Dec 2010 too much sickness February 2012 Birthday Trip!
DH 47 Me 45 DS 13 DS 10DS 4
Flamingomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #1492
DreamLiveLoveDisney
Mouseketeer
 
DreamLiveLoveDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
Anyone know what kind of food I can expect at the ASMo? Specifically breakfast. Do they have Mickey Waffles? Please tell me yes! I could not get any breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey's and I really wanted my 10 month old to knaw on a Mickey shaped waffle I got reservations at the Crystal palace but I think they only have Piglet waffles there.
They do have Mickey waffles. The food there was decent. Nothing to write home about, but it was good. The food court in the morning is complete chaos though (and we went during value season!). It was often hard to find a table, so sometimes we just brought our food back to the room to eat.
__________________
DH & ME Taylor-13 Emily-8 Ben-6 Avery-5
DreamLiveLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #1493
Caribbeanprincess
Princess of the Caribbean Seas
 
Caribbeanprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,729

I will be staying here from Dec. 28- January 5! I've stayed at BWI and ASMusic before, but never movies. So give me the 411! :
__________________


Me 25 ~[SIZE="1"][COLOR="lime"]Trips: April 1996 - Offsite ~ July 1998 - Offsite ~ April 2006 - Offsite ~ December 2007 - Offsite ~ December 2008 -Disney's BoardWalk Inn ~ June 2009 - Disney's AllStar Music ~ December/January 2010-2011 - Disney's AllStar Movies ~ December 2011 - Pop Century ~ December 2012 - Pop Century
Caribbeanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #1494
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 12,852

Just got back from a couple nights at All-Star Movies. The rooms are still the old style, but the room was clean, the comforters were "bright" (as in fresh and good condition), and nothing seemed really worn. We were in the Love Bug section, 1st floor standard room.

I did have some unique requests at checkin. They were all taken care of, but it took a loooong time to check in.

This trip was actually for my DH and BIL. They are still there on a free dining package.

My DH has an annual pass, so they bought the 2-day tickets with the package. My BIL needed to upgrade his ticket to a 9-day hopper. It took 2 phone calls and bringing a manager over to do that.

We needed to add myself as a guest to the room for the 1st two nights. I only wanted a room key, not the package elements. It took a phone call and a long time to do that.

We needed to add myself to Magical Express for my departure. That was actually not that hard. I saw the girl at the desk talk to DME and give them my flight information.

However, the next day I did not get any information on my door for my pickup time.

I went by the desk and they had no record of me being on DME. It was too late to call DME that night.

So the day I was to leave, instead of having breakfast with my DH before leaving, I spent 30 minutes at the front desk while they tried to print me out a boarding pass with DME. It took a phone call to DME, and a manager at the computer while on the phone with DME to get the boarding pass printed out.

While I really enjoy the All-Stars, I find that their front desk staff is really poorly trained and anything other than the usual takes you waaaay to much front desk time.

It easily took 2 hours more than it should have to take care of our checkin and DME needs.

Oh, and for some reason I was unable to use RAC at the resort because they couldn't find my flight information in the computer there.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #1495
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
Just got back from a couple nights at All-Star Movies. The rooms are still the old style, but the room was clean, the comforters were "bright" (as in fresh and good condition), and nothing seemed really worn. We were in the Love Bug section, 1st floor standard room.

I did have some unique requests at checkin. They were all taken care of, but it took a loooong time to check in.

This trip was actually for my DH and BIL. They are still there on a free dining package.

My DH has an annual pass, so they bought the 2-day tickets with the package. My BIL needed to upgrade his ticket to a 9-day hopper. It took 2 phone calls and bringing a manager over to do that.

We needed to add myself as a guest to the room for the 1st two nights. I only wanted a room key, not the package elements. It took a phone call and a long time to do that.

We needed to add myself to Magical Express for my departure. That was actually not that hard. I saw the girl at the desk talk to DME and give them my flight information.

However, the next day I did not get any information on my door for my pickup time.

I went by the desk and they had no record of me being on DME. It was too late to call DME that night.

So the day I was to leave, instead of having breakfast with my DH before leaving, I spent 30 minutes at the front desk while they tried to print me out a boarding pass with DME. It took a phone call to DME, and a manager at the computer while on the phone with DME to get the boarding pass printed out.

While I really enjoy the All-Stars, I find that their front desk staff is really poorly trained and anything other than the usual takes you waaaay to much front desk time.

It easily took 2 hours more than it should have to take care of our checkin and DME needs.

Oh, and for some reason I was unable to use RAC at the resort because they couldn't find my flight information in the computer there.
I'm really surprised they allowed yo uto stay in the room. As far as I know, everyone in the room has to have the same package, which means you would've had to had 2 tickets and free dining as well. And were you being added on at check in? if so, I can see why it did take so long, as this is not how they do things. Glad it all worked out for you in the end though.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:37 PM   #1496
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 12,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm really surprised they allowed yo uto stay in the room. As far as I know, everyone in the room has to have the same package, which means you would've had to had 2 tickets and free dining as well. And were you being added on at check in? if so, I can see why it did take so long, as this is not how they do things. Glad it all worked out for you in the end though.
That is not true. When you book the package with Disney reservations, everyone listed has to have the same package. However, upon arrival, as long as you are not above room occupancy, extra guests can be added to the room, but they CANNOT be added to the package.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #1497
katieam1
DIS Veteran
 
katieam1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Verona NY
Posts: 1,692

We stayed at All Star Movies for one night because we got there earlier than we thought (driving from NY) I was in the mighty duck area and I was glad it was only one night. I LOVED the theme of the hotel, the grounds were awesome and the kids LOVED it. The room however was in major need of a refurbishment. I found myself shocked they were not refurbing these rooms before they were working on Pop. We did not have a refurbed room at Pop but that room was fresher/seemed newer than the Movies room. I hope they get to Movies soon because it is such a great feel that it needs to be fresher. Once it has a face lift I would stay there again if I was not using my points.
__________________
My family: DH (Dan 35), Me (Katie 30), dd (Shelby 8), & dd(Madilynne 6) Guinevere (3 months)

katieam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #1498
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
That is not true. When you book the package with Disney reservations, everyone listed has to have the same package. However, upon arrival, as long as you are not above room occupancy, extra guests can be added to the room, but they CANNOT be added to the package.
Really? I have never heard that before. But good to know. We may have an extra person staying with us one night next trip and I wondered how I was going to do that without gettting in trouble.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #1499
Flamingomo
Jack Sparrow's Wench...and proud of it. Its Flamingo Mo. Sorry to disappoint.
 
Flamingomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wherever the Black Pearl takes me
Posts: 643

I noticed some of the rooms have a kitchen. How much more are they? I'm not sure if we need it since we won't be there too much, but it looks convenient however.
__________________
First trip to Disney 1977 Honeymoon 1995 Just the two of us again 1999 1st trip with our boys 2005 Awesome time in December 2007!!! Dec 2010 too much sickness February 2012 Birthday Trip!
DH 47 Me 45 DS 13 DS 10DS 4
Flamingomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #1500
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?
 
tpettie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
I noticed some of the rooms have a kitchen. How much more are they? I'm not sure if we need it since we won't be there too much, but it looks convenient however.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think you must have been looking at ASMusic. It's about double the cost as those rooms are bigger and sleep six.
__________________



All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: